.broken.

Refreshing breeze

Hello folks,

One sensation in particular has been prominent in my practices of late and I come here looking for your input. I rarely frequent TTB any more as I have settled on what practices I would like to advance with and find myself with little time to come here to discuss them and other routines/ways of living. However, there are many here with years of experience beyond my own and who have a deeper understanding of energy than myself - not the mention the vast amounts of intellectual knowledge many of you have. It is this that I greatly value about this community, which is why I find myself here once more.

Of late, when I practice my qigong set from the KAP level 1 course, I experience what I can only describe as a refreshing breeze, or perhaps a small fresh water spring gently erupting inside my head, where the two hemispheres start (if one were travelling up from the spine).

It's cool in nature, gentle, cleansing and nourishing. It has happened without fail every day this past week... As time has passed, the sensation increases in 'strength', or perhaps 'clarity' would be a better word.

My knowledge of Doaist/yogic texts is sparse and I am keen to learn more about the phenomenon. Is this something that you have heard of/experienced before? What can you tell me about it?

I look forward to reading your responses.

Much love,

James

I've occasionally browsed this forum over the past few months and have heard of this happening.

Keep the search up, people have described this sensation and i'm pretty sure it was discussed on here.

Edited by wrenter

Hi Broken,

Although I have no specific 'pratice' I know what you are talking about.

When I get to the point where I am actually increasing my capacities I get that feeling of fullness and emptiness at the same time. Kinda' like taking a shower from the inside out.

In my understanding I think what you are experiencing is your body being completely in harmony with the exercises you are doing.

Peace & Love!

Hello folks,

One sensation in particular has been prominent in my practices of late and I come here looking for your input. I rarely frequent TTB any more as I have settled on what practices I would like to advance with and find myself with little time to come here to discuss them and other routines/ways of living. However, there are many here with years of experience beyond my own and who have a deeper understanding of energy than myself - not the mention the vast amounts of intellectual knowledge many of you have. It is this that I greatly value about this community, which is why I find myself here once more.

Of late, when I practice my qigong set from the KAP level 1 course, I experience what I can only describe as a refreshing breeze, or perhaps a small fresh water spring gently erupting inside my head, where the two hemispheres start (if one were travelling up from the spine).

It's cool in nature, gentle, cleansing and nourishing. It has happened without fail every day this past week... As time has passed, the sensation increases in 'strength', or perhaps 'clarity' would be a better word.

My knowledge of Doaist/yogic texts is sparse and I am keen to learn more about the phenomenon. Is this something that you have heard of/experienced before? What can you tell me about it?

I look forward to reading your responses.

Much love,

James

Thats the earth chi. The chi that makes you grounded. It's like water. Keep practicing it will get more and more dense. You will taste it and smell it in your body. When you feel it's pretty dense try mix some warmer energy into it too and you will increase it's activity. The wet chi is like the amps, hot chi like the voltage. Both are good.

From my form of practice, this is a good indication - I'm not qualified to tell you what you can do with this, but keep doing what you do :)

You may like to notice any aromas or tastes if they occur - note them down, talk to Santi.

Keep the search up, people have described this sensation and i'm pretty sure it was discussed on here.

Thank you wrenter. I've had a look and searching these forums for the words chi, qi, head and brain turn up innumerable results. I guess I was being kinda lazy and hoping that someone would come to me with an answer ;)

When I get to the point where I am actually increasing my capacities I get that feeling of fullness and emptiness at the same time. Kinda' like taking a shower from the inside out.

In my understanding I think what you are experiencing is your body being completely in harmony with the exercises you are doing.

Peace and love to you too, brother. I think I know what you mean by "taking a shower from the inside out." It's the very reason why I do qigong. When I come home from work I always spend about 30 minutes doing some qigong to 'clean' myself :) I used to find that taiji sessions had a similar, though far more thorough effect.

Now, harmony... I do like the sound of that! Appreciate your input.

Thats the earth chi. The chi that makes you grounded. It's like water. Keep practicing it will get more and more dense. You will taste it and smell it in your body. When you feel it's pretty dense try mix some warmer energy into it too and you will increase it's activity. The wet chi is like the amps, hot chi like the voltage. Both are good.

Awesome. I must admit that the irony that earth qi is like water made me smile :) My ability is not to standard yet where I can summon yang or yin energy at will, though I am starting to realise - thanks to your post - what practices beckon their presence. (In my case, breath retention for yang and qigong for yin in case anyone's wondering.)

I am grateful for your words. They affirm that my daily routine is balanced between both yin and yang energetic practices and I find this comforting. Balance is important to me. Thank you.

