Ya Mu

Stillness-Movement Qigong & Qi Projection

Yes amazing :)

So what was occurring inside this man to make him move like that? It says vibrational energy was raised but does anyone have a more indepth description?

Impressive.

thank you for sharing this video! very impressive. i would love to experience something like that.

and would also love to attend one of your workshops this year :)

Yes amazing :)

So what was occurring inside this man to make him move like that? It says vibrational energy was raised but does anyone have a more indepth description?

Impressive.

The qi was moving him. What was occurring? I tried to somewhat explain that in the referenced blogpost but will try for better clarity here.

Many things are happening at once. A teacher of this method projects qi to the student to raise their energy body vibrational rate. During this process some of the things happening are 1) Opening and balancing of the channels 2) Opening and balancing of the energy centers 3)Removing energy stagnations 4) Creation of Dan Tian (Lighting the Fire) 5) Connecting student to Higher Level Vibrations so that they can go home and practice Stillness-Movement and still be attuned to these vibrations. This raises awareness and tunes the student to be able to tap into powerful healing energies for both self-healing and to help others 6) Starts students on the path of Listening, which is the process leading to what I call Walking in the Wu Wei.

Beyond that, what is happening on the quantum levels is impossible to put into words as a linear explanation fails every single attempt of expression. Suffice it to say that most students leave with realization of multi-dimensionality. For some this dimensional awareness happens in one workshop. For others it may take several sessions, and for others still it may only require going home and practicing Stillness-Movement for this to occur.

Everyone's level of sensitivity to qi differs. Most move with the projected qi during the first workshop. Some take more than one to start moving. It also has to do with how full a cup the student brings; empty works far better and full keeps the student rigid.

• Like 1

Very inspiring. Feel kidney kidney chi tonification while watching. Any reason you stand behind the student during chi projection? The reason I ask is because I had a teacher that was very big on this. He felt that people project the majority of their stuff forward, so you could more easily change patterns from behind versus in front of, or from the side. But, of course, chi is non-linear, so I don't know if this makes a difference. Any thoughts?

Looks to me that Michael is using Ming Men (small of back) and Bai Hui (top of head). I had a Taiji teacher who did the same to me but with different points. In fact, one of the most profound things I've had happen to me was from this Taiji teacher. During the Qigong portion of the class this teacher came behind me and for the matter of 1 to 2 seconds put his hands on my shoulders. Didn't think anything about it but as the class progressed my feet, and less so my groin, began to itch. By the end of the class I could hardly stand it. After class I came home and took off my shoes to see my feet were sunburnt red on Top AND Bottom of each foot. This taiji master used his (or universal) Qi to open me up. This effect lasted about 3 weeks before dissipating completely.

So, this is not uncommon among achieved masters.

Personally I've never had a problem feeling and reacting to the Qi. My problem is keeping it going after the event.

My question to Michael would be, How much time in practice per day is needed to keep up the level that was felt in the seminar?

Thank you,

Bill

Edited by Baguakid

Very inspiring. Feel kidney kidney chi tonification while watching. Any reason you stand behind the student during chi projection? The reason I ask is because I had a teacher that was very big on this. He felt that people project the majority of their stuff forward, so you could more easily change patterns from behind versus in front of, or from the side. But, of course, chi is non-linear, so I don't know if this makes a difference. Any thoughts?

I project front and back, top and bottom, and (no direction that can be described - dimensionally). What you may have missed in the video at one point I was working on heart through the front. And yes, you are correct about the non-linearity; I could have stood several feet away turned in the opposite direction and done the same thing - wouldn't have looked good on camera :lol: :lol: :lol:

/quote

Looks to me that Michael is using Ming Men (small of back) and Bai Hui (top of head). I had a Taiji teacher who did the same to me but with different points. In fact, one of the most profound things I've had happen to me was from this Taiji teacher. During the Qigong portion of the class this teacher came behind me and for the matter of 1 to 2 seconds put his hands on my shoulders. Didn't think anything about it but as the class progressed my feet, and less so my groin, began to itch. By the end of the class I could hardly stand it. After class I came home and took off my shoes to see my feet were sunburnt red on Top AND Bottom of each foot. This taiji master used his (or universal) Qi to open me up. This effect lasted about 3 weeks before dissipating completely.

