Hi!

Met this guy in Malaysia. My friends claim he is a famous Taoist Master. Could you shed some light, please? Is he an anthropologist as he claims or a taoist Master - or both? Please note that I have already read the info on the net posted by his disciples/himself.

Thanks in advance for any info you may give me.

Cheers.

I've found the stories I've read around concerning this guy pretty funny :lol: :lol:

I also saw his prices, they're no joke though :blink:

I happen to get some exercise video of his with russian dubbing or something from somewhere (can't remember), not even sure I still have it. What was in it? Some stretching exercises and stuff like that if I remember correctly, seemed ok, but probably not ok for the prices I would imagine he charged.

I've found the stories I've read around concerning this guy pretty funny :lol: :lol:

I also saw his prices, they're no joke though :blink:

I happen to get some exercise video of his with russian dubbing or something from somewhere (can't remember), not even sure I still have it. What was in it? Some stretching exercises and stuff like that if I remember correctly, seemed ok, but probably not ok for the prices I would imagine he charged.

Whats more amusing is the fools who believed the hype & gave this clown money. ha ha ha

Oh man, this guy . . . it's been a while since a new Verdesi thread, for some reason though, I think most of the Bums have been exhausted to the point near-complete apathy concerning this ever the controversial figure; popcorn probably not necessary now but oh I remember those days. Feel free to do a search on his name for some serious amusement though.

Don't even get me started on Deanty.

Stay away from him and others who only seek powers and public attention for $$$$ and ego feeding reasons. Truly unenlightened. The funny thing is that Verdesi never met the Dalai Lama and gives a personal opinion about him.

I believe he was teaching a form of Tao Yin (Daoyin)!

RELEASE THE HOUNDS....:)

Ape

I clearly remember Verdesi openly admitting to snorting his own urine. Another thing was some kind of butt plug to be inserted into the rectum, How in the hell this builds "Chi" is beyond me. Maybe sean denty could fill us in (no pun intended lol)

I pity the wife of this man, i could only imagine the sickening filth she's been subjected to by this monster.

Edited by r.w.smith

This guy claimed that the Dalai Lama is unenlightened.

I think the dalai lama himself describe himself as unenlightened.

Something along the lines of "no I am not enlightened but I know the steps necessary to get there".

But what do I know? I don't even know the steps...

It depends on what unenlightened means. I recognize only one enlightenment and that is the one

that comes with an Earthquake (Shakyamuni and Jesus).

The Theravada way is four paths.

First path - stream enterer

Second path - once returner

Third path - non returner

Fourth path - Arhat

For further schooling, a person has to go the Diamond Path or the Great/Middle Path.

That's good, but in this case the problem is not what you recognize, but what the Dalai lama recognises.

If he says that he is not enlightened, it means that he refers to an experience-state- that he has obviously not reached. Independently if what he has reached is already an enlightening state from your point of view.

The funny thing is that Verdesi never met the Dalai Lama and gives a personal opinion about him.

People do this all the time with other individuals, but no one cares. It's only when someone's pet "good guy" is judged negatively that we must require they meet our pet guy in person and think 72 times, very hard, preferably after a 3 year retreat, to pronounce a negative opinion. But if you want to have a negative opinion about anyone else, without meeting them in person, feel free! Help yourself! Enjoy! Knock yourself out! :) Woo haaa...

I don't know anything about Verdesi, so please don't take this as either positive, negative or even neutral evaluation on David. I'm just trying to point out the uneven standard we seem to have when it comes time to getting an opinion about someone. For some people we don't mind if you acquire any amount of opinions, right away, without meeting that person, without even hearing much from that person, etc. The standard is very low. For others, oh jee, before you say something negative, you better go study 30 years under the person you want to negatively opine about. On the other hand, if you want to say something positive, you don't have to study for 30 years. Hell, you could speak completely out of your arse without knowing the fist thing, as long as it is positive.

So for example, if I don't know the first thing about Dalai Lama, and I say "Isn't Dalai Lama wonderful?" No one is going to challenge me. Everyone is in agreement. No one is going to challenge me by saying, "wait a second, how do you know Dalai Lama is wonderful?"

Edited by goldisheavy

Im now convinced this guy is possessed by several demonic entities.

Are you sure you are not projecting your own uneasiness? I use the know David many years ago. I see nothing like what you guys say in the picture. Yeas, he had his issues, (who hasn't). He was both hated, loved and envied.

But to look at a person't picture and start claiming that you can feel evil things about him is not a good action either. What will you do next? Attach him with a pitch fork?

There is an interesting piece of wisdom in judaism that a jew friend once explained. It's something about: "it's a very evil action to say that a person is evil". In other words no one is good or evil, but our actions sometimes are. Criticize the actions, in case. Not the person. And regarding the looking into a person eyes (and hearing a person speaking) to see if he or she is lying. I can do this. Anyone who is in conscious touch with his emotions can do it. But you cannot do it from a picture. And again we are speaking of judging an action, not the person.

Stay away from him and others who only seek powers and public attention for $$ and ego feeding reasons. Truly unenlightened. The funny thing is that Verdesi never met the Dalai Lama and gives a personal opinion about him.

while instead having never met David Verdesi and giving a personal opinion about him is fine