Forest

Master Eric Yudelove

Quite so.

So you know them both personally? You know them both outside of the forum?

Sparkle is pushing his book. That's obvious because she mentions it several times.

When someone questioned the events that took place at the stripclub his defense is that he's a ninja assassin.

Noone else finds these things odd?

I refuse to drink the Cool Aid.

hi there

it's not uncommon for people that practice magic and are fond of rituals to be involved in special clubs and secret societies

i wonder if eric was involved, or is

i also wonder if he has some thoughts he can share regarding this subject

Edited by Eric Yudelove

So you know them both personally? You know them both outside of the forum?

Sparkle is pushing his book. That's obvious because she mentions it several times.

When someone questioned the events that took place at the stripclub his defense is that he's a ninja assassin.

Noone else finds these things odd?

I refuse to drink the Cool Aid.

Edited by Eric Yudelove

~~~ TheTaoBums Moderation Team ~~~

... Drew bombards the forum with SFQ material and everyone is readying the stake for a burn trial but when Ol'Diane here .. nobody cares? Ok ok so she's keeping it to this topic only but does her post even count considering she's his husband and they have books they need to sell?

Just from a moderator's pt of view,

re: spam rules ...

TTB's has no problem with people plugging their products (or other people's products that they're inspired to promote) in the natural course of conversation. It's especially ok if there is actual conversation, contributing to conversation. We're fine with people promoting good products and making money, no problem! Especially, as you noted, as when it's appropo to thread subject.

What's not ok is promoting inappropo, in high numbers, without really contributing to the conversation. For instance, if I was super excited about Eric's book/s and went around to every thread and to everyone who showed up in the lobby and just posted, "Buy this book (link)!" ... say, maybe 30 times over the course of several days. Well, that would be spam and not ok.

We're fine w/ Drew promoting SFQ, or anyone promoting any relevant product/system ... just not all over the place all the time. :D

The other issue potentially at play here is,

general conversation rules

If you don't like what someone says (re: promotion or other) or if you disagree (minor or major, mild or strong) on some point, of course people are welcome to voice their differing opinions. This is a discussion board, after all. :) Just voice your pt of view in a way that is real conversation, profane brawls aren't ok. Open board. Plenty of room to express.

This isn't really a "warning" post ... no one has broken any major rules that hasn't already been addressed privately. Just points of information. B)

- Trunk

~~~ Mod Squad out ~~~

TTB's has no problem with people plugging their products (or other people's products that they're inspired to promote) in the natural course of conversation. It's especially ok if there is actual conversation, contributing to conversation. We're fine with people promoting good products and making money, no problem! Especially, as you noted, as when it's appropo to thread subject.

What's not ok is promoting inappropo, in high numbers, without really contributing to the conversation. For instance, if I was super excited about Eric's book/s and went around to every thread and to everyone who showed up in the lobby and just posted, "Buy this book (link)!" ... say, maybe 30 times over the course of several days. Well, that would be spam and not ok.

We're fine w/ Drew promoting SFQ, or anyone promoting any relevant product/system ... just not all over the place all the time. :D

If you don't like what someone says (re: promotion or other) or if you disagree (minor or major, mild or strong) on some point, of course people are welcome to voice their differing opinions. This is a discussion board, after all. :) Just voice your pt of view in a way that is real conversation, profane brawls aren't ok. Open board. Plenty of room to express.

This isn't really a "warning" post ... no one has broken any major rules that hasn't already been addressed privately. Just points of information. B)

- Trunk

~~~ Mod Squad out ~~~

Edited by Eric Yudelove

- Trunk

~~~ Mod Squad out ~~~

Dear Trunk:

Someday I hope to be as wise and diplomatic as you.

Eric :blush:

For some reason this posted twice, so I guess I meant it twice as much as I did the first time.

Edited by Eric Yudelove

Eric,

I'd happily look you in your eyes and call bullshit.