So, this is not uncommon among achieved masters.

Personally I've never had a problem feeling and reacting to the Qi. My problem is keeping it going after the event.

My question to Michael would be, How much time in practice per day is needed to keep up the level that was felt in the seminar?

Thank you,

Bill

Yes I did use Ming Men and Bai Hui and use these centers quite often. Most everyone that comes in has depletion/imbalance at meng men. But during the video there was not a single energy center and gate that was not addressed.

Your question can be a loaded one. What I have seen is this: If a student goes home and immediately practices the Stillness-Movement a minimum of an hour a day they do not lose the qi feeling. If they are healers this minimum bumps up to 3 hours a day. If they really want to progress to the maximum and become teachers then 5 hours a day minimum plus eventually learn to hold the qi 24 hrs a day. All that said, it really never is the same as in the workshops until the student reaches a very high level. I project qi the whole workshop and work on every student individually just like the one in the video. So I project qi for 3 days straight. After this workshop I saw patients the next day and was not depleted. But I practice 24 hrs a day.

The cool thing is that a student can attend a workshop, go home and practice, then attend another workshop and receive an amazing "bump up" in level.

I don't know why you are losing the effect after receiving the qi. Stress, type of practice, health, lack of sleep, etc. all can have negative contributions. But possibly you are not really losing the effect but the "new level" is the new normal.

Edited by Ya Mu

Thankyou very much Ya Mu that was exactly what i was asking for :) sorry i didnt realise it was you in the video.

Was the young man you were teaching an Australian or New Zealander? - i ask because i am from that neck of the woods :)

Once again thankyou very much for posting your video & taking time to explain some things for me.

Thankyou very much Ya Mu that was exactly what i was asking for :) sorry i didnt realise it was you in the video.

Was the young man you were teaching an Australian or New Zealander? - i ask because i am from that neck of the woods :)

Once again thankyou very much for posting your video & taking time to explain some things for me.

I can't give out any info about him. I will say he was an outstanding person and will do really well with Stillness-Movement. He will be doing strong qi healing within 3-6 months. I am extremely lucky in that the folks who are usually attracted to my workshops are some of the nicest and intelligent folks one could meet.

That was a joy to watch Michael. Waves and waves of qi. I wondered what kind of stuff you were doing when you had students practicing.

Edited by Creation

That was a joy to watch Michael. Waves and waves of qi. I wondered what kind of stuff you were doing when you had students practicing.

Yes, qi was bouncing off the walls :lol:

What goes on behind the scenes is what most students don't see.

Everyone moves differently but there are some common "spiral" movements among practitioners of Stillness-Movement. I have actually had several hundred move initially in the manner this student moved - as did I when I first met Master Wang. I still occasionally move in this manner. Did you notice the multiple sine waves and harmonics, then the dampening?

I'm very pleased to see some authentic spontaneous movement resulting from qi emission.

It's similar to how I move... although I shake and bounce a lot too :D

I have a question:

A lot of the people teaching spontaneous movement based practices have you distract the conscious mind by having it focus on music or a mantra or have it quietened in a meditative way... How do you have your students get the mind out of the way? (and I would much rather find out at your workshop, but I live on a different continent :))

I'm very pleased to see some authentic spontaneous movement resulting from qi emission.

It's similar to how I move... although I shake and bounce a lot too :D

I have a question:

A lot of the people teaching spontaneous movement based practices have you distract the conscious mind by having it focus on music or a mantra or have it quietened in a meditative way... How do you have your students get the mind out of the way? (and I would much rather find out at your workshop, but I live on a different continent :))

Although for some people it is easy to still the mind, and I am always totally amazed at those people, for most it is the tough part. I tell students to not think, and, if they are having problems (most do), to just be a 3rd party observer. Recognize a thought for what it is but don't indulge in it. Of course this is easier said than done. But the more a person practices it the more it can happen.

