buscon

Feng Shui Book recommendation

I want to buy a book about Feng Shui. I've already an idea of what Feng Shui is.

Eva Wong is a nice writer, so I was evaluating one of her books:

- Feng Shui

- A Master Course in Feng-Shui

Has anyone already read these books ? What's the difference between the two ? Which one do you suggest ?

I had the first one recommended to me by someone who really knew his Feng Shui stuff, i bought it and have explored it a little but not in depth (one day...), it has a really solid foundation in the underlying principles and is very clear and systematic.

I borrowed the first book 'Feng Shui' a while back from the library and found it a good resource, although a bit dense in some parts.

Then I forgot about it until I came across the 'Master Course' book in a bookstore recently. I flicked through it and it's quite similar in content to the first title. On Amazon it seems to be published more recently so perhaps it's an expanded/revised version?

I'm not a Feng Shui expert and I've only read Feng Shui books by 3-4 different authors, but I think Eva Wong's Feng Shui books are one of the best available in English. The books go into concepts others don't mention, such as the different dragon/tiger landform shapes.

If you read the reader reviews on Amazon they're pretty spot on, even the negative ones which highlight the shortcomings in the books.

I want to buy a book about Feng Shui. I've already an idea of what Feng Shui is.

Eva Wong is a nice writer, so I was evaluating one of her books:

- Feng Shui

- A Master Course in Feng-Shui

Has anyone already read these books ? What's the difference between the two ? Which one do you suggest ?

This one will get you started: http://www.aafengshui.com/ but Eva Wong's books will take you throughout Taoism in a stepping stone staircase manner... She is a master communicator with a close relative (Sifu level) that teachers her the Tao.

In my travels I have left Cleary books at library book drops but I keep Eva's books - particularly: "Cultivating Stillness"...