Trunk

Meeting the Challenge

Trunk,

These videos are incredible. Especially the beginning of the second one: WHOA! Maybe that has more to do with it being so appropriate for me right now than transmission, though.

Thank you for posting.

Has juice for sure. Reminds me of a purified Adi Da. Same lineage. Favorite Muktandanda story: "Baba, one of your disciples eats meat and drinks wine!"

Baba- "So what, he shits it out the next day, why are

you still holding on to it".

This could be the answer to many TTB disputes. :P

WHOA!
Has juice for sure.

:D:lol:

Yeah, my rxn is the same, still blows me away. My basic rxn sitting with Mark was: eyebrows halfway up my forehead and jaw on the floor. :lol: And the vids are of when he is "just talking", during lecture. Then there's the meditations. :o

I found, of those two vids, the most distinct transition at around 8 minutes into the first video. Dug'm both. B)

Not related to his juice...but he reminds me of Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now. ^_^

I LOVED Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now :wub:

Dude's don't need an orange dress to speak the truth, or to impress or transmit IMO;-)

I'm still very interested in "distance transmissions." If there's a medium (like Youtube or streaming) I'm still very interested but for different reasons.

The tempo in those videos was one of the things that was doing "something" IMO.

Great to see. Thanks Trunk!

I LOVED Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now :wub:

Dude's don't need an orange dress to speak the truth, or to impress or transmit IMO;-)

I'm still very interested in "distance transmissions." If there's a medium (like Youtube or streaming) I'm still very interested but for different reasons.

The tempo in those videos was one of the things that was doing "something" IMO.

Great to see. Thanks Trunk!

When the subconscious and conscious mind integrate, tempo tends to slow. Subconscious is generally 4x's slower than typical speech patterns. He displays other subtle physical cues as well. Believe me, he is not attached to the "orange dress". :)

.. the "orange dress". :)

It's a meditation shawl, not a whole outfit - and he's got a variety of them, diff colors etc. Main outfit is invariably normal western attire (with the shawl draped around the shoulders during sits).

In most of the meditation groups that I've been in, most of the people (teachers & students) wear some sort of large shawl (color & fabric: your choice). It's nice to wrap around you when you're sitting and after.

Almost none of the external formalities from.. whichever tradition exist within Hard Light. No one ever calls Mark anything but "Mark". You could consider yourself of any tradition and could study in Hard Light. Yet the internals are ... vivid.

I'll get off my soapbox now. ;)

- Trunk

I've always been impressed with Mark Griffin ever since Trunk pointed him out years ago.

It's always fascinating to hear him speak...

Notice how he doesn't know what he's about to say, he just says it as it arises out of nothingness... both he and the listener discover what he says as he says it. Also as he speaks, it dissolves back to nothing, with no leftovers flavouring what he says next. His way of speaking and using his attention creates huge amounts of 'space' in the listener... it's difficult to 'think' with so much space... notice how you feel a little disoriented and can't really remember the exact content of what he says. (the value of what he says isn't in the content of what he says it's in how he communicates it).

Most people when they speak, they know what they are going to say - they prepare it - their attention is on themselves rehearsing the words before they say them (good story tellers have their attention on the internal sensory representation of what they're describing)...

Thank you for showing us this person speaking and reflecting, and your thoughts shared after seeing it are most interesting. I too reacted like; " what's with the orange cape, and why does he sound like he's out of breath..?"

(and he does appear a little like Marlon Brando B))

:D

I used to speak like that, like how freeform describes it, and still do from time to time. Does it indicate anything?

Obesity? Retardesness, Sensitivty, Profoundness? Stroke? Wisdom? Detatchment? Or perhaps an over average Engagement? Or an active use of the subconscious mind?

Also the info of the subconscious being 4 times slower than conscious mind was news to me. Thank you! I've experienced that movement steered by subconsciousness is slow and recorded it. It also has a flowlike nature, so this makes sense. perhaps. And doing it I seem to be out of breath on occations..

hahaha. somehow this all seems really funny. like nice funny. why is that?

hahaha.thanks again. much love.

Edited by rain

I used to speak like that, like how freeform describes it, and still do from time to time. Does it indicate anything?

Obesity? Retardesness, Sensitivty, Profoundness? Stroke? Wisdom? Detatchment? Or perhaps an over average Engagement? Or an active use of the subconscious mind?

Definitely retardedness...

or enlightenment :lol:

Definitely retardedness...

or enlightenment :lol:

Delighted ! :lol:

Then I may ad something that crossed my mind..maybe

Multiple personality..or the multiple self. Have you read the book? What if he is when going quiet, just attending the conference of his multiple selves having a cool discussion and reentering with the democratic conclusion of this debate?

I've been hesitant of the expression "We are One" but I am warming up to "We are in One."

And let me make it totally clear I am not speaking of this man per se. I am speaking in general.

Edited by rain