But the real key, in the method I am teaching, is that teachers of this method must be able to stop the world. Once we are able to do this we work on being able to project this along the qi wave. Think communications theory, modulation, and carrier waves. We then are able, for a brief period of time, to stop the world for others. So I do this for each student repeatedly until they are able to still the mind and eventually stop the world. One could make this all mystical sounding and would probably be quite accurate, for it is mystical and magical. Or one could look at it simply as being able to dampen the students brain waves - an accurate but not as fun way of looking at it. :lol:

This process can be done in one class but usually takes multiple exposures.

in the method I am teaching, is that teachers of this method must be able to stop the world.

Thank you Michael :)

My teacher called this 'cutting off the head'... He illustrated the point rather graphically, saying "when a chicken has its head cut off, notice how it moves around so wildly" (he almost managed to keep a straight face saying that! :lol:)

I've seen another teacher put people to sleep with his qi, before waking them slowly and stimulating the spontaneous movements.

When I practice at home I often have music on, although sometimes I prefer to attempt to be the 'observer'.

I wonder - have you come across any other systems that have spontaneous movement as one of its main forms of practice?

I remember saying to my Sifu during spontaneous "pull my head off please" and he did. :lol:

Keeping the neck loose, where it joins the skull.

I feel that keeping the throat and heart soft help with receiving and centering to a place of trust where one can allow the world to stop.

Being open to fun, love, music/dancing - ie having an open and glad heart are just as important for spontaneous as stilling the mind.. I think the heart is the leader.

stop the world

no offense, these are really big words... are u sure u can back them up with something? it's very common for practicioners to put the equal(=) sign between their lesser achievements and living concepts that are very far from their reach. it's an honest question, if you can stop the world at will, you would be the very first man that i 'met' who (says he) can do this... which would be quite an accomplishment... worth crossing the atlantic for attending a workshop, i might add...

btw, are you sure it's even compatible with daoism? is the warrior path compatible with the peacefulness of the inner alchemist? this is not taunting, but real interest, because of my simmilar strife to link the warrior path and the inner alchemy path... until now, they don't seem to mix up...

thanks

L1

Thank you Michael :)

My teacher called this 'cutting off the head'... He illustrated the point rather graphically, saying "when a chicken has its head cut off, notice how it moves around so wildly" (he almost managed to keep a straight face saying that! :lol:)

I've seen another teacher put people to sleep with his qi, before waking them slowly and stimulating the spontaneous movements.

When I practice at home I often have music on, although sometimes I prefer to attempt to be the 'observer'.

I wonder - have you come across any other systems that have spontaneous movement as one of its main forms of practice?

You know, it seems to me that these type of practices, at least the real varieties, are few and far between. I remember the very first NQA conference I taught at. Here you had practitioners of just about every variety of qigong that exists, but the majority of folks had a difficult time letting or allowing; most want to do. In other words, the systems than the majority practiced were mostly based on 1) Jumping up and down purposefully shaking the body 2) purposefully moving the body 3) purposefully using breath control and 4) brain/mind based visualization.

I have found that being can be far more powerful. Allowing can be the peak performance. Non-interaction with brain/mind can allow (full not partial) interaction with that which can't be named but can only be talked around and never fully described. In other words I have found this method to be far more powerful. And of course if I say this it will quickly be pointed out to me that I teach a movement system. But the movement system I teach is derived from the advanced practices of the Stillness-Movement. A lot of systems can work in that it all comes down to fully awakening to who we really are. But there is the matter of efficiency.

I remember saying to my Sifu during spontaneous "pull my head off please" and he did. :lol:

Keeping the neck loose, where it joins the skull.

