Sign in to follow this  
james

esangha alternative

Hi there all,

Wondering if any off you know of an alternative buddhist forum to esangha as it has been down for several months now, I used the Tibetan Buddhism section

to keep up to date with events/teachings, general info, questions ect, any leads would be appreciated.

Cheers James.

Try:

http://dharmaoverground.org/web/guest/discussion/

I don't know whether that's the complete URL or not as the site is blocked in my workplace (lol, Australian Christian radicals)

Run by the self-proclaimed arahant Daniel Ingram, they follow the Theravada tradition and its approach to the Dharma/Dhamma is excellent as it is largely based on Vipassana practice. Pity they have a section discussing attainments, which I would skip completely as it gives a mind something to grasp to.

Try:

http://dharmaoverground.org/web/guest/discussion/

I don't know whether that's the complete URL or not as the site is blocked in my workplace (lol, Australian Christian radicals)

Run by the self-proclaimed arahant Daniel Ingram, they follow the Theravada tradition and its approach to the Dharma/Dhamma is excellent as it is largely based on Vipassana practice. Pity they have a section discussing attainments, which I would skip completely as it gives a mind something to grasp to.

Thanks for your help, unfortunately I am a (absolutely hopeless) practitioner of the Vajrayana and Dzogchen traditions as found in Tibetan Buddhism, so while I love all Buddhism its not the relevant forum for me in relation to news of upcoming events, teachings ect.

Cheers James.

Thanks for your help, unfortunately I am a (absolutely hopeless) practitioner of the Vajrayana and Dzogchen traditions as found in Tibetan Buddhism, so while I love all Buddhism its not the relevant forum for me in relation to news of upcoming events, teachings ect.

Cheers James.

Absolutely hopeless sounds quite good!

Do you have a Lama? I think you would get more from direct teachings than a forum to be honest. I used to post on e-sangha a bit but it seemed to get a bit strict about views ...

Absolutely hopeless sounds quite good!

Do you have a Lama? I think you would get more from direct teachings than a forum to be honest. I used to post on e-sangha a bit but it seemed to get a bit strict about views ...

Thanks for your reply, yes I have several teachers, I am generally not that interested in forums but found the Tibetan Buddhist section of the esangha forum helpful for keeping up to date with what teachers were giving teachings, upcoming events ect, the forum has been down for several months now and I was just wondering if there was an alternative.

Cheers James.

Thanks for your reply, yes I have several teachers, I am generally not that interested in forums but found the Tibetan Buddhist section of the esangha forum helpful for keeping up to date with what teachers were giving teachings, upcoming events ect, the forum has been down for several months now and I was just wondering if there was an alternative.

Cheers James.

where do you live? there's a mailing list here that sends out emails when there are events in the NY area, perhaps there is another for your area if you search around http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DharmaEventsNY

I would also suggest you get affiliated with centers in your area and keep up to date with them. Ask them if they have a mailing list and regularly visit them to meet whoever is in charge. I think that is a better idea overall since you'll get to meet people and become part of a sangha.

Sign in to follow this