I'm not buying your whole mercenary story with your ninja sword and your uzi.

I'm happily married and have a wonderful daughter dispite the faults that I have.

I'm a nobody and I dont think that I'm above anyone. I think that people who are in the spotlight and call themselves "Master" should actually own up to their mistakes, like a responsible adult. This topic doesnt even concern me so I doubt I post in here anymore. You can PM me if you'd like to take this conversation further.

This was taken from another post..maybe you could clear this up for anyone who was actually thinking of learning from you.

Monday, August 01, 2005

NEW YORK Is that a samurai sword in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

The answer was a resounding yes and no for New York sex-book author Eric Yudelove.

On Tuesday, the 58-year-old Syosset, L.I., resident was busted for allegedly threatening a strip-club bouncer with a Japanese-style sword.

But later in the week, out on bail, he allegedly stole his own car from a police impound lot, returned to the strip club and threatened to blow it up.

At first, the author of "Taoist Yoga and Sexual Energy" was charged with criminal possession of a weapon and menacing, after allegedly waving the sword outside the Hustler Club on West 51st Street.

Cops said he'd taken the sword from his vehicle after a dancer rebuffed his advances.

"He started bringing her presents and becoming a bit of a pain in the a**," a police source said. "When it became clear she wasn't interested in anything other than his money, he went to see the manager and demanded she be fired."

When those demands fell on deaf ears, he became unruly and was thrown out, the source said, only to return "a few minutes later ... waving the samurai."

Cops added that they later found an Uzi automatic weapon in his vehicle.

And as if that weren't enough, the bailed-out Yudelove, whose real name is Eric Steven Edelstein, allegedly took his car out of the NYPD pound without permission, drove back to the club and vowed to blow it to smithereens.

Police re-arrested him at his home on Saturday.

Now he's charged with tampering with evidence, intimidating witnesses and making terrorist threats.

Source: http://www.foxnews.c...,164424,00.html

Edit: Questions were removed because they were answered in another post.

Edited by h.uriahr

Hey Erdweird:

I decided to give you a little more info about that newspaper article.

The reason my sword Scaramouche and an Uzi was found in the trunk of my car, had to do with mercenary activity I was involved with at the time. Because of contractual restrictions,I really can't say more than that about it.

You might not know it, but Taoists were once considered to be the world's finest martial artists.

Supposedly, it was a small group of Taoists who somehow got stranded in Japan, that founded the Ninja tradition.

Would you like to go out for a drink with me sometime? :rolleyes:

Master Eric Yudelove

I dont drink, but thanks anyway

hey look, i dont care about the ninjas and mercenaries and all of that stuff. I guess i dont know how to take your statements, they seem a bit to far out for me, so i am just going to let you have the benefit of the doubt and go my own way. thanks for revealing a bit about yourself though, i appreciate the effort.

I cant say i am compelled to meet with you. unlike some others here, i am not really into the kind of taoism you are practicing. I mean, you say you are more of a "warrior path" kind of taoist. Yes, I know about taoists practicing martial arts. I think that will not be a revelation to allot of people here. I like martial arts too, but i am more interested in spiritual growth, conquering the ego, etc.

I also have little love for Crowley anymore, although i did go in for that stuff as a teenager. that was a couple of decades ago for reference. I find his antics quite repulsive now. I guess that's another reason why we wont be having a drink.. But Cheers! enjoy!

Edited by erdweir

Eric,

I'd happily look you in your eyes and call bullshit.

I'm not buying your whole mercenary story with your ninja sword and your uzi.

I'm happily married and have a wonderful daughter dispite the faults that I have.

I'm a nobody and I dont think that I'm above anyone. I think that people who are in the spotlight and call themselves "Master" should actually own up to their mistakes, like a responsible adult. This topic doesnt even concern me so I doubt I post in here anymore. You can PM me if you'd like to take this conversation further.

This was taken from another post..maybe you could clear this up for anyone who was actually thinking of learning from you.

