JustARandomPanda

Mixing the 5 Elements in the Dantien

I'm curious if this is possible and if so what benefits (or pitfalls) it may bring? Is it like mixing colors in paint - ex: red + blue = purple. So mixing earth plus fire gives rise to what effect if any? What happens to elements left unused?

If they're not mixed in the Dantien is it possible to mix then elsewhere for beneficial effects?

I ask because a while ago I had a strange dream. A person in it said when I've learned how to do these things (mix the elements to different effect) I'll have understood Kan and Li.

This is Kan and Li:

Kan_Li_3.jpg

And if you add the White Tiger on your left and the Green Dragon on your right and then you make them copulate you have all the elements mixed :)

This is Kan and Li:

Kan_Li_3.jpg

And if you add the White Tiger on your left and the Green Dragon on your right and then you make them copulate you have all the elements mixed :)

Then what is the result of this? original chi?

Then what is the result of this? original chi?

The result should be elixir - i.e. pictorially speaking it becomes the matter which springs from the fountain of youth / life - i.e. pure energy to help rejuvenate and energize you. Recharging the power for your dantian battery, if you like. I hope that helps - if not, please let me know.

Best regards,

-matt

Hello

I have just started this practise according to the way Yudelove teaches it

in the book "taoist yoga and sexual energy".

I realy like it. And yes it is the start of the fusion of the five elemets, at least it it the start in the way Yudelove teaches it.

I realy like this practise. Feel a tremendous peace after doing it, well at least some peace. I have just been practising it for about two weaks.

The practise is about this.

Inner smile all three paths

Create a pakua around the tan tien

Take one organ at a time and do the six healing sound, make the color of

the organ flow through and around the organ, move the energy to the organs specifik

collection point.

After you have done all five organs

Rotate the yin/yang in the pakua and have the most of your focus there and take into

the yin/yang energies from four of the organs, and mix them toghether so that they are ballancing eachother.

Green is warm and moist

white is cool and dry

black or blue is cold

red is warm

Take in as much from each of them from theire colection point and rotate and

mix the qualities together and are trying to feel which one you need more of to ballance the energy. So if the energy is to warm you mix in a bit black and so on.

After awhile the energy seems to be soft and either hot or cold or moist or dry. This is the time in which you rotate in the energy from the front and the back pakua and then from the left and the rigth and at last from the upper and lower pakua, every time you feel the midle of your tan-tien and in the end you create the pearl there.

Which you later takes out to the navel and rotate in the makro or micro cosmic orbit. and at last you take it in from the ming men point in the back and put it in the tan tien again.

rotate energy around the navel and collect it in the tan tien.

Something like that, and so far I realy like it. Good to if it creates some extra

medicin energy in the tan tien.

Fire Dragon

PS another comment on this in the yudeloves teaching thread from todays practise.

No I write it amidiately instead.

Today on my way home from work, which takes 2 hours by bus and train. I did feel unusually much bad energy in the lungs. It was like the enegies there were hurting the lungs a bit. They were sticky so to say and there were surtain areas that realy was clegged or sticky. The advice from Yudelove is to do the six healing sound at least three times for each sound. This time I had to continue for perhaps 20 sounds and was burping alot, but had to hinder it to beacase I sat on the but, with alot of people around me.

I had done the six healing sound many times but it is wery unusual to feel such a bad energys in any organ. Well I feel bad energis in the organs but I think wery seldom this much. I wounder if the new practise might have started some kind of reaction. Perhaps I am on my way to be intuned with some actual problems that had been there for along time but I never before had notices it so much as I did today?

Fire Dragon

In the Dzogchen lineage, there is a practice of purification that deals with the 5 elements. Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche teaches it and its part of all the thuns (sequences of practices). The purification is done using visualization in the heart and combined with specific mantras.

• Like 1

I realy like it. And yes it is the start of the fusion of the five elemets, at least it it the start in the way Yudelove teaches it.

I realy like this practise. Feel a tremendous peace after doing it, well at least some peace. I have just been practising it for about two weaks.

the organ flow through and around the organ, move the energy to the organs specifik

collection point.

Rotate the yin/yang in the pakua and have the most of your focus there and take into

the yin/yang energies from four of the organs, and mix them toghether so that they are ballancing eachother.

Green is warm and moist

white is cool and dry

black or blue is cold

red is warm

mix the qualities together and are trying to feel which one you need more of to ballance the energy. So if the energy is to warm you mix in a bit black and so on.

After awhile the energy seems to be soft and either hot or cold or moist or dry. This is the time in which you rotate in the energy from the front and the back pakua and then from the left and the rigth and at last from the upper and lower pakua, every time you feel the midle of your tan-tien and in the end you create the pearl there.

Which you later takes out to the navel and rotate in the makro or micro cosmic orbit. and at last you take it in from the ming men point in the back and put it in the tan tien again.

