Aria

What to do About Arthritis?

I have a good friend who is young (25) and has been diagnosed with Rheumatoid arthritis and she decided to not use the medication the doctor prescribed. She is now looking into what other options she can use, I asked her what and she says anything. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions, herbs, meditation etc. I just want others to help us see options we cannot see.

Thank You ^_^

Try doing an arthritis search in the upper right hand corner of the Tao Bums Home page.

Some good ideas, facts, etc..

I can only share my experience which is previously posted.

I wish you and your friend all the Healing love and energy beyond which you can gather.

Peace, Rob

I have a good friend who is young (25) and has been diagnosed with Rheumatoid arthritis and she decided to not use the medication the doctor prescribed. She is now looking into what other options she can use, I asked her what and she says anything. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions, herbs, meditation etc. I just want others to help us see options we cannot see.

Thank You ^_^

Check out diet on google

Thank You ^_^

I used to have really big problems with my arthritic knees starting when I was in my mid-thirties. No doctors could help me and I refuse to take pain medication.

After my last divorce I did a serious search for help and ended up trying different combinations of vitamin and mineral suppliments. It took nearly two years to find a combination that worked for me and to this day I rarely have knee problems.

People sometimes ask me what I did to overcome my arthritis and I tell them that I got divorced.

The thing is, vitamin and mineral suppliments work differently for different people so the combination I used probably wouldn't help anyone else.

The only thing I can suggest is for your friend to do the research and try different cobinations. It is important to select a combination and follow that for at least ninty days. That's the average time it takes for these suppliments to show their effect, if there is any at all. If one doesn't work then try another combination until an effective one is found.

Best Wishes!

Peace & Love!

Thank You ^_^

I developed arthritis when I was 38,so I started doing my chi kung practice and that cleared it up.

If I stop practicing it comes back.

What I was taught involves deep abdominal breathing combined with specific movements.

sabretooth.

Keeping mobile with Tai Chi may help. My Sifu's aunt couldn't walk without a cane before practicing Tai Chi, She has good mobility now.

Thank You ^_^

Exercise. If it's in a specific area ( e.g. wrists ) work out that area. For the wrists, use a hand grip device. I guarantee it'll feel better.

I would think starting qigong would help a lot or solve it. I am sure there are also specific medical qigongs for it. GOOD detox programs also help. I saw a lot of that in India at an Ayurvedic place and it certainly helped my related condition a lot.

Apple cider vinegar is what I would recommend. A cap full in a glass of warm water twice a day for the first fortnight, and once a day thereafter.

Check out various juice recipes too - there are many which aleviate the symptoms of arthritis. Here's one I've just found to hand:

1/4 of a grapefruit

1/4 of a pineapple

1 apple

1 small handful of blackberries

1 inch slice of cucumber

1/2 inch fresh ginger

All credit to Jason Vale for the recipe.

B vitamins and folic acid help to relieve stiffness in the joints. The recipe has a good supply of B vitamins and folic acid. The bromeline in the pineapples and the acids in grapefruits also are of great benefit to certain arthritic conditions.

Prob a good idea to cut down on dairy, oranges, refined sugars and excessive alcohol & meat consumption.

Another book by Sarah Merson recommends the following herbs/foods:

anise

apple

artichoke

asparagus

black cohosh

cabbage

cayenne pepper

chickweed

chilli

cider vinegar(!)

elderflower

fennel

flaxseed

horseradish

liquorice

millet

nutmeg

papaya

pineapple

salmon

st john's wort

strawberry

turmeric

... Hope this helps :)

Love,

James

Thank You ^_^

Area -- There is evidence that cinnamon and ginger taken internally can reduce inflammation and ease arthritis pain in some people. The link isn't strong, and it isn't guaranteed, but it has been shown to help some people.

Also, you see how many people say that Qigong cured or fixed their arthritis pains? It all comes back down to localized blood circulation which can happen in a variety of ways. Qigong, walking, exercise, massage. Exercise (in one of its myriad forms) is probably the single best thing you can do regarding lifestyle changes. Good luck

I believe diet plays a huge role. Making sure to consume enough healthy fatty acids would be beneficial. Mild supplementation would also help; including taking MSM. As for tai-chi and qigong, I truly believe the best exercise for this would be 'swaying hands' (I am sure you can figure it out).

-Matt

Apple cider vinegar is what I would recommend. A cap full in a glass of warm water twice a day for the first fortnight, and once a day thereafter.

Love,

James

cider vinegar is good - it is a cleansing solvent for many...

You might like this website for dietary goodies: http://www.rawfoods.com/

Another that I have discovered lately is Tumeric http://www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis/20-health-benefits-of-turmeric.html

Edited by ~jK~