RyanO

Michael Winn's Upcoming Fusion Workshops

Howdy bums,

So I'm off to MW's Fusion workshops in Asheville. Fusion 1 is in a few weeks. Any bums gonna be there?

Any bums who have done Fusion have any random thoughts/tips about it? Do they like it/enjoy it/find it useful/still practice it? Ways I can prepare?

BTW, I'm aware Healing Tao has its limitations and am not looking for any general HT hate, just thoughts and perhaps constructive criticisms of Fusion from people who have actually done it, esp. from Michael. I have done a number of workshops with him already and have benefited tremendously.

Thanks!

-Ryan

Edited by RyanO

Round 2! :D

Anyone have any thoughts/tips/advice about Fusion? Fusion 1 is this weekend, I must say I'm pretty excited about it.

Thanks!

Round 2! :D

Anyone have any thoughts/tips/advice about Fusion? Fusion 1 is this weekend, I must say I'm pretty excited about it.

Thanks!

Good luck.

Look forward to your report.

I have studied all levels of fusion with M.Chia more than 20 years ago....(whoa)

I have studied all Winns taped material. He helped me understand it much more deeply than I had.

Just go for it. I wouldn't want to prejudice your experience.

PS- not everyone hates HT, M.Chia, M.Winn etc.

Gratitude to all my teachers in all times and places.

Craig

• Like 1

Cool thanks Craig.

I hear you on not going in with preconceived notions, and believe individuals vary greatly in their experiences.

I've been having some powerful experiences recently doing Primordial Qigong, the Inner Smile, and the Six Healing Sounds. Like, really powerful. I almost want to explore these more before I get into Fusion, but I could probably do that forever! Also, I think my shen are eager to experience a little communion :)

I'll let you know how it goes!

I took fusion with him a long time ago and really enjoyed it. The course has probably changed over the years. There were many techniques thrown at you during the course so I find its best to concentrate on a few rather then chase them all.

Winn is a very open knowledgeable teacher, take advantage of that, don't be afraid to ask questions. Often the other students are very experienced themselves so try to get in some late night bull sessions.

If Minke DeVos CD's are offered at the shop get them. They're a great value, her Tao Basics is extremely well done and she has Fusion I and II recreated as guided meditations, well worth the $25 or so.

Yours

Michael

I took fusion with him a long time ago and really enjoyed it. The course has probably changed over the years. There were many techniques thrown at you during the course so I find its best to concentrate on a few rather then chase them all.

Winn is a very open knowledgeable teacher, take advantage of that, don't be afraid to ask questions. Often the other students are very experienced themselves so try to get in some late night bull sessions.

If Minke DeVos CD's are offered at the shop get them. They're a great value, her Tao Basics is extremely well done and she has Fusion I and II recreated as guided meditations, well worth the $25 or so.

Yours

Michael

Thanks for the tips Michael. I find I go deeper when the techniques are simple and more yin, so your advice to concentrate on fewer rather than all at once I think is good, I will keep that in mind. My guess is his approach/changes to the material these days will align with that advice.

Funny you mention Minke, I literally just purchased her Tao Basics CD and some of her other stuff. Didn't get the Fusions, but might if I like her work and the Fusion material.

Thanks!

Hi Ryan. I havent done a fusion course with Michael, I have done K&L courses with him more times than I can recall and we do fusion as prep.

I did my first HT Fusion course with HT London and actually did it at my house with the teacher and some students, very intensively over 3 days. I remember a huge heart release thing which meant I just laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed at everything, with tears of laughter. I really found everything super hilarious. My face hurt from laughing so much.

We did a wonderful dismembering meditation, cutting ourselves all up and dismantling our skeletons, and cleaning everything and putting it all back together again and we also did a going into space with our astral bodies.

However, I have no idea if Michael does that stuff or if it was specific to the London teacher who was also a shaman.

Michael is fun and warm and easy to talk to and very interesting and super articulate, I really like him a lot and enjoy his company and I think you will have such a fun time and a great shift forward in your practice. I hope you come and tell us how it went for you, I wish I could come, I'd love to meet you and see Michael again.

Edited by cat

Hi - from a guy born just outside of Kings Mountain - but in China now-

I've been studying meditation and the Tao for about 30+ years and I tend to agree with not having preconceived Ideas. The simplest additions have at times created the greatest changes whereas the #1, #2, & #3 is to practice, practice, practice.

Who would have thought Breath could do so much - and even no thoughts would do so much more? And even exercising before meditation was a key to even more doors.