Monday, August 01, 2005

NEW YORK Is that a samurai sword in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

The answer was a resounding yes and no for New York sex-book author Eric Yudelove.

On Tuesday, the 58-year-old Syosset, L.I., resident was busted for allegedly threatening a strip-club bouncer with a Japanese-style sword.

But later in the week, out on bail, he allegedly stole his own car from a police impound lot, returned to the strip club and threatened to blow it up.

At first, the author of "Taoist Yoga and Sexual Energy" was charged with criminal possession of a weapon and menacing, after allegedly waving the sword outside the Hustler Club on West 51st Street.

Cops said he'd taken the sword from his vehicle after a dancer rebuffed his advances.

"He started bringing her presents and becoming a bit of a pain in the a**," a police source said. "When it became clear she wasn't interested in anything other than his money, he went to see the manager and demanded she be fired."

When those demands fell on deaf ears, he became unruly and was thrown out, the source said, only to return "a few minutes later ... waving the samurai."

Cops added that they later found an Uzi automatic weapon in his vehicle.

And as if that weren't enough, the bailed-out Yudelove, whose real name is Eric Steven Edelstein, allegedly took his car out of the NYPD pound without permission, drove back to the club and vowed to blow it to smithereens.

Police re-arrested him at his home on Saturday.

Now he's charged with tampering with evidence, intimidating witnesses and making terrorist threats.

Source: http://www.foxnews.c...,164424,00.html

Edit: Questions were removed because they were answered in another post.

Edited by Eric Yudelove

To quote Carlos Castaneda:

"Our fellow men are black magicians. And whoever is with them is a black magician on the spot. Think for a moment. Can you deviate from the path that your fellow men have lined up for you? And if you remain with them, your thoughts and your actions are fixed forever in their terms. That is slavery. The warrior, on the other hand, is free from all that. Freedom is expensive, but the price is not impossible to pay. So fear your captors, your masters. Don't waste your time or your power fearing freedom."

There are always those who think they know how you should live your life better than you do yourself. These are the true black magicians. Shun them like you would the plague.

Master Eric Yudelove

not a bad quote for casteneda, considering he has one of the worst reputations as a fraud and manipulative creep. that's another thing i havent read much in the last 20 years, but i guess i liked it for a while in my teens, the same time i was reading crowley. but anyway, the black magician metaphor resonates with my non conformity.

i guess i dont have much of a problem with authority anymore, since you rarely find it anywhere. On second thought, fear your captors? we have no captors, no masters. i remember once someone asked me if i thought we should be emancipated. "emancipated from what ?" i responded...

Edited by erdweir

To 'h.uriahr'

considering she's his husband and they have books they need to sell?

Sir, I think you've got it a little wrong.

She's my wife, not my husband. I'm her husband. The man is always the husband, not vice versa. I want you to remember that before you take your next puff.

I agree that she talks way too much about our sex life. I never mention it myself. She won't either, I don't think she'll ever post here again. But don't you wish you had a woman that would run you up the way she does me?

You would be a very lucky man to ever find a woman like Dian. She was a gymnast, runway and lingerie model, ballerina, lawyer(she went to the same law school as me) and a writer, she's also drop dead gorgeous, way sexy and a lot younger than me.

Also she didn't co-author my books and I don't depend on royalties to survive, I did very well as a criminal lawyer.

What have you accomplished in your life that you feel you can be so smug and judgmental about people you've never met? If you didn't have the internet to hide behind I really doubt you could look me in the eye and spout this nonsense.

I make it a point to never say anything to anyone online that I wouldn't say to them face to face. You should make a practice of this yourself.

Master Eric Yudelove

Eric i finally got me a screen saver - not as good as the last one LOL

BTW am curious why you post these type of pics of your wife on this forum.

