Sign in to follow this  
Athanor

Qi application

Look at this video.

You can actually make the paper thing and put it on a pin. Try to spin it around.

I worked a while with the paper thing but I couldn't figure out how to fake the spinning what you see in the video. Blowing can't be the answer because it makes the paper staggering, while the one in the video doesn't stagger at all. I once found another video in which someone did the whole thing under a glass, but I can't find it now.

The question is: how can you do it?

I don't mean theoretical answers like "guiding your qi" and such - of course we would need the theory too -, but I want to know how to apply the theory in real life, how to actually do things in my mind (what to think, where to focus, etc.) and my body which will lead this little paper to spin on the pin.

If you can do the spinning, try to observe what you do in all the details and share it with us.

Let's try to create a description which can be followed by anyone, and can result in the actual application of the theory of guiding qi. It would be a great aim in further exercises and individual development.

Edited:

Please keep in mind that this topic was created to find answer to the question HOW TO DO IT. According to this, please do not come here just to insult me - you can open another topic for that if you like.

Please note that the answer to the "how" question is a properly described experiment which is repeatable and produces the same result under the same circumstances. So just because you state that it's caused by heat, it won't be true, unless you can tell HOW and we can make it. Let's move on.

Edited by Athanor

So the questions are:

Is it fake or is it real?

If it is real, how is it done?

I don't know how to do it and have never tried.

But I do hold to the concept that Chi energy can be directed with intention. I have used it for self-healing. No, I cannot explain how I did it except by using concentration and intent.

Maybe I'll try that demonstration one day just to see what happens.

Peace & Love!

So the questions are:

Is it fake or is it real?

If it is real, how is it done?

I don't know how to do it and have never tried.

But I do hold to the concept that Chi energy can be directed with intention. I have used it for self-healing. No, I cannot explain how I did it except by using concentration and intent.

Maybe I'll try that demonstration one day just to see what happens.

Peace & Love!

I don't think it's fake but if anyone can prove that it is, then that's a valuable info too :)

I'd like you to try it, and everyone else too, and tell me how it went, especially if you could do it.

For technical reasons, I can't see the video. But if I understand, it is close to an experience I did to check out the reality of Qi. It turned positive, and I think you can try it at home. (yes it is safe)

You need:

- a needle

- something to plant the needle vertically. I personally use a fruit.

- a sheet of aluminium paper.

You plant the needle in the fruit (or anything else), then you cut a square in the aluminium paper. You put the aluminium paper on the needle, right in the center. (hardest part...)

Once there is no motion, you slowly put your hand close to the aluminium paper. Make sure there is now wind in the room you are.

Then you use your intent to "push" the stuff. Your qi should go out from the laogong point (center of the palm). It will spin.

Ok, now you tell me...Is this what the video shows? If yes, it is NOT fake. It is real and you can do it as well. It's a good way to show that a kind of electro magnetic energy goes out of our bodies...and can explain lots of things about hands healing and so on.

I said electro-magnetic energy...well I also tried with normal paper, it does not work. Paper stops

electrons, aluminium does not. I am not versed enough in science, but there is definitely something

electric out of our palms :rolleyes: is this what the old chinese called qi? Could be...

PS: if anyone tries this funny experiment, I'd like to hear from them ;)

Ok, now you tell me...Is this what the video shows? If yes, it is NOT fake. It is real and you can do it as well. It's a good way to show that a kind of electro magnetic energy goes out of our bodies...and can explain lots of things about hands healing and so on.

I said electro-magnetic energy...well I also tried with normal paper, it does not work. Paper stops

electrons, aluminium does not. I am not versed enough in science, but there is definitely something

electric out of our palms :rolleyes: is this what the old chinese called qi? Could be...

PS: if anyone tries this funny experiment, I'd like to hear from them ;)

It is the same experiment. However, I never saw it with aluminum, just with normal paper and that spinning device. Yet, normal paper also rotates on the videos.

