Liulang Hsien

Introduction

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post, even though I have been perusing through the discussions for awhile. I was wondering if someone might be able to add me so that I can access the personal practice forums. Also I have a few questions.

I have started a basic stillness routine and so far so good. In my area, Auburn Al, I cannot seem to find any teachers to help me on my path so I am left with only books as my guide. As has been stated this is not the prime situation.

I have read a good bit of "Taoist Yoga" by my Luk, but I am not sure if this is a good practice since some say there are many theories and techniques not disclosed by the book. I have also read a few books translated by Thomas Cleary, but I am having troubles here putting these classics into practical application. There are many other practices I have researched (Vipassanna, Tummo, KAP, Tenaga Dalam, Breath Absorbtion(Maspero,Henri)), but again I am kind of lost on where to start. Currently my plan is to practice Reverse Breathing then MCO, then perhaps take a shot at the Taoist Yoga book.

So I guess what I am asking is this a good plan?

Thanks Again,

Scott

-Sorry for the huge intro...

Great intro. Where to begin? Just start a basic meditation practice every day. 5 minutes to start and work yourself up to 20 minutes as a plateu and then slowly up to an hour and then just the basic watch your breath type of meditation. Start simple and basic but start and stick with it. Most people dont. You can always adjust your practices as you gain more experience but you must always maintain meditation as your core practice. Thats my opinion anyway.

Welcome to da Bums! :)

Hi Liulang,

Welcome.

May you enjoy your time here.

I'm sure you will have many opportunities to discuss you interests here as soon as youstart getting responses to your posts.

Peace & Love!

Thank you all for your warm welcome, it is greatly appreciated. I will definitely put your advise into practice Taiji Bum, that is a lot of help. Ive seen your videos on youtube and they're definitely good material.