From my form of practice, this is a good indication - I'm not qualified to tell you what you can do with this, but keep doing what you do :)

You may like to notice any aromas or tastes if they occur - note them down, talk to Santi.

Aromas, eh? Sounds like 7th chakra stuff to me. If I ever get to a stage where such phenomena occur I'll certainly be looking for more advice :)

Could you please elaborate what you mean by "a good indication" - indication of what? And could I also enquire as to what, in brief, your form of practice constitutes? Please pardon my nosiness, I merely ask for the sake of comparison, to see in what manner your practices may be similar to mine. KAP is one of a number of methodologies I indulge in.

Many thanks and much love to you all,

James

Edited by .broken.

Hello James. :)

I think you met the Valley Spirit....

Ch 6 Dao de Jing

"The Spirit of the perennial spring is said to be immortal, she is called the Mysterious One.

The Mysterious One is typical of the source of heaven and earth.

It is continually and endlessly issuing and without effort."

- Translated by Dwight Goddard and Henri Borel, 1919

"The valley spirit never dies.

It is the unknown first mother,

whose gate is the root

from which grew heaven and earth.

It is dimly seen, yet always present.

Draw from it all you wish;

it will never run dry."

- Translated by T. McCarroll

Could you please elaborate what you mean by "a good indication" - indication of what?

And could I also enquire as to what, in brief, your form of practice constitutes?

James, I practice the dreaded 'Kunlun' o_O

:lol:

We work with a similar cool flow in the head. It appearing spontaneously is a good sign according to my teacher. It's best to concentrate on your practice and not this sensation - curious but unattached is the most productive attitude to follow :)

My experience in seperating different sensations of chi from each other is very limited but when I have felt earth chi from doing standing or from working with the spleen it has felt very earthy for me whereas some kideny work has set of very watery flowing chi. The two feel entirely different to me and I can`t really see the watery in the earth chi. I would say that sometimes the earthy chi has felt kind of like moist earth but as opsed to the watery chi it is most definitively dry in my experience.

It's best to concentrate on your practice and not this sensation - curious but unattached is the most productive attitude to follow :)

Excellent point! Thanks for mentioning it.

Peace & Love!

I had a similar experience, after practicing tai chi one morning while at work I had the feeling that I had spilled cold water on my knees but it was inside the joint and felt viscous and very healing. I have a ripped miniscus and it felt great. I took it as a sign and inspiration to keep practicing.

Bill

Greetings..

The sensations mentioned remind me of the sensations that arise as my physical and energetic aspects slip into 'coherence'.. sometimes referred to as 'Central Equilibrium'.. forgive my inability at describing this sensation well, but: It's like an internal 'white noise', a subtle hissing that feels slightly cool, slightly tingling.. for 'me', it begins when i actually relax the 'girdle muscles' (abs, low back, and glutes).. it intensifies as the coherence refines toward resonance, as when i can 'still the mind', too.. i find it most experiencable during Wuji, and i'm beginning to develop it during standing-post, also.. hopeful that it will become more apparent in my Taiji, too..

Be well..

It's best to concentrate on your practice and not this sensation - curious but unattached is the most productive attitude to follow :)

I would stress this a little more. It can become quite unproductive if you get caught up in the sensations. It can be a trap and if you fall through it, you may need many years to untangle yourself and return to the original state.

To the OP - This could (but doesn't have to ) become a difficult period for you, requiring a cool head ;)

I think you met the Valley Spirit....

Hello cat :) Very intriguing quotes, and I am glad that you brought these to my attention. I recall Dr Yang writing about 'the valley', the area between the two hemispheres, and your reference to this renews my interest in his writings - time for me to dig them out of the bookshelves me thinks. My own instinct is that my right hemisphere is lacking is energetic wiring, so to speak, and this spring at the top of my spine is gushing forth the necessary to bring it in balance with the left.

I will ponder on the quotes you provided. Thank you ever so. Must admit, it would be bizarre if I'm experiencing something referenced in the Dao de Ching!! Stranger things have happened I guess...

James, I practice the dreaded 'Kunlun' o_O

We work with a similar cool flow in the head. It appearing spontaneously is a good sign according to my teacher. It's best to concentrate on your practice and not this sensation - curious but unattached is the most productive attitude to follow :)

Ah yes, the practice with the dubious stories surrounding it. Much like anything else, eh :) As long as the practice bears fruit for you, brother, that is all that matters.

KAP is very clear that it's objective is to develop the energetic body to a point where the kundalini awakenings and then go about ensuring it's permanent residence within. Your teacher, Max I assume, says that such a flow appearing in the head is a good sign. Pardon my ignorance, but a good sign of what? This is what I sought in my previous post and I apologise for not being clear enough. Perhaps more specifically, what is the objective of Kunlun?