Rather complicated, but interesting...thanks. :)

Rather complicated, but interesting...thanks. :)

Hello Vortex:

Yes rather complicated but anyway quite easy to do. My explanation is a rather shortened description, the full version is in Yudeloves book, just to say don't practise from my explanation, there is not all nessecarily details in it. It was just a short description. But perhaps everybody understunds that :lol:

Fire Dragon

All physical energy is acquired how can that lead to the elixir forming? The elixir is not physical but spiritual. The wisdom of the ancients speak in the symbolic language of a forgotten time in the art of the reversal process hence such things like the five elements arise as tools. They do not mean that you should physically visualize or manipulate the internal organs which does nothing but bring about harm to the organism, which is of course not the way of the Tao. Returning back to a clean pristine mind of spotless awareness, you know like that of a infant is only achieved through alchemizing the components of the mind(awareness), that which is of the soul. The body is only good for one thing when it is kept healthy, clean, strong and maintained and that is to strengthen the cocoon for the internal alchemized process of the mind and soul to begin, which becomes a like a seal, the mind seal. Once the body and mind is sealed then that is where the real process takes place and the human soul and that of the universal spirit plays on the rays and mist of the Tao. This all starts in galvanizing awareness in your daily life.

Reaching death in life while still living. Freely to move in and out of the skin bag the soul is enlighten the immortal spirit has leaped out. It does not need a body of cells at all to be immortal. Being immortal is not in the body nor in the self, that is mortal. Even if you had the technology to alter your ageing switch in your genes you are still not immortal. Sure you may live for a thousand years but chop off your head and just like a flash immortality is gone because your body is now dead. And with our soul not awakened you just go back into the karmic wheel of life and death and likely to have no awareness of its happenings and finally reanimated in the lesser Tao. We have all been through it, death, reincarnation, life, evolution.

It is sadly funny to see the humans misinterpret the symbolic mystic language of the Taoist teachings. Thinking they can mentally draw the energies of the heart and genitals up and down to mix with each other, joining with the liver and lungs left to right to only cause harm and damage to the organism. The energies of the internal organs are physical and whatever is physical is acquired, so what becomes therefore also decays. How can this crystallize the indestructible jewel of life and lead into immortality?

It is sadly funny to see the humans misinterpret the symbolic mystic language of the Taoist teachings. Thinking they can mentally draw the energies of the heart and genitals up and down to mix with each other, joining with the liver and lungs left to right to only cause harm and damage to the organism. The energies of the internal organs are physical and whatever is physical is acquired, so what becomes therefore also decays. How can this crystallize the indestructible jewel of life and lead into immortality?

Are you not human?

Hello

collection point.

Green is warm and moist

white is cool and dry

black or blue is cold

red is warm

Something like that, and so far I realy like it. Good to if it creates some extra

medicin energy in the tan tien.

Fire Dragon

PS another comment on this in the yudeloves teaching thread from todays practise.

No I write it amidiately instead.

Today on my way home from work, which takes 2 hours by bus and train. I did feel unusually much bad energy in the lungs. It was like the enegies there were hurting the lungs a bit. They were sticky so to say and there were surtain areas that realy was clegged or sticky. The advice from Yudelove is to do the six healing sound at least three times for each sound. This time I had to continue for perhaps 20 sounds and was burping alot, but had to hinder it to beacase I sat on the but, with alot of people around me.

I had done the six healing sound many times but it is wery unusual to feel such a bad energys in any organ. Well I feel bad energis in the organs but I think wery seldom this much. I wounder if the new practise might have started some kind of reaction. Perhaps I am on my way to be intuned with some actual problems that had been there for along time but I never before had notices it so much as I did today?

Fire Dragon

What is happening here is that you are interrupting the natural functioning of your internal organs chi with your conscious mind and this is every dangerous indeed. When you start taking away the job of the subconscious mind without the correct communication and understanding you automatically begin to forge and over ride its chi this is not what you want. All things can start going wrong with sure things like blood flow reversal and etc. What you need is to become more aware of the natural process that already exist naturally functioning with in the organism, so one can become a guide and maintain a healthy chi level which is a natural state. See your body being of the Tao has and can already do all such things like microcosmic orbit, tantien breathing and so forth and etc. All are programmed in the organism already and lay dormant. It all comes down to the level of communication that you establish in your practise between your sub and conscious aspects of mind as you expand your awareness in chi. The reason you lose contact with this information is due to a number of things but mainly consciousness knowledge grows apart from real knowledge as you grow from a infant to a adult. Look one will stop here for now.

Are you not human?

I am what I am and so I am. Whether human or not makes no difference to the Tao.

Edited by Z3N

Z3N, Do you practise alchemy at all? Would you share your method?

thanks.:)

What I share is my awareness in the experience, a mere lump of cellular matter and so untouchable to the organism.

What I share is my awareness in the experience, a mere lump of cellular matter and so untouchable to the organism.

That's great, probably. :)

Do you practise alchemy?

Do you practise alchemy?

I'm lost ... what do you mean? You are a lump of cellular matter? You may or may not be human? Could you fill in the gaps please.

Do you practise alchemy?

Yes

I'm lost ... what do you mean? You are a lump of cellular matter? You may or may not be human? Could you fill in the gaps please.

I mean that I share what one has realised in experience in the relation to the Tao not what you find straight out a book but a forged experience and truth. And yes a lump of cellular matter is just what I call it in short, to the function of soul experience merging into the physical as it relays between the guest and the host nature of the universal Tao.

