Guest C Yu C He Taiji

Loa Xie Christopher Lee Matsuo

Guest C Yu C He Taiji

hi,

I own several of his Dvds and really like his teaching style. has anybody else experience with him or his DVDs and the different methods he teaches??

Chrisn

Hi. I go to Honolulu once a year to visit my family. I see him whenever I can. He got madskill and really generous in sharing his knowledges. He is a great healer too. He gave me 3 DVDs but I look at it when I can. I got enough materials to work on but it is a great references and related to what I am doing. But I always learning something new whenever I see him. He answered my questions that was hard for my Sifu to answer due to the language barrier.

He does online teaching if you prefer that. I think it is better than way to the DVDs or an added feedback to what you are learning from the DVDs

He is very funny and down to earth.

Peace,

Q..

Edited by Qlites
  • Like 1

His "style" didnt really resonate with me. In one of his DVD's you can hear his child in the background being really noisy, albeit playfully noisy and not crying I just thought it a bit unprofessional. If you pay $100 for a DVD then I'd like to think that it's going to be his undivided attention. I couldnt watch it all the way through so I cant comment on the material but I can say that I wont ever buy from him again. If I were in Hawaii maybe I'd visit him out of curiousity.

Guest C Yu C He Taiji

I had problems with his style of teaching in the beginning as well, especialy the interuptions from his little daughter (which is quite cute none the less) After some time simply trying to accept his way I started to discover some real jewels among his words.

@ Qlites:

Does he still do the online training? Can you perhaps point me in the direction where to look for that?

Chris

Hi. I got two of his first videos (silk reeling and iron shirt), where it was filmed at his mainland seminars long time ago. It was not great quality video but good enough. I also have his pushing hand video. I like that one alot. Some of his newer video are better quality but he is very playful so you must be relax enough to get his message. To me, his most important message is to chill out and have fun. Take it seriously and practice hard but don't be too hard in your own head. We must learn with a child mind. I found better made instruction video on Netflix and other stores but the materials are not worth my time.

Hey Chris. He still teach online. You can contact him thru his website, which I assume you know. If not, let me know and I will PM you his email address. He will get back to you. Make sure to put online training as your subject. He got facebook acct that you can contact him through there also. He got other videos on his facebook acct that you might like. Some are bubblegum stuffs and other are martial art info.

If you are ever in Hawaii, it is worth it to check him out. He welcome everyone with open arms.

Peace,

Q..

Loa Xie is Chinese word for Old Teacher or Wise Man. Loa = old. Xie = Teacher. It is the title of most Taoist masters like the one that wrote Tao Te Ching and several other Chinese Classic.

I am not sure why he choose it over Sifu. I did not ask him but I guess it is more correct term than Sifu since he got many more students online that he can't guide closely everyday but he share as much as he can with them. I know that he does several seminars in the U.S mainland a year from invitation. They like him so much, he is a regular now.

Most of his student just call him, Chris. He is not big in title with them, just honest respect is good enough for him.

• Like 1

Guest C Yu C He Taiji

Thanks Qlites,

I got his Tibetan Burning Lama Palm, Vibrating Palm, Bagua Internal palm and Kunlun Flying Needles DVDs. Do you now how the online training works? I would reall ylike to train the medical qigong or internal palm training online if that is possible. Should I ever be in Hawaii I will check him out for sure.

how is the Iron Shirt DVD?

Chrisn

Guest C Yu C He Taiji

He says the Burning palm has tibetan roots to it and has to do with being able to focus your mind on difrferent parts and layers of your body in order to affect someone else in different ways. The distinction between the burning palm and the other palm methods he knows and teaches (like thunder & lightning palm, bamboo palm, poison palm...) was not really clear to me, but I would say that the burning palm adds more mental work to the training. It seems that you need a good physical foundation for it and physical training of the ligaments, bones... comes first. He talks more on internal palm development in his Bagua Internal palm dvd.

But what do I know? :lol:

Chrisn

Hi Chris. I asked him that question this Jan 2010. He told me that he videotape his form and put it on youtube or whereever he does it for private view only. He send the invitation to you and then only you or whoever paid for it to view only. Then after you view his video. You can email him question or clarity. Then when you ready or whenever you want to, you can do the same private view process for him to review and do visual feedback.

I am interested in his burning palm myself. He told me that you can learn from the DVD to an extend but you need to see him to finish the learning process under closer supervision.

Peace,

Q..

How many levels does he have in his Burning Palm are they standing or seated meditations, is there any striking proceedures to condition the hands, dit dar medicine and herbal teas and soups to enhance the health and chi in the intrim?

thanks heaps for your reply!

Garry aka Ape

Guest C Yu C He Taiji

I cant tell you how many levels his burning palm has. The method includes standing, seated and moving exercises and seems to be incorporated into their bagua practice together with certain shengong exercises. There is a striking practice, or conditioning practice for the hands and forearms, it uses dit da jow, but as I said I found it hard to distinguish between all the different palm skills. It sounds that at the end you can do the different moving forms or postures for each of the palm skills, because what is causing the development is your mind. He did not emtnion any herbal teas or soups.

Chrisn

Hi Chrisn,

Ok thanks for the breakdown, my Burning Palm is a System of fighting and healing and isnt part of bagua or the like its a complete system on its own. Mine has 18 moving meditations and static postures with breath percentage breathing with its own fighting and healing theories and princples, developing power and conditioning the body.

Very interesting does he have any of his burning palm on youtube? Also I see Max (kuntlun) has it did he teach Lao Tzu (lol)? hehehe sorry had to say it...:

Regards

Ape

Guest C Yu C He Taiji

Yes there are two palm skill vids on youtube, from him and his student. I think in the end it does not matter what particular postures/movements you used to attain the skill, because in the end the mind is the part that moves and creates the effect. I do not know whether this has any relation to your system. The burning palm also has its own sets of fighting and healing applications, but thats just what I gatherd from his dvd.

Chrisn

Loa Xie is Chinese word for Old Teacher or Wise Man. Loa = old. Xie = Teacher. It is the title of most Taoist masters like the one that wrote Tao Te Ching and several other Chinese Classic.

I am not sure why he choose it over Sifu. I did not ask him but I guess it is more correct term than Sifu since he got many more students online that he can't guide closely everyday but he share as much as he can with them. I know that he does several seminars in the U.S mainland a year from invitation. They like him so much, he is a regular now.

Sifu (or shifu in Mandarin) means "Master" in Cantonese.

Laoshi means teacher in Mandarin.

Laoshi has been replacing sifu in common usage because it is more generic and casual...and less honorific and formal. And the general trend all over the world these days is increasing informality.

"Loa xie" must just be a really bad typo. :D

Anyhow, the important thing is what he is actually teaching, not his evidently poor Chinese. :P