I am well versed and aware of not dwelling on sensations. I must thank you for bringing this to the attentions of those who read this thread without such awareness, as it is indeed exceedingly valuable advice. Many experiences and sensations have come to me throughout my spiritual career and one most certainly learns to let go after going through hell and back. Scars are made to heal and experiences are meant to be learnt from and eventually dropped.

I had a similar experience, after practicing tai chi one morning while at work I had the feeling that I had spilled cold water on my knees but it was inside the joint and felt viscous and very healing. I have a ripped miniscus and it felt great. I took it as a sign and inspiration to keep practicing.

Bill

The sensation I get is not viscous, though it does feel healing and a little cool. As my sensation culminates at the top of the spine my guess is that the energies involved are rather different than those you experienced in your knees. Very good to read your story about how taiji is helping you, my friend :) Perhaps I should start taking it up again to fix my runner's knees!?

Greetings..

The sensations mentioned remind me of the sensations that arise as my physical and energetic aspects slip into 'coherence'.. sometimes referred to as 'Central Equilibrium'.. forgive my inability at describing this sensation well, but: It's like an internal 'white noise', a subtle hissing that feels slightly cool, slightly tingling.. for 'me', it begins when i actually relax the 'girdle muscles' (abs, low back, and glutes).. it intensifies as the coherence refines toward resonance, as when i can 'still the mind', too.. i find it most experiencable during Wuji, and i'm beginning to develop it during standing-post, also.. hopeful that it will become more apparent in my Taiji, too..

Be well..

Sounds very akin to what I experience. I came to the realisation today that I can re-ignite the sensation by relaxing the tract/muscles at the very back of my mouth; the passage leading up into the back of the nasal. It is this that releases the fountain of cooling, healing loveliness :) Mind you, this is not to say that the girdle muscles weren't involved as these have been releasing a lot of tension of late... to the point where I realise that I still don't know how to breathe properly!

This has made me think that the spring in my head is perhaps the culmination of simply clearing the energy channels in the spine and learning how to breathe, or pump, the energy upwards.

I would stress this a little more. It can become quite unproductive if you get caught up in the sensations. It can be a trap and if you fall through it, you may need many years to untangle yourself and return to the original state.

To the OP - This could (but doesn't have to ) become a difficult period for you, requiring a cool head ;)

Well said. Dwelling on these things to an unnecessary degree can lead to great distractions along one's path. However, if this does happen then it is simply a lesson they need to comprehend before being able to move on. Ignorance of sensations is just as dangerous and leads one to a similar lesson.

Anyway, this energy is giving me a cool head :D

James is cool, he knows how to handle stuff.:)

As above :lol:

Much love to you all,

James

My experience in seperating different sensations of chi from each other is very limited but when I have felt earth chi from doing standing or from working with the spleen it has felt very earthy for me whereas some kideny work has set of very watery flowing chi. The two feel entirely different to me and I can`t really see the watery in the earth chi. I would say that sometimes the earthy chi has felt kind of like moist earth but as opsed to the watery chi it is most definitively dry in my experience.

Yeah i agree, it's right. Kidney qi feels like the qi from the earth but not as dense. Earth element qi feels dryer and higher frequency. It's lighter and less dense. It's the earth watery qi from the earth that will make you feel more grounded. It is the most dense.

It's best to concentrate on your practice and not this sensation - curious but unattached is the most productive attitude to follow

Depending on what you want to do. If you want healing you can work on using and increasing the sensations and your qi. If you want enlightenment or the 'no thinking' then don't attatch to it. Depending on what you practice will increase your abilities in that direction.

This watery earth qi is directly related to your body so it will help your body heal the most.

Edited by z00se

KAP is very clear that it's objective is to develop the energetic body to a point where the kundalini awakenings and then go about ensuring it's permanent residence within. Your teacher, Max I assume, says that such a flow appearing in the head is a good sign. Pardon my ignorance, but a good sign of what? This is what I sought in my previous post and I apologise for not being clear enough. Perhaps more specifically, what is the objective of Kunlun?

James - the objective of Kunlun is the attainment of the 'Golden Dragon Body' - similar to the Rainbow Body.

Just as KAP taps the inherent power coiled at the base of your spine, Kunlun taps the inherent power at the top of your head. It's a cool energy that flows downwards, before rising back up - a la KAP.

We also make use of the power of the 'valley' in between the lobes of the brain.

"The fire in the centre of the triangle burns cold

and destroys all that is not pure gold."

Anyway, this energy is giving me a cool head :D

heheeee... that's why I phrased it the way I did :)

Good to know that you've got it under control, my stark reaction was really intended for anyone who may read the conversation and not have the experience to deal with it.