I don't think that qi is transmitted with electrons. Electrons transmit the type of energy which is called electricity, and there are plenty of other types of energy (heat, nuclear, etc.) which are not transmitted via electrons. Thus, if qi is some sort of fundamental energy, it is surely not transmitted with electrons, so metallic things are not necessary to experience rotation.

However, your own expectation that it won't work with normal paper because it stops electrons might be a reason why you experienced failure when you tried it with normal paper...

Edited by Athanor

Put a glass jar over the top of the whole thing so that air movement isn't an issue

Does it still work then?

Haven't tried :)

I remember seeing a scientific apparatus from school that was of a similar set-up, but using an incredibly thin piece of copper sheet instead of paper - when you shined a light on it, it would spin.

Haven't tried :)

I remember seeing a scientific apparatus from school that was of a similar set-up, but using an incredibly thin piece of copper sheet instead of paper - when you shined a light on it, it would spin.

That wasn't qi energy either.

Heat from the hands can't make the paper spin around because it would most likely simply lift the whole thing; just as electricity can't spin it either because it has no such effect on paper.

The only logical solution is qi energy, and since it can be lead by the mind, the question is HOW TO DO IT.

I think it is most likely just heat. Because heat rises, yet it also radiates. Also, gravity is stronger pressing downwards than sideways so that is a reason why the paper doesn't rise up.

I think it is most likely just heat. Because heat rises, yet it also radiates. Also, gravity is stronger pressing downwards than sideways so that is a reason why the paper doesn't rise up.

Heat means particle kinetics. The higher heat something has, the faster its particles are moving. This means that radiating heat is actually a bunch of air particles which get a kick from the hand's speedy particles and so they start to move faster. But they move faster in every direction, on both sides of the paper. So the paper effectively gets the same force from left and right, ergo it must not spin at all.

Anyway, heatwave can only affect things if they have a big enough surface with which the speedy particles collide, and this can't be told about the metallic circle.

ahahaha this old trick...i am not denying the possible application of qi in anyway, but this trick in particular is done from the hand's heat emission, do your research arm chair scientists. Athanor, I'm sorry but your theory as to why heat isn't a factor is fundamentally flawed and laughable to say the least. I'd suggest you stop worrying about a physical proof/demonstration to show your friends your "power" and focus on more worthwhile goals that do not inflate and perpetuate the ego.

... I'd suggest you stop worrying about a physical proof/demonstration to show your friends your "power" and focus on more worthwhile goals ...

100% agree. Qi emission is for higher level goals such as healing others. No sense in wasting energy on toys. IMO the above example is heat and not qi.

Here was a reason (reason 37,699) I posted not long ago for the use of qi projection.

OP: There are many medical qigong programs where the student is taught external qi projection, wei qi liao fa.

ahahaha this old trick...i am not denying the possible application of qi in anyway, but this trick in particular is done from the hand's heat emission, do your research arm chair scientists. Athanor, I'm sorry but your theory as to why heat isn't a factor is fundamentally flawed and laughable to say the least. I'd suggest you stop worrying about a physical proof/demonstration to show your friends your "power" and focus on more worthwhile goals that do not inflate and perpetuate the ego.

And I suggest you not to claim something "fundamentally flawed and laughable" without a proof. "My theory" is otherwise called physics. If you tend to know why I'm wrong, which I doubt, then tell me, otherwise, if all you can say is that I'm wrong, which I'm not, rather keep your thoughts for your drinking pals.

I'd like to know how this works because it's simple, and it might just be simple enough to serve as a tool for learning to guide qi. Although healing is a much more appropriate application of the ability to guide qi, it's also much harder to learn to guide qi and see its results during healing sessions.

By the way, armchair is 1 word. I did my research.

Edited by Athanor

100% agree. Qi emission is for higher level goals such as healing others. No sense in wasting energy on toys. IMO the above example is heat and not qi.

