Forest

Master Eric Yudelove

How about some reasonable guidelines under which circumstances it is ok to 'call BS'?

For example : if you have no personal knowledge of the teacher /havent read their books/ worked with them/tried their practises.. is it still ok to 'call BS'? :blink:

If they have a body of work that members here respect and you personally dont know their work, is it ok to 'call BS'? (Or would it be more worthwhile to listen, find out, and ask questions phrased in a non accusatory way...B) )

I'm thinking the term 'call BS' could also be paraphrased as 'randomly denigrate' and 'personally judge and insult, based on hearsay and rumour"...:wacko:

How about some reasonable guidelines under which circumstances it is ok to 'call BS'?

For example : if you have no personal knowledge of the teacher /havent read their books/ worked with them/tried their practises.. is it still ok to 'call BS'? :blink:

If they have a body of work that members here respect and you personally dont know their work, is it ok to 'call BS'? (Or would it be more worthwhile to listen, find out, and ask questions phrased in a non accusatory way...B) )

I'm thinking the term 'call BS' could also be paraphrased as 'randomly denigrate' and 'personally judge and insult, based on hearsay and rumour"...:wacko:

IMO calling BS is not the most interesting way to have a good conversation.

If you think someone is full of it IMO it would be far more interesting to draw more BS out of them.

Engage them. Provide your own thoughts and opinions. If they are full of BS they will either not respond, or more interesting they will respond and show you how truly full of it they are.

this would be a better way for all to practice discernment if you ask me.

Calling BS is so ...un subtle.

I would much rather have a drawn out chat with a madman (not indicating any particular person here..) than tell him I think he is full of it. Boring.

Craig

One thing though. Some of us still remember all the threats and intimidation, and psychic attacks, with dragons or not. But it's been over 10 years now and if you loose a loved one, it's pretty screwed up and could be a big contributing factor to Eric's going a little nuts. He definitely has something to offer from his experience, even if some people thing it's not what they want. Why do you think he came here? To listen to us bitch about kunlun? :lol:

Yeah, about 11 years. What about the:

"you will sleep with a knife, you will" part. I think that was the best.

I love your post and Keith's.

I feel we three are just on the same page on this.

And it's not accidental.

Not my intended usage, clearly.

I only meant that I'm of the conviction that if people see exagerations or twistings of truths, that there should be the social space for them to be able to say so, in a civil way. Hopefully in a way that clarifies.

It's an easy corner for people to turn, from strong disagreement to turbid animosity.. and I'm very much not for that. And that's an area of challenge for this e-community.

Obviously, we all want to be as kind and clear as we can be - we're just stating it from different angles. Hardly ever a well rounded view on things until half dozen people have said their peace. :)

Yeah, about 11 years. What about the:

"you will sleep with a knife, you will" part. I think that was the best.

Don't remember this one. It was probably directed at you... :lol:

Please note the forum rules that you agree to upon registration.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

We have an insult policy, abide by it or don't post, really simple stuff.

The forum sign on disclaimer is a last line of defense designed to protect board owners from lawsuits etc. I realize that it may well be a long time since some of us have read it but that is why it's there.

Sean, as the board owner, may well have a different opinion, basically it's his house and his rules. I'm just trying my best to help out, perhaps I'm over-reacting but I am honestly just trying my best.

It's midnight. I'm tired, and I'm going to bed.

Is this what they call "freedom of speech"... <_<

Catch a clue: there are limits.

If people are incapable of seasoning their freedom with responsibility, then there are rules and those rules get enforced.

~ edit ~

Honestly, I don't know what we're going to do about this place. I was just extolling the virtue of 'speaking your truth', and then someone posted something so wildly irresponsible that ... well, that I can't fathom it, and I keep forgetting that we get like this. It seems to happen more as the forum has grown, and often in a thread a few bad apples spoil the barrel ... is there a sociologist in the crowd? I'm really for the space that accepts authentic clarifying dissent, and I guess now I'm really against irresponsible dissent. It's a tricky place to be in as a moderator.

Tao and rules????????? :huh:

Life and rules.

god, higher power, life force - tao - call it what you will has, believe it or not, has rules.

Some times they are referred to as laws of nature, of physics or of tao.

So yes tao has rules.

If you are following the tao or trying to, a good starting point is to follow the rules of a forum.

If you can't follow the simple rules of a forum, well then you will never be one with the tao.

1. The Guru is always right.

2. No one ever rises to the level of the Guru's wisdom

3. Members must accept the guru's reality as their own.

4. Critical thingking is discouraged.

5. Positive thoughts about the leader and the group are encouraged.

6. Irrational, illogical, or superstitious thoughts are always welcome.

The guy wrote Eric was undergoing chronic depression or something like that? I thought that was on a sympathetic note? Knowing that could be a useful thing - especially if this is a result of his practice path or something?

Well, 'forest' did reveal personal information or speculation about Yudelove, which was clearly inappropriate. Doesn't mean that legitimate criticism shouldn't be allowed, however.

Well, 'forest' did reveal personal information or speculation about Yudelove, which was clearly inappropriate. Doesn't mean that legitimate criticism shouldn't be allowed, however.

I agree. Some people can raise their self-esteem just by trying to lower it to others.

Silly, if you ask me.

Yes, Tao is all about rules. The ones that really count.

Mal, I don't like to see you heartbroken! Hang in there, Mal.

It's all good. In the real world my cat was crying every time he moved, hence why I was up at midnight waiting for my partner to get home. He is at the vet now, looks a bit better today and waiting for his apointment. So while waiting I through I'd just pop on to read a few threads. Just like now :) I'm on my way back back to see how he is.

p.s. Turns out Jean-Claw is fine, must have been in a fight and basically just had abrasions on his back, which we couldn't see through his fur. He got an xray as he was obviously distressed but all good. He has some medicine now and only cost $350 but he is worth it :)

p.s. Turns out Jean-Claw is fine, must have been in a fight and basically just had abrasions on his back...

I hope he didn't hurt anyone with his brutal leg kicks... :lol:

Please note the forum rules that you agree to upon registration.

I'm sure the edit was a good thing, but now I'm just curious. :lol:

One parting observation which you all seem to already know and I'm sure Sparkle would agree with you:

I'm bad to the bone & a drunken lazy bastard.

The Dragon Master

I also find it interesting that you are a lawyer as well as a Qigong Master. I recently quit law school because it was sapping me of my vitality. Not enough heart energy. Not to say this would happen to everyone, I'm sure I just wasn't compatible.

I also find it interesting that you are a lawyer as well as a Qigong Master. I recently quit law school because it was sapping me of my vitality. Not enough heart energy. Not to say this would happen to everyone, I'm sure I just wasn't compatible.

We all have to find our own Way.

MESY

another

flower

opened?

remember

those stars and stripes forever

after

ha e fun spinning your wheels