RyanO

Going To Get Some McDonald's!

I'm particularly looking forward to a Bacon Egg and Cheese Mcgriddle.

Anyone here think that's a bad idea? :lol: I normally eat healthy, but I think not being too fanatic about it is a good idea.

I was originally gonna post this in the normal forum, as it could spark a discussion about nutrition, but figured it's a little off the wall so I'll throw it here. :P

Anyone here think that's a bad idea? :lol: I normally eat healthy, but I think not being too fanatic about it is a good idea.

I was originally gonna post this in the normal forum, as it could spark a discussion about nutrition, but figured it's a little off the wall so I'll throw it here. :P

Would you like fries and a drink with that, sir?

Would you like fries and a drink with that, sir?

Hash browns and a Coke, thanks! :lol:

I think if you continue with your practises the time will come when that food will look repellant to you and be inedible.

So.

If your mind is attached to the idea of it as a treat, indulge it while it still 'works'!

I think if you continue with your practises the time will come when that food will look repellant to you and be inedible.

Including chocolate donuts?

In the longer video on the Kunlun website, Max called McDonald's food "all the good stuff". :lol:

Probably not meant very seriously, and also, for his health it probably doesn't matter that much.

What is interesting, though, is that since I got used to eating full grain bread, ordinary white buns taste like that edible, starchy stuffing material for packages. ( Yes, I tried it! :D ) Actually, it tastes better than buns.

Concerning the moral aspect: Try to replace McDonald's with something healthy and delicious, then you might lose the desire for it.

Personally, while I didn't like the McD stuff for quite a while (I've always been looking for that "legendary" sauce that's supposed to be somewhere in there), what made it easy for me to abstain completely and forever was watching "Super Size Me", followed by some reading-up on the history of McDonald's (in the rotten.com library et al).

Edited by Hardyg

I have some organic cacao powder that I use now for making chocolatey things, it is wonderful, very yummy. And mixed with yacon and lacuma, the ideal sweet hit that doesnt make you feel gguuuhhh - ey.

I know Ryan is about to do Fusion.. after which I couldnt drink even a glass of wine for about a year, and definitely my system didnt like chocolate.. it gave me spots every time I ate a piece.

Purification of the body radically changes the taste buds. I have an apple and cider cake in the oven as we speak. I'll let you know how it goes..:P

By the way... if organic food looks nice and is hardly more expensive than regular stuff, it is very likely that copper was used as a pesticide.

I hope a healthy body will simply flush it out through the kidneys.

I have some organic cacao powder that I use now for making chocolatey things, it is wonderful, very yummy. And mixed with yacon and lacuma, the ideal sweet hit that doesnt make you feel gguuuhhh - ey.

I know Ryan is about to do Fusion.. after which I couldnt drink even a glass of wine for about a year, and definitely my system didnt like chocolate.. it gave me spots every time I ate a piece.

Purification of the body radically changes the taste buds. I have an apple and cider cake in the oven as we speak. I'll let you know how it goes..:P

Wow that's really interesting about Fusion. I'm a moderate drinker so I'm curious to see how that affects that.

I've been on strict diets where when I ate junk food and it was gross/too sweet because my taste buds adjusted, but when I when back to eating normally it tasted good again. I wonder if simple adjustment is the reason for the change or something more along the lines of the purification you speak of.

I try not too drink heavily, not because I wouldn't like it at the time, but because I know it will make me hungover/affect my practice. I wonder if it's the same for food.

It’s annoying that it’s cheaper to go to the above than subway, and then to actually get a really healthy take away, like a good Chinese meal, cost lots more. Expensive to eat healthy :(

Interesting. In Germany chinese food costs the same as McD stuff, if you compare how well it makes you full. And every chinese food can be considered more healthy than McD.