Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

Yoda's tonic challenge

Has anyone taken anything consistently beyond basic vitamins daily for a period of over one year? I haven't. If you have, I'd love to know what it is.

Aside from the Honey/Vinegar we've been discussing on another thread, I also take DHA. We're ovo-lacto vegetarians, and the one thing you just can't get in that diet is DHA, which is really important for brain function among other things. We looked and looked, and couldn't find a suitable vegetarian source that we liked (flax oil was a no-go...ugh!). There is plenty of vegetarian DHA even in the mainstream health food stores, but for some reason, they always put it in gelcaps. We finally found it here:

http://www.vegetarianvitamin.com/shop/inde...red/prevstart//

and have been taking it ever since. It is made out of algae, and is actually vegan. Vegetarian vitamin is a fantastic site, and I recommend anyone interested in veggie nutrition check it out!

Aside from the Honey/Vinegar we've been discussing on another thread, I also take DHA. We're ovo-lacto vegetarians, and the one thing you just can't get in that diet is DHA, which is really important for brain function among other things. We looked and looked, and couldn't find a suitable vegetarian source that we liked (flax oil was a no-go...ugh!). There is plenty of vegetarian DHA even in the mainstream health food stores, but for some reason, they always put it in gelcaps. We finally found it here:

and have been taking it ever since. It is made out of algae, and is actually vegan. Vegetarian vitamin is a fantastic site, and I recommend anyone interested in veggie nutrition check it out!

Um, just curious, but what's the problem with Flax seed oil?

Ugh... is just not descriptive enough for me. :)

Craig

I don't eat meat or fish either but I eat eggs sometimes and the brand I use has 6 times more DHA then any other organic eggs brands. They feed their chickens with algae.

Cat,

Very cool! Can you still "feel it" then?

Several years... you may well be the winner of the coveted Yoda's Tonic Challenge, congrats!

-Yoda

Lozen,

I didn't find any info on it either. Any opinions on the Natural Calm so far?

-Yoda

The first night I took it I it definitely mellowed me out. Second night I took more and also felt "calm." Third night I took more and I think it was a bit much. Last night I mixed it with my tincture I forgot to take and mind was still racing before bed, but I think it was because I went to the gym after zazen instead of the other way around. We'll see...

For the last year and half I have consistently taken Cordyceps, Its a chinese Yin & Yang tonic that

strengthens the immune system and internal organs. In particluar it is used to strengthen the

kidneys and lungs, its also very good for healthy sexual function. What I have noticed so far is that

I rarely get sick and my sex drive has improved, I have also noticed I sleep better and have more

energy and my mind is clearer. I highly recommend cordyceps, the only thing is they are fairly

expensive for the good quality.

DanC--awesome, another winner of the Yoda Tonic Challenge! I'm actually surprised that there are tonics that have passed the one year mark. Says good things about them.

Leo,

The owner of the local health food store noticed that I was buying some Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar and he was very impressed and said that that product was one of the most powerful items he carries and that he has taken it everyday for years.

I've bought many things at that store, but this is the first time he ever praised my choice. So I'm stoked!! Next time, I'll have to ask him point blank which of his own products he has used daily for over a year's time.

It does seem to be instantly energizing, and I'm thinking that it's b/c it stimulates so much saliva production. The owner of the shop says it's the ph that stimulates digestive action in the stomach which is cleansing.

Thanks for the tip!

-Yoda

gotta get myself on the apple cider vinegar train! Any UK-specific recomendations, brits?

I've been taking Pycnogenol for a couple of weeks... I've been having great results with it, but want to test it for longer... then I'm planning on starting a new thread with my experiences... but for all you supplement fans, it really seems to get everything circulating, very impressive so far!

Pycnogenol is known for increasing production of nitric oxide..which accounts for the sensation of increased circulation. It's a proven remedy combined with arginine for erectile dysfunction..so definately a kidney/liver/chi tonic from an eastern perspective. Really good stuff. Love to hear your experiences..

T

Pycnogenol is known for increasing production of nitric oxide..which accounts for the sensation of increased circulation. It's a proven remedy combined with arginine for erectile dysfunction..so definately a kidney/liver/chi tonic from an eastern perspective. Really good stuff. Love to hear your experiences..

T

just because it helps alleviating symptoms it isn't necessarily a true tonifier... it even might make things worse in the long run... but this is just an assumption...

Just a few things...

Glucosamine was a big one a few years ago, I had injured my left knee when skateboarding and that helped majorly speed it up. There were two others, but can't remember them at the moment...

Kryogreen daily for a couple years, its an energy juice that also works as a mild detoxifier, aids in digestion (most my life dealt with IBS)

Aloe juice and Omega 3 supplement maybe 3 times a week (my doggie takes these, too, in his food)

Hey, Max, you do not eat steak tartar anymore, eh?? ;)

Long days and pleasant nights,

Michelle

Hey, Max, you do not eat steak tartar anymore, eh?? ;)

No meat or fish, but some raw eggs. Mostly raw vegetables and fruit.

Flax seed oil or hemp oil as a dressing.

Sign in to follow this