Here's a bit of a summation of my experiences over time that can give you something to play with until you get into the real soup. The first page was my beginning in being taught, at 17 years old, from a yoga master from India. It takes between 3 and 6 months of nightly practice. (100 days)

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/11802-awakening-psychic-abilities/page__st__120

"Jade Emperor's Mind Seal Classic

1. The Supreme Medicine has three distinctions:

Ching (essence), Qi (vitality) and Shen (spirit), which are elusive and obscure.

2. Keep to nonbeing, yet hold on to being and perfection is yours in an instant.

3. When distant winds blend together,

in one hundred days of spiritual work

And morning recitation to the Shang Ti,

Then in one year you will soar as an immortal.

4. The sages awaken through self-cultivation;

Deep, profound, their practices require great effort.

5. Fulfilling vows illumines the Heavens.

6. Breathing nourishes youthfulness.

7. Departing from the Mysterious, entering the female.

It appears to have perished, yet appears to exist.

Unmoveable, it's orgin is mysterious.

8. Each person has Ching.

The Shen unites with the Ching,

The Shen unites with the Qi,

The breath then unites with the true nature,

These terms appear to be fanciful exaggerations.

9. The Shen is capable of entering stone;

The Shen is capable of physical flight.

Entering water it is not drowned;

Entering fire it is not burned.

10. The Shen depends on life form;

The Ching depends on sufficient Qi.

If these are neither depleted nor injured

the result will be youthfulness and longevity.

11. These three distinctions have one principle,

Yet so subtle it cannot be heard.

12. Their meeting results in existence,

their parting results in nonexistence.

13. The seven apertures interpenetrate

and each emits wisdom light.

14. The sacred sun and sacred moon

Illumuniate the Golden Court.

One attainment is eternal attainment.

15. The body will naturally become weightless.

When the supreme harmony is replete,

the bone fragments become like winter jade.

16. Acquiring the Elixir results in immortality,

not acquiring it results in extinction.

17. The Elixir is within yourself,

It is not white and not green.

18. Recite and hold ten thousand times.

These are the subtle principles of self-illumination.

(Lu Szu-hsing's appended verses)

19. The two images of the dragon and tiger are unified through Qi;

Chaos blending as One.

20. It is not possible to attain the eternal just through invocations.

21. The Elixir is called Green Dragon and White Tiger;

The Elixir is in the nature of no-nature,

Emptiness of nonemptiness.

22. Even if you are unable to make use of the substance,

You can certainly make use of the function.

23. Frequently both the substance and conditions for the substance appear together,

although these are not always percieved as identical.

24. The ancients said, "the term *emptiness* embraces the entire teaching."

* Transliterated by Stuart Olson"

In China, I have found a carved river rock of the White tiger with 2 Green Dragons on either side. The White tiger is the mind, the 2 Dragons are body and breath. Between the 3, they hold the symbol of the Tao.

In China almost all great monestaries, dedicated to meditation, are located in the mountains - they have winding trails leading up to them with many places to stop, rest & meditate along the WAY. My personal favorite is by flowing water.

cat: Nice, thanks for the response. I have also found Michael to be a great teacher. It would be very cool if you could be there. I have met some awesome people at his workshops and I'm sure that would continue the trend :)

jK: Wow cool Kings Mountain, funny you mention it, I just visited Crowder's Mountain to celebrate the Spring Equinox. Thanks for your advice as well.

Namaste

If this is the exercise I think it is, then it is truly something special.

Scotty, is this on any of the DVDs from Winn or even better any book of Chia's?

And, do you think this is all 'Fire' method? Currently I am doing Kunlun so keep getting confused if it is okay to run any MCO stuff - MCO Chi Kung (Winn's version), Chunyi/Robert Peng's MCO meditation etc.

Sorry for the digression folks, had to ask this question that was bugging me.

Will PM you. I haven't checked M Winn's materials on this practice, so I probably shouldn't have said anything. Keeping quiet now...

Scotty, is this on any of the DVDs from Winn or even better any book of Chia's?

And, do you think this is all 'Fire' method? Currently I am doing Kunlun so keep getting confused if it is okay to run any MCO stuff - MCO Chi Kung (Winn's version), Chunyi/Robert Peng's MCO meditation etc.

Sorry for the digression folks, had to ask this question that was bugging me.

Not sure if it's the same technique you guys are thinking of, but it is very special and powerful.

To answer your question, it is not on his DVD but is in his audio course.

Glad you had such a good time, Ryan.

I do KL and can also MCO and no issue. Not sure as your KL builds that you will feel the need to MCO though.

On 3/31/2010 at 8:55 PM, Aetherous said:

Will PM you. I haven't checked M Winn's materials on this practice, so I probably shouldn't have said anything. Keeping quiet now...

Hi Aetherous,

Could you please PM me on this as well? Thank you.

• Like 1