Sign in to follow this  
slimjim

Pain in Jade pillow.

I've been doing horse stance for a few months now.. on and off. But later in the stance.Say after the shaking begins and I keep going eventually I start to get a pain in the jade pillow area. Right side more then center.

In the stance it can kinda've be unbearable. I do visualization with it to hold it longer. Not sure if im just moving to fast or what.

I've been doing horse stance for a few months now.. on and off. But later in the stance.Say after the shaking begins and I keep going eventually I start to get a pain in the jade pillow area. Right side more then center.

In the stance it can kinda've be unbearable. I do visualization with it to hold it longer. Not sure if im just moving to fast or what.

Maybe you're tensing the area? If ur shaking trying to hold the position its difficult to be in a medatative state when you can be aware of tensions in your body. Try to relax the area that is hurting. Do some sitting meditation too. Standing and sitting are both good with different angles

eventually I start to get a pain in the jade pillow area. Right side more then center.

Hey Slim -

Could be many things, or a combination of a few, or who knows what without observing you. How do you position your head? Are you aware of what your head is doing while you practice? Keeping the wind gates open? Chin in? Neck vertebrae open and relaxed? Baihui in the middle? Shoulders and arms can also bring tension to the area. Let the shoulders sink and the shoulder blades open up. Dazhui could also be blocked and stiff.

Tongue, jaw, eyes, ears, temples... all potential problem areas. Every one of them deserves attention.

Do some thorough warm-up rubbing before you start, too. Do you have a good self-massage routine?

And some gentle skull-rotation. There are many variations on this theme.

Hm no, I usually dont do a massage before horse stance so it may be a good idea.. Also tension in the shoulder may be it..

.. horse stance .. and I keep going eventually I start to get a pain in..

In the stance it can kinda've be unbearable

Do you have a good self-massage routine?
Hm no, I usually dont do a massage before horse stance so it may be a good idea..

Bingo. :)

Prior to standing: self-massage, joint rotations, some body-weight squats. You'll find a world of difference.

Yup.

For some yrs I stood (not every day) and liked it but also felt frustrated that I was grinding it out, not as much progress past a pt. After getting into self-acupressure a lot opened up. Much much more efficient.

Sign in to follow this