Sign in to follow this  
DanC

Swinging Arms

I have been reading various books on Chi Kung and have came accross the Swinging arms chi kung exercise. For the last couple of mornings I did 300 repititions and could not believe how powerful this simple

movement is, my mind was relaxed and I could feel Chi flowing through my entire body and I felt calm, energized and relaxed for the entire day.

Here is a link describing how to perform this movment, give it a go you will be suprized at how effective it is.

This article is written by Kenneth Cohen.

http://www.universal-tao.com/article/feeling.html

Daniel

Ron Diana was fond of this one. He would have us do it for quite a while, & yea, maybe 300 reps is a good start. He would said that you could chase out every frozen pattern in you body with just this form. Another very simple but very powerfull movement.

qi :

Hi Dan,

This practice sounds similar to something I have been shown called the "mouse swing". Having briefly read the article referred to by you, it seems the difference is that when I drop my arms I breath out through my nose in a short, concerted "burst" of air that is powered by compressing my belly. I also focus my attention to my lower tan tien while performing the mouse swings.

Generally I will do this for 4 or 5 minutes and then go straight into holding the tree and some of the sensations I then experience are pretty wonderful.

Sign in to follow this