Sign in to follow this  
Bioprin

Taoism Beliefs

So, I just uploaded: Taoism Beliefs To Youtube. Did I miss anything?

Let me know... I'll make a followup video... PS... the thing about Hit-Lur, People keep misunderstanding... So i must have done a terrible job explaining it. What I meant was that There is NO WAY TO KNOW all of the ways the universe balances everything out... so I just cited a couple of examples... and it sounded - to some - like I was was saying that those examples mentioned are all the ways that he got his karma back. ugh. =p

Okay. I finally shut donw my music so I could watch and listen to this.

First let me say that I think it is a very nice presentation. I loved the setting. Hehehe.

However, ... Yeah, I know ...

I understand how you led yourself into speaking of karma but I don't understand why. Karma is not a Taoist concept.

The other point I would like to make is that the word 'faith' has many connotations and is not a word I would use when speaking of (philosophical) Taoism. Trust is, IMO, a much more fitting word.

Of course, it was a perfect presentation because everything is perfectly exactly the way it is supposed to be at this very moment in time. (Well, except, IMO, the two points I have presented.

You done good. I enjoyed it.

Peace & Love!

I agree with MH that it was a good presentation - very confident and fluent and it seemed (I don't know if it really was) quite unscripted - which is good.

I think you mixed the idea that everything is balanced/perfect with the idea that everything is perfecting/balancing which isn't quite the same thing. If you can look at a raging storm or even a nuclear meltdown and see the perfection in that (as it is) then that is one thing and not the same as how nature will seek balance through bacteria. I'm not saying it wasn't a good illustration of Taoism but I felt it was a bit imprecise.

I got lost on the Hit-lur (?) thing ('Eva, Eva, whatever you cook for dinner it always tastes like sh*t to me!').

But overall a good vid and I'd watch the next. Liked the setting too but didn't mind the karma thing cos I think its a bit of a loan concept anyway.

Cheers

John

I wish there would be more discussions on this on TTB rather than all alchemy and martial arts.

Loved the video. I am looking forward to watching more.

I got lost on the Hit-lur (?) thing ('Eva, Eva, whatever you cook for dinner it always tastes like sh*t to me!').

LMAO!!! :P:lol::D:lol:

Edited by Bum Grasshopper

I'm trying Grasshopper. And so are a few others. But the others need to speak too. They just speak faster and louder than we philosophical Taoists do. Hehehe.

Peace & Love!

And I'll keep listening! ;)

Thanks Sweetie.

I will try to keep something active within the area of Taoist Philosophy.

Peace & Love!

I'm trying Grasshopper. And so are a few others. But the others need to speak too. They just speak faster and louder than we philosophical Taoists do. Hehehe.

Peace & Love!

This is what I'm after!

Please, share more!:)

This is what I'm after!

Please, share more!:)

I'm working on it Leon. Finally got some discussion working with the "Chapters" I am posting. But I want to make sure that responses to one chapter is complete before moving to the next.

I'm getting some nice discussion in the Nietzsche/Chuang Tzu thread as well.

Peace & Love!

Sign in to follow this