JohnC

Medical qigong

Hey guys,

I have a friend who is in extreme pain from lyme disease.

Does anyone know of really good medical qigongs? I've already recommended spring forest qigong. Is wild goose good as well?

Are there others?

Thanks,

John

Hey guys,

Does anyone know of really good medical qigongs? I've already recommended spring forest qigong. Is wild goose good as well?

Are there others?

Thanks,

John

Here is a book that has some info on Chinese Medicine & Lyme disease.

Have your friend attend this workshop: in Terre Haute, Indiana on May 22,23. I am probably going to do some clinical qigong healing sessions there the day before the workshop.

I do have a medical qigong clinic in Missouri.

I have a special interest in tick borne illness as I suffered rocky mountain spotted fever. These illnesses are misunderstood and not a whole lot of real information published.

There is also a medical qigong / Chinese therapeutics practitioner in Brazil, Indiana that knows a lot about Lyme's as he has suffered through it. PM me if you want more info.

These movements combined with rebounding ( I only recommend Needak brand for its soft-bounce surface - yes I do sell them) could help as well. This is what helps me with my tick-illness induced pain. I also take large doses of high quality fish oil, tumeric with bioperine, resveratrol, and a product called curazyme manufactured by Integretive Therapeutics corp.

There is another herb that many herbalists talk about with Lymes and tick borne illnesses; Teasel - I tried it and it didn't help.

Hey guys,

Are there others?

Thanks,

John

Dr.Ted Cibik-PA

Dr.Dennis Alexander-FL

Dr.Jerry Johnson-CA-Semi Retired

J.Michael Wood, MMQ-TN

Dr.Bernard Shannon-CA-Took Jerry's place

These are the real deals, some have been board members or are board members of the national qigong assoc and some studied in China and have certifications from there. It would help for a practioner to see and tx him. Then they can prescribe the appropiate qigong. There are others as well but I am currently not up to date with them. As a Doctor of Oriental Medicine, these are the people that come to mind that I would try and see.

Or if he is up near Ya Mu go see him.

Ya Mu mentioned some herbs and other products, there are some on the market that can help somewhat. Teasel is poplular but from a TCM perspective teasel doesnt help with an inflammatory disease, it tonifies Yang (yang being warm in nature) so it may not only not work it may make it worse. unless of course the person suffers from yang deficiency. LOL So if he were to try some herbs try to get a proper formula from a practioner based on how he presents.

Good luck.

Edited by yuanqi

YM,

How would rebounding help? Sounds interesting.

Simply the most efficient physical exercise that exists. Stimulates the immune system. And with the soft-bounce technology, very easy on the body's joints.

And just for clarification to the OP; use the book I suggested as a reference but, as yuanqi said, the presentation would need to be overseen by a TCM doctor.

Teasel is poplular but from a TCM perspective teasel doesnt help with an inflammatory disease, it tonifies Yang (yang being warm in nature) so it may not only not work it may make it worse...

Agreed. I mentioned it because it will be the first thing mentioned by western herbalists concerning Lymes.

Lymes / rocky mountain spotted fever / ehrlichiosis - all tickborne rickettsial diseases are extremely complicated and still mis-diagnosed today.

Agreed. It is mis-dx'd alot. Its funny b/w western herbs and eastern philosophy of their use. I have friends that are Registered Herbalists that combine both. And I thought Chinese Herbs were hard enough, combining both is great if done right! Over my head unless we use it too. LOL

Edited by yuanqi