Sign in to follow this  
NeiChuan

Forehead twitching

About a centimeter above eyebrow level I've been having muscle twitches. Started to pay more attention to it maybe.. 2 weeks ago because its pretty frequent now.

Any ideas?

Stop paying attention to the scenery? :D

^^

NeiChuan,

I used to/still do get frequent muscle spams/twitches/energetic sensations that randomly occur through the body, as well as hearing high pitched tones quite often and various other strange occurrences. It's probably energy moving around opening channels, I suggest not paying much attention to it. As joe said, it's just scenery.

Lol alright guys. I just figured its location maybe it could mean something more.

Then again I guess I was paying attention to the scenery after all :lol:

k thx

According to that big pink qi-gong book it's chi collecting where it probably shouldn't. They suggest an antidote to it in the appendix. Places to collect and stock chi have been discussed at length but maybe we could talk about why it may or may not be a good idea to have it hanging around in specific areas too long.

also, make sure you dont furrow your brow when practicing. someone around here posted a...ah, it was in someone's personal section...but they posted a pic of the muscles around the orbits of the eyes and such, a purposeful relaxation there may help alleviate this. remember that yi leads qi, and your feeling at the forehead is most likely just some minor qi stagnation that can be fixed with a shift in focus, awareness, to somewhere else. dantien is always a good idea. but if you're too much in your head then plenty often there's where some qi will manifest. leave the analysis for after practice - during practice, focus your awareness on that which is generating these interesting effects, not the effects themselves :)

Ooh Trunk! Just the guy I was looking for. Yes, I have been spinning small currents around in my head spontaneously, then I read that other thread about it not being very safe (how not if spontaneous, BTW?)so then I'll drop it down to feet or LDT. I've also been reading that we generally ought to do "closing" but I've been wayward and having just continued on with various spontaneous stuff throughout the day.It could all be useless,but maybe not. What do you reckon?

Thanks!

Kate

Sign in to follow this