First, since it's basically easy, maybe you should try whether your opinion matches reality or not. I mean if it's really heat then it doesn't take a rocket scientist to make the experiment and spin the paper. However, when I tried it, I heated up my hands so hard that it was a really burning feeling, yet, it didn't move the paper a single bit. Not to mention that the metallic thing probably weights more, thus it's even harder to spin it. But still you might want to check whether it's heat or not.

You might want to burn a candle beside the paper thing just to see how it spins... It won't.

But - as I told you above - this was a predictable result.

Once again: I'm not wasting energy on toys, I'm trying to learn something.

stock-photo-solar-spinner-with-white-background-and-blue-lighted-base-33174856.jpg

These spin because sunlight gets absorbed by the black sides of the fins, but reflected by the white sides. Which causes the black sides ONLY to heat up, and thus the air on those sides heat up and EXPAND too. Which thus pushes the fins away...spinning them.

I'd imagine body heat could do the same thing to a paper spinner. Basically, it would heat & EXPAND the AIR on one side of the "fins," causing it to spin.

The keys here being air expansion.

I'm sure if you lit a match and held it still there...it would expand the air and push the spinner around too.

But, if you could do this using your hand to a spinner in an airtight container...then that would be more impressive.

Edited by vortex

Athanor,

Can you actually get it to spin with your "qi"? It sounded like you weren't able to in your first post.

First, since it's basically easy, maybe you should try whether your opinion matches reality or not. ...

Once again: I'm not wasting energy on toys, I'm trying to learn something.

I tried these types of things 25-30 years ago, some would work and others wouldn't. I will grant you that it is entirely possible to develop qi to move objects. I also stand by what I said in that anyone who does this is only playing with toys and wasting energy. NOT at all the same thing as which you would use to heal a person - an entirely different vibratory level. Why not learn that instead? Much more useful.

Won't argue about the heat thing as it has been a LONG time since I studied thermodynamics and taught graduate school solar thermal engineering. :)

And I suggest you not to claim something "fundamentally flawed and laughable" without a proof. "My theory" is otherwise called physics. If you tend to know why I'm wrong, which I doubt, then tell me, otherwise, if all you can say is that I'm wrong, which I'm not, rather keep your thoughts for your drinking pals.

I'd like to know how this works because it's simple, and it might just be simple enough to serve as a tool for learning to guide qi. Although healing is a much more appropriate application of the ability to guide qi, it's also much harder to learn to guide qi and see its results during healing sessions.

By the way, armchair is 1 word. I did my research.

:D Ahh, the ego is strong in this one. . . :lol: :lol: Your "theory" is otherwise called physics, huh? lol.... I do not need to provide a proof for something various other people have stated, for something I really do not care about you believing or not (by all means, please do believe millions of "psi-dabbler/youtube-er/dbz teenagers" have the ability to push yang qi out of their lao gong point (LOL) as displayed all over the internet in terms of your "qi application proof"), for something that should be very obvious to someone with a "firm grasp" of physics such as yourself mr. arm chair scientist :) ha-ha-ha-ha... YOU inquired upon the nature of something, you were given an answer more than once, you provided an illogical counter-argument to the given explanation, your attempt to refute the real reason of something is not anyone else's responsibility to provide you with "proof". it is clear you have little actual practice under your belt, I urge you to invest your efforts in such rather than trying to learn something you're many years far off of. And yes, I will indeed consider keeping my thoughts for my "drinking pals" ha-ha, but I know indeed we will have a wonderful time laughing over the yet-to-even-meditate chi-wizard who can spin a nearly weightless piece of paper on a needle top! OR wait, for some reason you cannot even perform this simple feat of thermo-physics? Oh, you have much practice needed indeed! :lol:

Athanor,

When I was a freshman in college, "PK" as it was known was becoming pretty popular, and those "psi-wheels" were the things to try among those interested in attempting to scientifically study telekinesis.

I daily practiced for 30 minutes, recording 10-12 variables, ranging from sleep, hunger, moon phase, amount of time meditated before, etc. I recorded everything daily for around a month, and then moved onto moving a straw atop a water bottle.