According to the Quanzhen classic "The Book of Balance and Harmony" things like Kan and Li, the five forces, mysterious pass, and elixir have different meanings based on what "vehicle" you are practicing.

http://books.google.com/books?id=vGFs3yIMCFoC&pg=PA382

It seems to me that Z3N is talking about the Higher or Highest Vehicle and SereneBlue's question is more on the level of the Lower or Middle Vehicle.

Regarding this topic, I am attending Michael Winn's Fusion 1 workshop this weekend which includes a version of this practice. I plan on writing a report in the thread I created about it.

I'm curious if this is possible and if so what benefits (or pitfalls) it may bring? Is it like mixing colors in paint - ex: red + blue = purple. So mixing earth plus fire gives rise to what effect if any? What happens to elements left unused?

If they're not mixed in the Dantien is it possible to mix then elsewhere for beneficial effects?

I ask because a while ago I had a strange dream. A person in it said when I've learned how to do these things (mix the elements to different effect) I'll have understood Kan and Li.

This is right up my alley. This is what i've been practicing for countless hours, especially the last 2 years intensely in china since i can't talk chinese to anyone and am bored outta my brain half the time.

Yes of course it is possible to mix the 5 elements (i think you already knew).

Benefits, when balanced the different forces in your body are at harmony and you are centred and relaxed. I don't think its quite like mixing paint. i think it's better to feel it more as energies because for colours you have to use more visualization. You can also use your emotions of kindness, gentleness etc to link with the energies can help you connect with the different energies quickly and easily. Colours are there but you don't 'use' the colours, you can 'see' or 'watch' the colours. You can mix the energies any way you like. You can produce and alloy any feelings/energies you can imagine (Your imagination being the limiting factor) to produce other new feelings. What happens to the energy unused? you decide. You can leave some energy still as their orgininal form or You can convert them all into one energy if you want. All the earth metal water and fire into wood energy. Then you can have strong wood kindness energy. You'll feel 'super' kind. Are you balanced? No. You feel kind :) Is that ok? yes it's all ok just don't do it for too long (every day for a month) or you could cause some health problems. You know when you have balanced them all perfectly because your energy will hit a high frequency that can't go higher. Like it is at the peak, no changing of your mixing quantities will increase the energy's quality. Then just boost whatever energy you've got by 100x by mixing in ur sexual energy. Play with this part alot, i think sexual energy is very important.

You can mix the elements anywhere you want in the universe. You can even mix the elements of the universe together without even using your own energies. so in your body or outside or... anywhere. If you mix them in your body the dantien is the best place because it is a safe place for lots of energy and you won't have a problem with too much energy in too small a place. You wouldn't try fit a whole apple down your throat without biting a bit off would you? If you want to have large energy you don't put it in a small place.

Kan & Li is different from 5 elements fusion practice. If you want to understand kan & li do Kan & li if you want to understand the 5 elements work with those. You should do 5 elements first though so you progress and learn. If you go straight to kan and li it's like doing calculus when you dont' know the times tables. 5 elements is more useful too because you can control your emotions with it and feel peace. You can't with kan & li. Kan & li just gives you lots of energy. You need to have good control of the energy so you can do kan & li and after ur good at fusion of 5 elements kan and li will be a piece of cake. It does make you a bit spacey though. I don't even do kan & li much any more. Got bit less time now and plus it's not what i'm after. But kan & li is where uncomprehendable magic happens.

Magic? Well you can start to see things happen before they happen just by listening and believing yourself, believing in your connection to the tao. You become like a radio control car controlled by the heavens. You might not see it before it happens but your dreams will start comming true but without you intending it. In ways you would never have thought. But you don't have any control over it. You realise you really should be careful what you wish for. Better to not wish and let it happen on it's own accord. You can really begin to see the big picture, much bigger than you ever thought before. But like driving a radio control car in a place where you can't see the path infront of it clearly, if your not grounded enough you might trip on that stone thats in your way that the heavens are pointing you to. A bruised knee is not fun is it?

If you concentrate on the earth energy i think it's much better. You can see things happen before they happen too. Just because your are so connected to everything and AWAKE and can see those details leading up to what will happen in the future. You are controlled by you. You can feel the others because the others are you too. You can feel the location of others sickness just by connecting to them and feeling within yourself. You can feel anothers fear exactly as they feel it. You dont' need to see the look on their face, but when you do it just verifies your instinctual feeling.

Then comes what i belive is the final part (not what i've read from books but my own thoughts) balancing the 3 levels so that you have the grounding and benefits of it i spoke about above, the fusion perfect so that you are balanced emotionally all the time and have compassion, and the wisdom comming from above that i spoke about before. Balancing them all so you have the benefits of all of them. Balancing the 3 pure ones (gods of heaven man and earth) so that everything finally becomes one. You might reach the state a few times but being able to live your life continuously in that state.... That is true perfection....

All in all just continue your meditations and practice your own path. I really think mantak chias stuff is excellent if you can get your head around it. Practicing it will give you your own basic understanding then you can just pick your own path. Don't forget to do a little exercise. It can go a long way :)