I feel that keeping the throat and heart soft help with receiving and centering to a place of trust where one can allow the world to stop.

Being open to fun, love, music/dancing - ie having an open and glad heart are just as important for spontaneous as stilling the mind.. I think the heart is the leader.

I agree that the Heart is a key. Re-watch the video and you will see that I worked extensively on Heart. Some of that you can't actually see (as in looking) because the camera was not showing the final piece of that but if you watch again I think (you, probably not everyone) can SEE this. Of course, this particular student DID attend with a completely open, empty cup perspective, which helped the whole process immensely. I ALWAYS work with Heart extensively.

no offense, these are really big words... are u sure u can back them up with something? it's very common for practicioners to put the equal(=) sign between their lesser achievements and living concepts that are very far from their reach. it's an honest question, if you can stop the world at will, you would be the very first man that i 'met' who (says he) can do this... which would be quite an accomplishment... worth crossing the atlantic for attending a workshop, i might add...

btw, are you sure it's even compatible with daoism? is the warrior path compatible with the peacefulness of the inner alchemist? this is not taunting, but real interest, because of my simmilar strife to link the warrior path and the inner alchemy path... until now, they don't seem to mix up...

thanks

L1

I never say anything I can't back up.

It could boil down to definitions. For example what the other two above were saying about "cutting off the head" sounds like the same thing and I think it is the same thing, but I can't say for sure, because it certainly is possible it isn't. So if your definition does not coincide with mine you will be disappointed. If your definition does coincide then you would be ecstatic. All I can say is that most can feel when I do this. It leads to dampening of brain waves and a sense of timelessness & dimensionality for the students; for them everything all of a sudden gets stiller than still. I did say sometimes this process takes multiple workshops.

Reconcile path? Difficult, eh? I agree.

Of course I, as many folks who were seekers and practitioners when Castaneda wrote his books, were heavily influenced by his words and descriptions. But I had already started having dreamtime experiences and eventually, even though a lot of the pathway described coincided with my own, I came to different conclusions about the finality of existence. If you have read my book I am sure you will recognize this difference of conclusions. I am not sure that Castaneda did not take great literary license. I sure am grateful that he stimulated so many people to seek beyond the mundane.

I have had the same problem as you in that one path says one thing and another path says another. I think it boils down to personal experience and our interpretations of that experience. A lot of my Taoist training is oh-so-different than what most describe on this forum. I do feel that we have to practice the warrior's path, as anything else is not being true to ourselves. I also think that quite a lot of what is written about Taoism is not the real Taoism. It appears there is a vast difference in the scholarly versus the hand-me-down oral tradition. All that said, I also think that these paths eventually blend into one. I know that for me my Taoist training, shaman/medicine man training, and yes, even the intense stimulation from reading, studying and practicing from Castaneda's works, all combine into one whole.

Little1, If you ever wish to attend one of my workshops you can do so, I would be glad to see you. Then afterwards decide for yourself if you wish to pay my fee.

I don't have all the answers, but I firmly believe that the real YOU does have the answers needed NOW.

thanks Ya Mu, there is a saying, mountain can meet another mountain, all the more so man can meet another man... who knows what the future holds, if the waves of life will drift me towards the good ol' u.s. of a, i'll be sure to at least pay a visit and see you do it.

to my understanding, following a warrrior path is indeed a must, because energy works means alot more than meditation. it's the way we live and behave in this world, with the totality of our expression...

it seems we are nothing more than a large mass of seekers, the real meaning of our existance is the overall raise of human consciousness, and not any individual achievements in particular... it's a happy sad feeling, we are so close and yet so far from the path. it hurts to know it, but it would hurt alot more not to... i am at peace with this thought, and i'll continue to do what a taiji master once said: work hard, work well, and wait for your allotment/turn...

btw nice demo, not sure i'd like to try that thou' :)

to my understanding, following a warrior path is indeed a must, because energy works means alot more than meditation. it's the way we live and behave in this world, with the totality of our expression...

