enouch

YAN XIN!

Hi! Has anyone encountered Yan Xin in person or attended any of his seminars? Drew has made mention of him several times and he has submitted his qi-gung to scientific testing. His abilities seem to be on par with many high level cultivators: Santiago, Wang Liping, John Chang, Chunny Lynn, ecetera. Any serious info on interactions or [personal] results from practicing his method would be appreciated.

Santiago, Wang Liping, John Chang, Chunny Lynn, ecetera.

I have heard/read about Wang Liping, John Chang, Chunyi Lin (that's how his name is spelled I guess?), but who is Santiago? Any link to read about him?

Santiago is very much alive. I think the reference of one having passed on is to his Friend&teacher Dr. Glenn Morris. He has a very wide scope of knowledge, down to earth, and sincere. I'm not currently at my desktop to drop some links for you. Google is your friend along with Search on da taobums.

T

Hi! Has anyone encountered Yan Xin in person or attended any of his seminars? Drew has made mention of him several times and he has submitted his qi-gung to scientific testing. His abilities seem to be on par with many high level cultivators: Santiago, Wang Liping, John Chang, Chunny Lynn, ecetera. Any serious info on interactions or [personal] results from practicing his method would be appreciated.

Check out this book called Qigong Fever by David Palmer. It's a very scholarly book on the history and politics of qigong from the 50s-90s. There's loads of good info on Yan Xin plus some of the other big players, very highly recommended, it clears up alot of things surrounding authenticity and development of many the the popular modern qigongs.

From what i remember Yan Xin was a virtuoso, highly charismatic, and had one of the largest followings in China, in the millions. There's some pretty amazing stuff about his 'qigong feats' in the book.

A

Yan Xin is probably the most famous qigong master in China -- why? Well he went out around the country giving these chi-emitting lectures to thousands of people for 7 hours straight in sports stadiums!! So then the Chinese Government declared Yan Xin a "national treasure" and made a government documentary of Yan Xin called:

Yan Xin Supermaster!

I saw this documentary when I was taking the Yan Xin qigong classes at the U of MN -- from the Chinese students. So they had the Chinese video of Yan Xin Supermaster and then they just translated for the few English speakers in the room.

Chunyi Lin was first healed by Yan Xin at one of those 7 hour chi-emitting lectures!! Chunyi Lin says in his last interview that even if he had the knee surgery he was supposed to get he might not be able to run -- and the surgery was very invasive -- so after the 7 hour chi-emitting lecture to THOUSANDS of people -- Chunyi Lin was 80% healed!

80% of his pain and swelling was gone -- there's no bathroom breaks for the Yan Xin chi-emitting lecture -- 7 1/2 hours long!! Chunyi Lin said first he was extremely burning hot all over his body except for his heart -- and then his body went freezing ice cold except for his heart -- of maybe he first felt ants crawling all over this body -- intense itching. But he did not scratch !! He just kept focusing on Yan Xin's chi-emitting lecture!! Then Chunyi Lin said he saw stars even though it was day time!!

So that's what launched Chunyi Lin into training to be a qigong master -- he kept up with Yan Xin's training and then went to other qigong masters to train in person with them and finally he trained with Yan Xin's teacher!! I'm assuming this was near Tibet -- not sure if it's connected to http://qigongmaster.com where Chunyi Lin trained as well -- doing the 49 day full lotus cave meditation without food, water and sleep.

Anyway so Yan Xin had to escape to the U.S. for while when there was a crackdown on other popular qigong movements and then after that the public meditation tape that I had been using for the Yan Xin meditation was no longer publicly available! You're supposed to now do this intensive classroom training before you can even get the meditation tape. And that tape is just the first level of many levels that Yan Xin teaches.

There are many famous healing stories about Yan Xin -- he is famous for giving people bizarre treatments that are counter-intuitive because this emphasizes that the real healing is the mind energy, not the physical treatment. Still you have to follow what he says exactly -- with total obedience.

Yan Xin still does healing with Harvard medical doctors -- I've posted the research -- it's the best peer-reviewed qigong emission healing research, published in Western science journals like the International Journal of Neuroscience, etc.

There was a special conference on Yan Xin's bigu phenomenon -- many of his students go without food and little water -- and so chemistry professor Rustom Roy hosted Yan Xin and even cowrote a book about Yan Xin -- and so the bigu was documented and published in a peer reviewed journal. That's a big emphasis of Yan Xin - he calls it the "qigong revolution" and qigong is the "highest technology of all technologies."

I think Yan Xin was also at Shaolin -- and Chunyi Lin studied with Master Yao at Shaolin -- so that may have been the teacher of Yan Xin that Chunyi Lin referred to. Even though Yan Xin went to Shaolin at a young age he actually started his qigong training from his grandfather in the mountains when he was only 3 years old or something. And Shaolin was more of a demonstration for him then a training place from what I could tell.

Edited by drewhempel

Yan Xin still does healing with Harvard medical doctors -- I've posted the research -- it's the best peer-reviewed qigong emission healing research, published in Western science journals like the International Journal of Neuroscience, etc.

Can you please repost links to the research you indicate you have posted?

tks

Craig

Can you please repost links to the research you indicate you have posted?

tks

Craig

Well there's more than this but it's a good sample list:

http://content.karger.com/ProdukteDB/produkte.asp?Doi=276560

http://www.yanxinqigong.cn/papers/International%20J%20NeuronSci2002.pdf

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6TCH-4K8NWY5-1&_user=10&_coverDate=12%2F31%2F2006&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1250834400&_rerunOrigin=google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=b3ce567356cbbf7167b56b04741924a7

http://www.scientificexploration.org/journal/jse_16_3_yan.pdf

Edited by drewhempel

Here's a similar ability by Yan Xin to lighting things on fire -- Chunyi Lin has reported that for him to be certified an international qigong master by the Chinese government he also had to do this with voltage. Chunyi Lin was first healed by Yan Xin -- so there's a lot of similarities in Chunyi Lin's training as well:

http://sci.tech-archive.net/Archive/sci.physics/2005-02/10713.html

This demonstration was also monitored by an expert. Yan Xin held

an electric wire carrying 200 to 240 volts in his left hand, and

a ground wire in his right hand. Then he completed an electric

circuit with his body for a few minutes. Someone stood by with an

electric test pencil to verify that his body was electrified. Not

only that, he was also able to raise and lower the voltage with

his mind power!

Guest paul walter

Check out this book called Qigong Fever by David Palmer. It's a very scholarly book on the history and politics of qigong from the 50s-90s. There's loads of good info on Yan Xin plus some of the other big players, very highly recommended, it clears up alot of things surrounding authenticity and development of many the the popular modern qigongs.

From what i remember Yan Xin was a virtuoso, highly charismatic, and had one of the largest followings in China, in the millions. There's some pretty amazing stuff about his 'qigong feats' in the book.

A

Yeah this is essential reading, especially for the Yanks who got all the practitioners who made a run for it during the Falun Gong crackdown in the 90's.

A

my copy just arrived today. damn good reading so far. :)

my copy just arrived today. damn good reading so far. :)

Dr. Palmer was nice enough to mail me one of his articles since no academic libraries in the Twin Cities carried the journal it was published in -- he was at London School of Economics at the time. Qigong Fever is an awesome book.