shaolin

Does anyone know of authentic taoist retreats?

I saw one in China on a tv series called "around the world in 80 faiths". Anyone know any taoist retreats that accept biginners for short term training?

I saw one in China on a tv series called "around the world in 80 faiths". Anyone know any taoist retreats that accept biginners for short term training?

Short term, like 2-4 weeks? I knew of one, may or may not still be operating, but absolute beginners were discouraged from attending. It's practice all day, every day, not fun, and people who aren't ready for that are a burden on everyone else involved.

Short term, like 2-4 weeks? I knew of one, may or may not still be operating, but absolute beginners were discouraged from attending. It's practice all day, every day, not fun, and people who aren't ready for that are a burden on everyone else involved.

Same happens to Buddhist Vipassana. Most (even seasoned meditators) quit quickly. Retreats are tough for anyone coming from industrial society. I suggest working progressively towards a retreat.

Saw it mentioned here years ago, may not be continuing.

http://www.zyqigong.org/retreats.htm

I attended a few seminars with Mingtang Xu here in Germany and found him to be, well, I don't want to put this badly but, kind of a show off. He goes for the whiz bang effects a lot, perhaps because he's used to American and Russian audiences and feels pressure to impress people. However his ZY Gong is a potent system for sure, which I would love to learn completely if I had the time and cash. It centers around the "X-Ray Vision" therapy but includes, for example, 100 days retention and up to 60 (or 90?) minutes of standing like a "Big Tree" every day.

He's not a "Practicing Daoist", btw. (who is?), but very knowledgeable in many arts. I imagine a multi-week retreat with him and his cadre would be pretty intense. He used to hold two week retreats on Mallorca, I think. And those were done, as far as I recall, with no food/water, so, that gives an idea of how far he goes. (of course, he's got a huge reserve of calories to get him through - he loves German bakeries...).

what about that thing Wang Li-Ping was holding every summer? is that still available? I am not sure it was a retreat per say though but I do remember members here discussing that Wang gave some pretty intense energetic transmissions. I think the whole deal costed like 5K total. Anybody recall this or know the details?

He's not a "Practicing Daoist", btw. (who is?)

what about that thing Wang Li-Ping was holding every summer?

True that, lol.

I'm going to spend a weekend with Qin Ling in Germany this June, pretty soon in fact. She bumped out Yang Jwing-Ming, so that says something about how much I want to meet her:

http://www.dao-meditation.com/dao-meditation_english/Qin_Ling.html

Taomeow told me about her. She's a long-term student of Wang Li-Ping. I'm looking very forward to June! I want to do the whole nine day seminar but it just doesn't fit into my schedule this year.

True that, lol.

I'm going to spend a weekend with Qin Ling in Germany this June, pretty soon in fact. She bumped out Yang Jwing-Ming, so that says something about how much I want to meet her:

http://www.dao-medit...h/Qin_Ling.html

Taomeow told me about her. She's a long-term student of Wang Li-Ping. I'm looking very forward to June! I want to do the whole nine day seminar but it just doesn't fit into my schedule this year.

Oh, cooool! Qin Ling is so tao. You can learn by just watching the way she moves. Smooth as silk. She's also excellent at explaining the most arcane alchemical concepts in a way that makes you get it. I think you're going to soar with her seminar, you being a Crane 'n all.:)