100% agreed; thanks for posting that!

Did you notice the multiple sine waves and harmonics, then the dampening?

Can't say that I did :lol:

Michael teaches how to do stillness movement while walking. I have found that the rhythm of my legs moving can has the same effect as music or a mantra. Not as much potential for spontaneous movement, but that is secondary anyway.

That was very interesting to watch. Does that happen like that to everyone? I've never been a workshop person myself, I wonder just how much this helps a student and if this is similar to 'shaktipat'. I have a serious question regarding the type of energy this is. There are many energies and 'vibrations'. So question to Ya Mu, what type of energy is this? Once the 'fire' has been ignited in the student, I would imagine the law of attraction takes effect and attracts more of the same (with practice).

I would also like to pose this (similar) question to Vajrasattva and perhaps April and ShaktiMamma or anyone with a fully risen Kundalini that can 'see'. Is this Kundalini Shakti? looking at the the movements and energy it seems to be very much waves and spirals. In your experienced opinions, would you say this student has and awakened Kundalini?

It might be that not just Kundalini causes spontaneous movements or kriyas. I have read some of the Kunlun crowd talking about how that energy is not Kundalini. How true that is I'm not sure. That's why in this instance it would be excellent as we have a video example. So someone (not just Ya Mu) who has experience with different energies and might be able to actually 'see' auras etc. What do you 'see'

Thanks for sharing this Ya Mu.

That was very interesting to watch. Does that happen like that to everyone? I've never been a workshop person myself, I wonder just how much this helps a student and if this is similar to 'shaktipat'. I have a serious question regarding the type of energy this is. There are many energies and 'vibrations'. So question to Ya Mu, what type of energy is this? Once the 'fire' has been ignited in the student, I would imagine the law of attraction takes effect and attracts more of the same (with practice).

I would also like to pose this (similar) question to Vajrasattva and perhaps April and ShaktiMamma or anyone with a fully risen Kundalini that can 'see'. Is this Kundalini Shakti? looking at the the movements and energy it seems to be very much waves and spirals. In your experienced opinions, would you say this student has and awakened Kundalini?

It might be that not just Kundalini causes spontaneous movements or kriyas. I have read some of the Kunlun crowd talking about how that energy is not Kundalini. How true that is I'm not sure. That's why in this instance it would be excellent as we have a video example. So someone (not just Ya Mu) who has experience with different energies and might be able to actually 'see' auras etc. What do you 'see'

Nice video. My auric vision is not good. Santi is much better. I have more of an internal, medical intuitive vision.

Energy moves in spirals, Biff. One only need to look at nature to see this, from the arms of the galactic spirals, to tornadoes to whirlpools. This accounts for the snake like movements associated with kundalini flow. The snake like movement is a representation of a perspective that is looking on a 2D plane. Kundalini/chi actually moves in a three d plane that is a spiral but sometimes the body just moves from side to side. It is easier to see the movement in 3d plane when the practitioner is sitting which allows the spine to rotate on the pelvis as an axis.

Think of looking down into a coil or slinky. The spine/central channel is the axis around which the energy moves. If we think of a human being as a nexus point between heaven and earth...energy flows from earth to heaven and back again in a spiral form along different lines which look linear.

In a mature practitioner there is an awareness of the multiple lines of energy that move in and out of the body using the central channel as axis. Think of a sphere that is a representation of a set of all points. Energy spirals out into space creating the sphere. The dimensions of the sphere are infinite. One might call our wei chi fields or auric fields such an ever expanding sphere. Those who have mature development can feel and play out the "surface" of the ever expanding sphere. All people have this infinite nature but few bother to learn and cultivate this awareness or learn how to use this in service. I have attached a pdf that is a "greatest hits" compilation of discussions on k development from me, El Collie, Dr. Glenn Morris, Sifu Dan Ferrara, Santiago and some of my senior students that have been collected over the last 10 or so years. Since most of us are empirical researchers on Kundalini and have full kundalini development you will find that there will be contradictions with established written literature on k development which are often written by people who don't have awakened kundalini. The established literature usually does not recognize the cross cultural universal nature of kundalini found in all major spiritual traditions. Classical lit tends to be hindu centric and non-inclusive of other appearances of k in human beings in other continents. All human beings have the potential for k development.

note at about 1:17 where you start seeing a macroversion of energy movement . This is a good vid that shows what K development is like.

