JohnC

Mixing practices

Is there anything wrong with mixing different practices?

I was wondering because I was reading about Falun gong, and how you shouldn't practice it with others. Is this true?

Whats the detriment if you do?

Can you mix spring forest qigong with kunlun?

Thanks,

John

lol, I practised Falun every day, usually twice a day for a couple of years, and also maintained other practises in that period. The only negative experience was the Falun Gong fanatics telling me I was an Evil practitioner when I said I wouldnt stop mixing my practice.

Go ahead. Mix it up. Have fun. :)

Is there anything wrong with mixing different practices?

I was wondering because I was reading about Falun gong, and how you shouldn't practice it with others. Is this true?

Whats the detriment if you do?

The only negative experience was the Falun Gong fanatics telling me I was an Evil practitioner when I said I wouldnt stop mixing my practice.

why not just practise spring forest and stay away from falun gong ? i have seen some ...extreme... falungong practitioners in singapore.

i think there are available genuine qigong out there to learn, without exposing your mind to 'mental danger' like in the falungong system, even if you end up only 1% fanatic, thats still 1% too much.

Thanks guys.

Yea I couldn't give a shit about dogma, or how they say the universe is. I'll decide that on my own thank you.

I just want to use a style thats effective.

John

i think there are available genuine qigong out there to learn, without exposing your mind to 'mental danger' like in the falungong system, even if you end up only 1% fanatic, thats still 1% too much.

:lol:

You gotta feel it out. This takes a bit of experience, some intuition, and familiarity with the practices.

Some practices involve moving energy in certain ways, other practices move it in different ways. You just gotta feel it out.

Some practices, like falun gong seems to do, create specific energy formations and do things in specific ways, so it's probably best to not mix one of those.

why not just practise spring forest and stay away from falun gong ? i have seen some ...extreme... falungong practitioners in singapore.

what's wrong with falun gong? just genuine curiosity unsure.gif

Guest sykkelpump

falun gong is very good,I would recomand it highly.spring forest is also very good but I prefer falun gong

lol, I practised Falun every day, usually twice a day for a couple of years, and also maintained other practises in that period. The only negative experience was the Falun Gong fanatics telling me I was an Evil practitioner when I said I wouldnt stop mixing my practice.

Go ahead. Mix it up. Have fun. :)

Seth Ananda, did you find Falun beneficial? Would you mind sharing why you stopped it? Thanks!

Can't say much from first hand experience, but at least with the case of the Mo Pai practice if you mix that with any chi orbit/circulating/pretty much any other practice you will purportedly die or worse.

From what I understand of Mo pai, is it basically conditions the body and energy channels very very specifically.

While a lot of other practices are more, open everything up. Opening is more what I'm looking for right now, and if I find a specific path I want to devote myself to, or go searching for John Chang, then my body will already be strong enough and open enough to take on the practice.

Mostly doing a lot of Zhan Zhuan (an hour a day), some kunlun (sometimes an hour), with zazen/vipassana meditation (another hour).