hagar

Massage chairs and contamination

This is kind of a mundane question, yet it may have some general relevance.

Just across the corridor from my office there is a "quiet room", where employees formerly could sit and work out in a stationary rowing machine. I've used this room to do my standing practice, but there's not alot of space. Anyway. I always hoped that this could be a place wher I could slip in and do abit of meditation and RnR. And just this week, out of nowhere, there appeared a huge spacecraft-looking massage chair and a bed.

Thank you universe!

But as I use this massage chair (excellent for sore backs btw) just to sit, and meditate, I feel abit "polluted". Its being used by others at the workplace, and I feel that eventhough I feel replenished by sitting, the effect is kind of icky, or sticky. A

So, I wonder, does all those stressed out bodies actually leave a mark in the machine/chair, and how much of it rubs off? I sat in a similar chair in the gym where I work out, and the effect is definately there too.

No one else seem to mind, yet when you open energetically all kinds of stuff may attach itself to you.

So any thoughts?

h

Well, I personally wouldn't worry about it. I have no problem mixing it up with strangers, I get my unwanted attachements from people who are closer to me. But, you could try cleaning the chair before you use it, and yourself afterwards. I mean energetically. You must have a couple spiritual helpers you could ask, no?

Just across the corridor from my office there is a "quiet room", where employees formerly could sit and work out in a stationary rowing machine. I've used this room to do my standing practice, but there's not alot of space. Anyway. I always hoped that this could be a place wher I could slip in and do abit of meditation and RnR. And just this week, out of nowhere, there appeared a huge spacecraft-looking massage chair and a bed.

Thank you universe!

But as I use this massage chair (excellent for sore backs btw) just to sit, and meditate, I feel abit "polluted". Its being used by others at the workplace, and I feel that eventhough I feel replenished by sitting, the effect is kind of icky, or sticky. A

So, I wonder, does all those stressed out bodies actually leave a mark in the machine/chair, and how much of it rubs off? I sat in a similar chair in the gym where I work out, and the effect is definately there too.

No one else seem to mind, yet when you open energetically all kinds of stuff may attach itself to you.

So any thoughts?

h

Alcohol works well to energetically clean; some of that hand-sterilizer type or the wipes. Alternatively you could use sandalwood oil, sage oil or rosemary oil. Put a couple of drops on a paper towel, kinda buff it up and go over the chair. Or you could set your intent on neutralizing the sick qi and project qi to clean it; results depend on your skill level.

Thank you universe!

So any thoughts?

If you can feel it it's not doing you any good.It's affecting you

Clear the room and the chair / bed with your mind - with intention.

Beds hold on to all kinds of things especially in motel rooms.

You might also try energetically enclosing yourself in a protective ball of light.

Edited by mYTHmAKER

Alcohol works well to energetically clean; some of that hand-sterilizer type or the wipes. Alternatively you could use sandalwood oil, sage oil or rosemary oil. Put a couple of drops on a paper towel, kinda buff it up and go over the chair. Or you could set your intent on neutralizing the sick qi and project qi to clean it; results depend on your skill level.

Unless of course it's a Jersey Cotton fabric ;)

But I like the idea - it wouldn't draw the kind of attention burning Olibanum (or Nag Champa, lol) would.

Well, I personally wouldn't worry about it. I have no problem mixing it up with strangers, I get my unwanted attachements from people who are closer to me. But, you could try cleaning the chair before you use it, and yourself afterwards. I mean energetically. You must have a couple spiritual helpers you could ask, no?

Great, thanks. I kinda agree, yet the thought of hoards of stressed peoples chi seeping into my system is abit, I don't know, eerie.

If I do have some spiritual helpers, they probalby come in the best disguises. But I'll try to talk them into giving me a hand

h

if you can feel a icky, sticky sensation that seems like its latching on to you and you cant shake it off, i think its probably some bad energy or something.....good luck protecting yourself !

I remembered something from the time I was doing a lot of "Klangtherapie" (Singining Bowl Therapy) - Sugilith, a very good, and powerful stone for attracting and "containing" unwanted, foreign frequencies. It works very quickly, if you wear one with energy work, you have t oclean it every day.It's also very beautiful, and not cheap:

sugilith.jpg

I wouldn't put it on necklace. Better to have it on a bracelet, anklet, or in your pocket.

Hagar

Perhaps I am being naive here, but when does one reach a level where you can protect yourself from this sort of influence through your own development?

That was my initial reaction to this query of yours. Hmmm, doesn't Hagar have enough Power to ward of this sort of problem after all these years?

Does anyone have any suggestions purely on the energetic level for self protection, sealing against pernicious influence, etc?

Personally I like to use space clearing techniques like clapping or bell ringing.

Any thoughts?

Craig

Personally I like to use space clearing techniques like clapping or bell ringing.

Any thoughts?

Craig

I think a lot about it, lol. We do house clearings with singiing bowls, tempel cymbals, bells and Gongs. Works great :)

But I don't know if it's the most sensible technique for Hagar's situation. Honestly, Hagar, you really have very little to worry about, if anything at all. It's your fear that'll cause the problems. Craig motivated me to say that straight up ;)

Edited by soaring crane

Thank you universe!

So any thoughts?

h

Gross, Buyer Beware I rather soak in my clean hot tub at home if you dont have one a hot bath or shower will do nicely. Cloud

Hagar

Perhaps I am being naive here, but when does one reach a level where you can protect yourself from this sort of influence through your own development?

That was my initial reaction to this query of yours. Hmmm, doesn't Hagar have enough Power to ward of this sort of problem after all these years?

Does anyone have any suggestions purely on the energetic level for self protection, sealing against pernicious influence, etc?

Any thoughts?

Craig

Ok since the gloves are off.... :lol:

I'd have to start with Craigs answer here first, since its a nice entry into an important general issue regarding cultivation.

First of all, I'm a lazy, inconsistet student that probably dissapoints my teacher. So these days my practice is motivated by untamed shame.

Anyway; you can never get clean, and stay that way, energetically speaking. And I don't think its something to aspire to anyway. On the other hand, what I find is that its easy to let "sick" or "stuck" energy or information to latch onto you. Its enough to just sit an watch TV, CSI, the news or Sex in the City for that matter. Actually, what Ive found is that the more I practice, the more I need to be careful. Its like silence never stays silent if you dont keep silent.

But mostly, I find that if you are not very skilled, meaning approaching mastery, energy pollution is everywhere in an urban environment. Just sitting infront of the PC all day really brings havoc into my system.

I do my qigong practice in a yoga room in my local gym, and found that there are 2 things I cannot do after; taking a sauna, and sitting in the chairs. It takes the effect out of the practice.

Thanks everyone else for nice feedback and tips!

Actually, what Ive found is that the more I practice, the more I need to be careful.

I'm also not the best student in the world, but this seems to be true.