Sign in to follow this  
soaring crane

One for the raw food folks

Perhaps eating that many bananas a day could well be hazardous. :o

Maybe he was talking about the Asian bananas that are only as big as a man's thumb. That would still be a bunch though, wouldn't it?

I think that this is called 'going to extremes'. The middle path is better.

Peace & Love!

Interesting, but I think it could work better for him because he runs a marathon a day and is thus burning tons of carbs. Probably as fast as he eats them.

Jury is still out on the longterm effects of such a nondiverse diet, though...

A Bananatarian? Does this guy think he is a primate?

A Bananatarian? Does this guy think he is a primate?

hahaha@bananatarian :)

Actually, I know someone (through Facebook) who crewed for him recently at an ultramarathon, she wrote that he showed up with nothing but a crate of oranges and a juicer. His juicer broke and she helped him squeeze all his oranges by hand (no Robert Johnson jokes, please). He ran so fast past the aid station that she had to sprint to chase him down to get him his OJ.

So, not just bananas, apparently.

I doubt seriously that'll he be doing this much longer.

I could never eat such a one-sided diet, just from the psychological side of it. But after reading the blog article, I did look more into the raw foods community and, well, I'm intrigued now. But I've been doing my best to stay to a low-carb and alkaline-based diet for a while now and even that's proving too much for me to maintain. Especially at Easter :P

hahaha@bananatarian :)

Someone at my work had something wrong with him a while ago (can't remember what) went to the doctor and doc said too many bananas. He only had 3-4 a day. After he cut back to 1 a day he got better.

Balance and moderation is always the key. To be honest i'd rather suffer from a big night on the alcohol than eating too many bananas, but thats just me :P

I've eaten raw foods and felt great from it. Cooked food does taste nicer though. It's nice to go raw during the day and have a nice cooked dinner at night. Something to look forward to throughout the day.

Sign in to follow this