After a few days I could move the pin wheel every day easily, however, I could never do it under a jar.

Personally, I concluded that it was a waste of time and it was likely convection currents (read: the transfer of heat through a fluid [air] that causes movement on the wheel).

If you would like, I can personally send you a video of me moving 2 wheels at once.

All in all, it didn't give me any answers unfortunately. Nonetheless, I think most of the videos are BS.

Edited by DaoChild

Athanor,

Can you actually get it to spin with your "qi"? It sounded like you weren't able to in your first post.

I couldn't make it spin. But all the ideas I could think of how to fake it, none of them did work. Neither blowing it, nor heat didn't make it spin the way it did on the tape. And I don't think that it's a very high quality (and expensive) 3d animation work... :) So I think it can be done - probably with qi energy.

:D Ahh, the ego is strong in this one. . . :lol: :lol: Your "theory" is otherwise called physics, huh? lol.... I do not need to provide a proof for something various other people have stated, for something I really do not care about you believing or not (by all means, please do believe millions of "psi-dabbler/youtube-er/dbz teenagers" have the ability to push yang qi out of their lao gong point (LOL) as displayed all over the internet in terms of your "qi application proof"), for something that should be very obvious to someone with a "firm grasp" of physics such as yourself mr. arm chair scientist :) ha-ha-ha-ha... YOU inquired upon the nature of something, you were given an answer more than once, you provided an illogical counter-argument to the given explanation, your attempt to refute the real reason of something is not anyone else's responsibility to provide you with "proof". it is clear you have little actual practice under your belt, I urge you to invest your efforts in such rather than trying to learn something you're many years far off of. And yes, I will indeed consider keeping my thoughts for my "drinking pals" ha-ha, but I know indeed we will have a wonderful time laughing over the yet-to-even-meditate chi-wizard who can spin a nearly weightless piece of paper on a needle top! OR wait, for some reason you cannot even perform this simple feat of thermo-physics? Oh, you have much practice needed indeed! :lol:

I don't waste my time on commenting you, you clearly don't belong here.

I tried these types of things 25-30 years ago, some would work and others wouldn't. I will grant you that it is entirely possible to develop qi to move objects. I also stand by what I said in that anyone who does this is only playing with toys and wasting energy. NOT at all the same thing as which you would use to heal a person - an entirely different vibratory level. Why not learn that instead? Much more useful.

Won't argue about the heat thing as it has been a LONG time since I studied thermodynamics and taught graduate school solar thermal engineering. :)

"some would work and others wouldn't". Haven't you ever been curious what makes the difference? For someone who studied science, you're not really a curious type...

I didn't know that the energy I would use to spin the paper and the energy I would use to heal someone are not the same energy. Can you tell me about the differences?

You know, on a fundamental level, one man can be cured with placebo and another can't. The question is: what makes the difference? It's most likely not the heat.

"some would work and others wouldn't". Haven't you ever been curious what makes the difference? For someone who studied science, you're not really a curious type...

I didn't know that the energy I would use to spin the paper and the energy I would use to heal someone are not the same energy. Can you tell me about the differences?

You know, on a fundamental level, one man can be cured with placebo and another can't. The question is: what makes the difference? It's most likely not the heat.

s

ome would work and others wouldn't". Haven't you ever been curious what makes the difference? For someone who studied science, you're not really a curious type...
HA! :lol: Didn't explain it well I guess; yes I know (to my satisfaction) what worked and what didn't. Most of those things use, as already pointed out to you, convection currents from heat. To actually move objects with external qi projection requires cultivation of energies and intent that is IMO such a waste of time, and takes the practitioner in the totally wrong direction for spiritual and personal growth.

Yes, to continue with what I am trying to convey above. The energy required to move an object is very dense and of a low vibrational energy. To heal others and actually manipulate energy on the quantum level we have to raise our energy body vibrational rate to a Higher Level to be able to actually manipulate the fabric of the universe. This is a lifetime pursuit and we would be going backwards to pursue the lower level densities.

Sign in to follow this