"awarded master status (for a reason)"? Who exactly delegates/rewards one with the title of master status? I once heard a true master will never acknowledge/ refer to himself/ or even know he is a master; a lovely paradox paralleling the ambiguity of taoism. What exactly is this self-proclaimed master a master of? OH, yes one is still a self-proclaimed master if he embraces the title even if 6 billion others "award" one with this "nobility". Would a "master" engage in an internet feud? Would a master make all sorts of assertions and projections to reinforce his blatant insecurities? OH, the hilarity of the self-proclaimed master. There is much to learn from such a character, as there is to learn from everyone and everything, just make sure you're looking through the lens with the tag entitled "what NOT to do to be a TRUE taoist master". Very simply put, one's fire ego is one's undoing.

"awarded master status (for a reason)"? Who exactly delegates/rewards one with the title of master status? I once heard a true master will never acknowledge/ refer to himself/ or even know he is a master; a lovely paradox paralleling the ambiguity of taoism. What exactly is this self-proclaimed master a master of? OH, yes one is still a self-proclaimed master if he embraces the title even if 6 billion others "award" one with this "nobility". Would a "master" engage in an internet feud? Would a master make all sorts of assertions and projections to reinforce his blatant insecurities? OH, the hilarity of the self-proclaimed master. There is much to learn from such a character, as there is to learn from everyone and everything, just make sure you're looking through the lens with the tag entitled "what NOT to do to be a TRUE taoist master". Very simply put, one's fire ego is one's undoing.

I can't figure out why people are so rude on this website. I guess because you can be.

Live Long and Prosper.

Master Eric Yudelove

P.S. This is the pirate Tarot Jack and his beloved Not-Puppy, the fair Lady Jezebel Bad Cat, signing off. We sail today for distant shores.

Vaya Con Dios

Edited by Eric Yudelove

It is clear that a certain supposed Taoist teachings are of no actual taoist nature at all, but rather ego inflating cult-figure-praise and pseudo-insight. It is quite quite disturbing seeing the excess of worship from wife to husband, this is not healthy nor normal, I am somewhat concerned for the mental/emotional/spiritual health of an individual possibly brainwashed by an ego-energy vampire; how many times the word 'master' has appeared, I do not want to fathom, let alone the dubious "THE DRAGON MASTER" (quite disturbing to see one half refer to the other half as this title, numerous times) however overall I did get a wonderful laugh from it. This post is of no ill nature, I am merely conveying a message to those who seek the path of liberation from the ego, to those who seek proper instruction that false idols such as the....

(I can't bear to say such a ridiculous title again) are potential obstructions along the Path and may lead farther away from the Tao than where one is already at; why walk backwards in progress rather than forward?

"I connected with Eric Yudelove through emails and asked him lots of questions. At first it had seemed like I found a good teacher. Then a few months in things got really weird. He started talking about being " A walking dead man" and sending a dragon named Yoshio to fuck you when you sleep. he then started to get into alot of talk about sorcery and magic."

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/864-i-am-cameron-and-i-am-a-taoaholic/

interesting. Telling a prospective student that his dragon master will send a dragon named yoshio to stalk ones sleep?

threats of terrorism?

claims of a mercenary to somehow justify outrageous antics?

Clearly a master. A master of what I will not state.

I find all these people to be quite interesting in there own unique way.

As do I :D (Cam quote from the linked thread above)

We do seem to enjoy posting "judgements" of others here at TTB. Now on a discussion forum, everyone is entitled to an opinion, and I have one too :lol:

09_casting_stones_400.jpg

i don't know about anyone else, but this thread makes me smile in all my warm gooey places. :)

i stopped posting for a long time because of all the gullibility and fairytale seeking that sometimes gets normalized around here.

nice to see some healthy skepticism and criticism going on. people aren't tripping over each other trying to buy train tickets to the Dragon Lands. could this mean the Bums are maturing? or is it just that Yudelove made such a public blunder that even the gullible are questioning his legitimacy?

whatever it is, i say it's better to be judgmental and critical of this kind of thing than not. there are plenty of non-dubious sources from which to learn. and there are more than a lifetime's worth of teachings to be explored that DON'T make allusions to fantasy and unverifiable authority. but maybe that's just me.

either way, i think the criticisms on this thread are a good thing.

either way, i think the criticisms on this thread are a good thing.

