OneConsciousness

The Perfect Morning Ritual for Optimal Awesomeness.

I've been debating the idea of a perfect morning ritual and am looking to incorporate different ideas into mine.

Do you stretch first thing? Go for a walk? Do some Qigong? Meditate? Wash your face first?

What be an AMAZING way to start the day?

Despite knowing Tai Chi, some yoga and a few different meditations I've never been a morning practice person. Even though I knew intellectually it was the best way to start the day, I was just never successful. I needed something not too time consuming, energizing and enjoyable to do.

For me the 4 chi gung set from KAP fit those criteria and made a big difference to me. I still practice them every morning (basically, it's evolved slightly)

This weekend I got up and went for a walk up a nearby hill, did my Tai Chi form 2x and then some seated meditation on a nice rock, overlooking the town and ocean. That was great fun :) but took over 1 hour 30 min, can't really fit that in and go to work :lol:

I wouldn't say it's perfect, but I normally go for a walk and then stretch afterwards, after breakfast.

I've been debating the idea of a perfect morning ritual and am looking to incorporate different ideas into mine.

Do you stretch first thing? Go for a walk? Do some Qigong? Meditate? Wash your face first?

What be an AMAZING way to start the day?

Guess it depends entirely on your objectives, either first thing in the morning or in your cultivation.

I do the following at the start of the day:

- lie in bed, unmoving, and remember my dreams/travels (moving links me to the waking world and hinders this process)

- I sit up and put my feet on the floor and breathe through them and thank the Earth for letting me connect

- I take a sip of luke warm water to start the digestive system

- I stand up and let the blood flow & heart adjust to the waking day

- if I've woken up early enough I may go for a jog (20 mins), thereafter I would do some yogic stretches (not a fan of doing stretches unless the body has warmed up)

- I shower to clean the body and the aura

- I give thanks to the water for its assistance

- I then do some qigong

Alas, I'm usually rushed during most weekday mornings so I don't have time for the energy to settle before breakfasting. I also do deep breathing on the bus, as well as internal mantra recitation.

Hope this helps in some way...

Peace,

James

Before I even get out of bed, I do inner smile and finish with few circles of MCO. When I am done, I massage my body and stretch in bed. At that point I feel awake and totally relaxed. Next, I wash my face, drink few glasses of warm water with lemon and start my kundalini yoga warm-up set (Mantra Girl DVD) - 20 min. Yoga always makes me feel awesome. After the warm up set, I meditate for a few minutes and do quick Qigong massage to get the energy going. Next, I do Awakening the Soul Qigong (17 min) and I finish with 10 to 20 min meditation. After that, I am ready for breakfast!

The first thing I do before getting out of bed or anything else, is rub my ears vigorously. After that, it varies.

I rub my eyes.

I usually stretch, maybe do horse stance with a meditation and alittle iron fist.

Great feedback in here so far. Thanks everyone. I look forward to reading even more various morning rituals...

I do some breathing exercises, but I'm too inconsistent.

Edited by Alister Silas

I've been doing Primordial Qigong every morning which I find is a great way to start the day.

what is the purpose of rubbing ones ears?

Good Morning :)

It's very invigorating, and a standard feature of any Qigong self-massage. There are a 1000 variations on the theme. All of the background would take a few pages to explain, but give it a try.

This is my routine, inspired in large part by Baolin Wu's book Here

First, just some general rubbing, any old way, just till the ears are warm

Then, "Flicking", hard, so that it really stings. I use my ring, middle and index fingers progressively to flick the top, middle and bottom

Then, "Fanning" from back to front

Next, pinching, pulling, "kneading" and stretching all along the edges, including the lobes

Finally, "popping" - I've learned a few ways to do this but what I end up doing is using the balls of my thumbs, the fire Lung points, to push the little flap of cartilage (don't know what it's called, but it makes a good stopper), firmly into the openings, sealing off my ears and creating pressure inside. At that moment, "listen" inwardly, eyes closed. After a few seconds, pull the hands quickly away, feel the "pop", open the eyes and listen outwardly. Nine repetitions would be traditional.

And then... sit up and "Beat the Heavenly Drum" nine times.

No need for coffee anymore :-)

The ears are intimately connected to the Kidneys and that means a lot... For example, the element water attracts money! :)

I also rub the eyes a specific way and a few other things as well, but the ears are the most important thing (to me).

Greetings..

Before anything (unless nature tells me otherwise), i do one set of 24, and 3 sets of Dragon Gate QiGong.. then, start the coffee, take a shower, and gear-up for another day in Paradise..

Be well..

Prayers, drink a cup of warm water, IntuFlow, stretch, meditate, stretch again and I'm good to go!

BLESSINGS!!!

My first thing in the morning is to go to the toilet and pee. It's quite joyful... awesome, so to say :)

Although I wouldn't claim that this is the reason of a well started day, still, my day would be very sticky if I wouldn't do this :)

Mine: wake up, watch the movie "Powder", cry, eat a steak, put clothes on, take a shower, put new clothes on over wet clothes, fall asleep while standing in the living room (read Pathetic Qigong by Marvin Duckwater to learn this skill), wake up in a pool of various fecal matter (unsure if mine), re-watch "Powder", do 1,000 pushups, salt, make car noises at myself in the mirror while masturbating, powder Jesus rash, CALZONE TIME!

Mine: wake up, watch the movie "Powder", cry, eat a steak, put clothes on, take a shower, put new clothes on over wet clothes, fall asleep while standing in the living room (read Pathetic Qigong by Marvin Duckwater to learn this skill), wake up in a pool of various fecal matter (unsure if mine), re-watch "Powder", do 1,000 pushups, salt, make car noises at myself in the mirror while masturbating, powder Jesus rash, CALZONE TIME!

Sounds like I got some learning to do. lol