Sign in to follow this  
Li Jiong

The sources of life

I thought it was ancestral chi, chi from our foods and chi from the air we breath.

Sexual energy as well

I thought sexual energy was located in the kidneys, which is where ancestral chi is stored and distributed?

I will have to find my notes, but I really do think it's in some TCM classic that these are the three sources, unless it is mistranslated or I misunderstood it.

Ken Cohen uses the terms personal qi and transpersonal qi. Personal qi is what we inherited from our parents .Our inborn constition. This we don't have much control over. Transpersonal qi is what we can build through dedicated practice .We learn to absorb more energy from nature and the universe.

Food and breath are important. Sexual energy as well. Michael Winn said sexual energy is like a kind of food to Taoists. Sexual energy(jing) can be developed through quiet meditation and supposedly taking jing tonics also. Some say it can be devleoped through Tantra/sexual qigong but that requires alot of patience and discipline though probably worth it.

Sign in to follow this