These types of spontaneous movements from chi are not unusual nor is it unusual to see them come from the touch of a master.

Kundalini and chi are both energy but they are not the same thing. What differentiates the two generally is the chi can be moved by the mind but kundalini can not. Chi has a natural or nature wisdom about it's flow. Kundalini is often referenced as a Divine Wisdom that will countermand the directions of the human mind.

It is really not fruitful to map kundalini development and chi development over one another. One can make comparisons but cultural difference prevents exact mapping. The closest we have to it is the Greater Kan and Li of Nei Shen Gung Fu. One can also use the 5 tibetans or the golden flower meditations as a comparison.

A caveat: We are talking about subtle energies here. A student must be fairly open and relaxed to feel such movement and transmission regardless of who is the transmitter. People who are resistant to feeling energy flow or discounting the presence of chi or kundalini are the least influenced by these kinds of transmissions. Ironically, they are also the loudest in protestations of SHOW ME! demanding proof and are very smug in declaring, "I didn't feel anything!" The tragedy is their energy body has become desensitized over the years and must be retrained. But the iron grip of their mind won't let that happen.

This kind of person does best training with a patient master in person, but, alas, they are convinced the world must be demonstrated to them on their own term and never seek out such specialized training.

Speaking from my own experiences and training.

Your maya may vary,

Susan

Points to consider on the path.(2).pdf

Yes, qi was bouncing off the walls :lol:

What goes on behind the scenes is what most students don't see.

Everyone moves differently but there are some common "spiral" movements among practitioners of Stillness-Movement. I have actually had several hundred move initially in the manner this student moved - as did I when I first met Master Wang. I still occasionally move in this manner. Did you notice the multiple sine waves and harmonics, then the dampening?

Yes, sinusoid movement and dampening is very common. I also still move in this manner if I relax the microtension I hold in my body to keep the energy flow manageable. If I opened all the stops I would be bouncing all over the place all the time.

I will defer to others about the terms kundalini and shaktipat. These terms are not usually in my vocabulary.

To your question, everyone moves differently although there are common type of movements. Yes, sensitivity to qi does mean quite a lot. After a person has practiced stillness-movement they do become more sensitive. They may move just a little in the first workshop then a whole lot in the 2nd.

I manipulate creative energies of different High Level vibrations; it depends on which task I am attempting to do. In other words, if I am attempting to stop a heart attack it will be different vibrations than "lighting the fire".

With all due respect to all the books and teachings that will attempt to tell you all is known about energetics, the fact is that what we know (linearly, brain wise) is in it's infancy. All attempts to describe it are total runarounds in that they never describe the real thing. When we do a healing (and I use we as in the method I teach) it is a quantum level event that really can not be explained linearly. Nor the projection on the video. It is NOT simple "throw qi at the student" which I have seen done many times and had done to me several times. I guess this sort of thing can help but it is not what I do. Nor do I use the mind or brain in any way in terms of the energy manipulation itself.

You asked how much it helps a student. This is an "awakening" type of energetic intervention. It helps tremendously in that in addition to all the things I have already mentioned in this thread (opens the channels, opens and balances the energy centers, removes energy stagnations) the student's basic awareness shifts through the raising of the energy body's vibration. It makes it much easier for them to touch vibrational patterns that were previously out of reach. In other words, their qigong becomes much more powerful each time they undergo this. This translates to what I am teaching as the student has much better efficacy at healing others.