bindo

Chinese Shamanism

One of the best threads ever opened on this forum...which should be pinned by the mods immediately...and only two replies. This makes me sob and cry. :(

Thank you very much, bindo.

Just checked out Part 10 Face reading.

...Ugh... more homework!

Been in and out of the book "Shamanism and Tantra in the Himalayas" for two years.

Like the other wisdoms that are available, we have barely scratched the surface.

Thanks for sharing

Obrigado from Chicago

post-53655-127343950235_thumb.jpg

Guest paul walter

One of the best threads ever opened on this forum...which should be pinned by the mods immediately...and only two replies. This makes me sob and cry. :(

Thank you very much, bindo.

If we take it in turns to post a comment on it once every two days then it should stay at the top where it belongs. If anyone needs a fast track to clarity and wisdom, listen to this. Fantastic.

Edited by paul walter

Hi everyone! - I've been off line a while - This is a great link to find right away when returning !!!-Many thanks!- Pat

...Like the other wisdoms that are available, we have barely scratched the surface.

I know what you mean, like air drawing to remove ghosts of a place. Technique used by Siberian shamans, which my dear friend knows really well after her staying in that region for almost 5 years.

Kind of like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOhf3OvRXKg&feature=player_embedded#!

But done in the air.

:)

I have planned an extended trip for research and study with shamans in Central Asia, China, Mongolia and Siberia. I am looking forward for this big journey which just lies ahead of me.

If we take it in turns to post a comment on it once every two days then it should stay at the top where it belongs. If anyone needs a fast track to clarity and wisdom, listen to this. Fantastic.

Good idea! I will make sure it is up here all the time.

Edited by durkhrod chogori

I have planned an extended trip for research and study with shamans in Central Asia, China, Mongolia and Siberia. I am looking forward for this big journey which just lies ahead of me.

Wow. That is the trip of a lifetime. You must keep us updated on your adventures.

Wow. That is the trip of a lifetime. You must keep us updated on your adventures.

Yes I know. I will. Thanks.

Guest paul walter

I take it a thing like this is not planned through Thomas Cook and the like ;) . You planning this off your own bat-you got contacts or are you just going to rock up to the areas and explore? Let us know how you're doing this. Thanks Paul.

Completely on my own. I am planning to teach everything I have learnt along the way openly in order to benefit the awakened. It's pointless gathering knowledge and remain silent in a cave the rest of your life.

I am kindly requesting this forum moderation to pin this thread as the knowledge that Joel Signeur is sharing publicly on his website is invaluable. But there is more to that for sure as the written word is incapable of conveying certain things (powers/mystical abilities) that require a direct experience.

I have a question for any I Ching experts, does anyone know the length of each of the Five Elements from the time perspective? We are currently living in the Wood era (controlled by the financial world (overcomed by Metal element) and eroding our planet (overcoming force over Earth element) which generates Fire (excess human activity).

It would be interesting to know if the new era of Fire is approaching which means that:

1. Earth will regenerate itself

2. Money will have less importance as humanity will awaken to spiritual energy

3. Water will control Fire (spirituality)

I have a question for any I Ching experts, does anyone know the length of each of the Five Elements from the time perspective? We are currently living in the Wood era (controlled by the financial world (overcomed by Metal element) and eroding our planet (overcoming force over Earth element) which generates Fire (excess human activity).

It would be interesting to know if the new era of Fire is approaching which means that:

Any of those three would be a welcome miracle.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how much less importance it will have, but by the look of things we're all going to be subject to much less purchasing power per unit - which may in and of itself lead to things other than money increasing in importance.

I finally got a chance to listen to some of the audio today. It is really nice information (unique and inspiring in some aspects), and presented so well.

Also, the guy reminds me a lot of a couple teachers I've had. :)

I was listening to this on a daily basis, but then moved in to a new apartment and only just got the internet yesterday :ninja: so I'm a bit behind and now catching up on lost time!

Guest paul walter

Completely on my own. I am planning to teach everything I have learnt along the way openly in order to benefit the awakened. It's pointless gathering knowledge and remain silent in a cave the rest of your life.

Do you have languages Durk? if not , how will you do this? Paul.

Do you have languages Durk? if not , how will you do this? Paul.

No languages. Plan? No plans, go with the flow and trust yuanfen. ;)

I love adventure and this will be a long break from society's MIND.

So I just finished listening to section six, wood element. So far, things are going great. I am starting to compare stuff he says to stuff that I've experienced in my own life- for the most part it checks out pretty well. Though I don't work in a medical field or take notes on the problems+lifestyle habits of enough people to know about the other conditions he talks about.

However, some stuff he talks about has piqued my interest. For example, in part 6-6 he talks about taste, and he says that nutritional science and stuff just assumes that nutrients get dispersed equally throughout the body, but he says that instead taste is connected to various organs, and that's one of the reasons we have taste buds in the first place- to figure out what nutrients we are getting and where they need to go.

If that's the case, are there any nutritional research being done on things like that? A lot of material he's presenting is really interesting, but he turns around and says, "well that's not modern medicine works." It's like, if there is a much better method out there, then more should be done to get it accepted in the main stream medical science.

And I guess it would go without saying that the people you have to get in on this are researchers or maybe even professors and stuff in the field. A pharmaceutical company obviously has too much invested in their own product to test something that could make them obsolete. But experiments can be set up, results can be gradually shown to more open minded people in the field, and word could seriously get out. As long as the experiments follow basic procedure, are subjected to peer review, and subsequently repeated, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Or maybe this is the wood energy talking ;) but I mean, subjectively the stuff that checks out for me checks out for me (duh :P) but there are lots of people out there who absolutely REFUSE to believe anything that hasn't been "scientifically proven"... so why not help people along by proving it? If it's true, then it should be true, right? (another duh :P) Whether it's in my house, in the house of a traditional medicine healer, or in a lab with people who believe it's all bogus..... right?

Edited by Sloppy Zhang