Martial Development

How to find a good qigong teacher

First, a note from our sponsor... ;)

DojoScore.com is a new online directory for students and teachers of qigong, yoga, and martial arts. Instructors can list and promote their schools for free. Students can search for schools in their area, and publish reviews of their favorite instructors, also for free. So try it now--did we mention it's free?

On to the discussion...

What are your favorite methods and criteria for researching local teachers? What steps, if any, did you take before signing up with your current teacher?

What are your favorite methods and criteria for researching local teachers?

I look at the older long term students and see if that's what I want to be like :)

Too bad this forum doesn't allow polls. I wonder how many people here are actually studying, with or without a teacher, and how many are just...uh, not.

?

You can put a poll if a topic if you want, edit: actually you are right, I'll have a look for the toggle..... found it but looks like I'll need Sean to switch them back on I've send him a message.

First and foremost deep understanding of internal energy mechanics and secondly applying it to the student's particular requirements; thirdly, virtue, mind, character, thoughts and behaviour following Taoist/Buddhist/other ideals.

Edited by durkhrod chogori