I'm glad to see you back here :)

I also have fun criticising criticisms. and criticising criticisms of criticisms and then becoming sceptical of criticising criticisms of criticisms of criticisms... until it gets so silly that I can't help but laugh - and suddenly in that moment of laughter all self-importance pops like a bubble from a bubble pipe.

I greatly enjoyed every one of Eric's books and value his and his wife's bubbly presence on Tao Bums.

I think Mantak Chia told Yudelove he was a master. That's what is related in Chia's introduction to Yudelove's book. I dont know who, if anybody told Mantak Chia he was a grand master either. I dont know what exactly Yudelove would be a master of. I tried to get him to elucidate this, and he told me he was more of a warrior than an enlightenment seeker. But then his books are all about Neidan and Chi Kung, mostly derived from Chia's system as far as I can tell but restructured and re-organized with additional material from other sources. What exactly that all means I am not sure. But at least he has someone else telling him he is a master, so he's not quite a "self-proclaimed" master in that sense.

As far as Mantak Chia goes, he says he studied with a taoist hermit named "white cloud", as well as several other taoist masters i have never heard named. I think he stopped learning from "white cloud" when he was 18 or so supposedly. I have never heard who this white cloud really was, of what lineage, what generation of the lineage he was holding, etc. I have also never read anywhere that Mantak Chia, or Yudelove and Winn either, was a lineage holder in any taoist sect. So I am unclear on what that situation is. Maybe Yudelove can fill us in.

I just realized that Yudelove and Sparkle have withdrawn a number of their comments above, that's kind of too bad. It's a shame we could not figure a way of talking to them in a less confrontational way. I got caught in that position on another thread, but managed to de-escalate. maybe some others would care to do the same. It's obvious that Yudelove is a controversial figure. I dont get him myself. allot of that he says sound kind of silly to me, but we are not going to get to the truth of things by being jerks to him. take it from someone who has made the mistake already.

Edited by erdweir

So I am unclear on what that situation is. Maybe Yudelove can fill us in.

You mean fill you in. I for one am not interested.

Mal - Tao and the Tree of Life I enjoyed a lot.

Eric's books read very clearly and in a step by step manner - I found them much more accessible than Chia's material.

I was attempting to relate my comments to the ones posted above by fizix and others, which were directed toward Yudelove's (self?) proclaimed master status.

Mal - Tao and the Tree of Life I enjoyed a lot.

Eric's books read very clearly and in a step by step manner - I found them much more accessible than Chia's material.

I have Eric's book as well. Found it very helpful. IMO he presents excellent step by step instructions of the fundamental practices. Breathing, inner smile, healing sounds, standing forms are all introduced in good detail. If someone has a problem with Chia's program, they probably won't appreciate Yudelove's work. But we've been kicking that around here at TTB from the very beginning.

I may have recommended Taoist Yoga and Sexual Energy but after the whole ninja sword and uzi incident I think that it may not be a good idea. I've only ever glanced through the book, stopping in spots much longer than others because alot of the material doesnt really resonate with me. With that said I do think that he has a good step by step on bone breathing but the material isnt anything new, it is really detailed though.

I dont know Eric personally but with the whole denial of what really happened coupled with his obviously psychotic anger issues leads me to believe that the practices in his book may not be such a good idea. Either he quit training completely or his practices arent very grounding. Look, I understand that he's human and I understand that anyone can backslide in their progress but I personally think that pulling a sword and swearing to blow up a club coupled with the excuse that he was a working mercenary, means he's a bit delusional.

If you absolutely must drink the Cool-Aid then by all means go ahead. I'm broke so this isnt really even 2cents.

Blessings