hajimesaito

How can I send my love to someone far away?

I want to send my undying love to someone quite far from me. Is there any meditative way I can do that?

And is there any chant or meditative practice by which I can always keep my ego in control or perhaps even defeat it?

I know there are practices in Mahayana Buddhism, usually from Tibet, by which I can send love and compassion to "all sentient beings". Don't know about all sentient beings, but if I could do that only for a single being, then I would be really glad.

Thank you.

Edited by hajimesaito

I want to send my undying love to someone quite far from me. Is there any meditative way I can do that?

And is there any chant or meditative practice by which I can always keep my ego in control or perhaps even defeat it?

I know there are practices in Mahayana Buddhism, usually from Tibet, by which I can send love and compassion to "all sentient beings". Don't know about all sentient beings, but if I could do that only for a single being, then I would be really glad.

Thank you.

Just think of them and visualize them, and love them - they will receive your love instantly. Things don't need to be complicated, they are very simple.

Distance has no meaning.

If you can't see them in your mind, use their photo.

What I do is the following:

Visualise pure white light energy travelling from where you are, up to the sky and then forward following one of the four cardinal points until it reaches their geographical location. Then, I let it enter through the crowns of their heads.

If find this too complicated or requiring too much effort, follow Smile's advice.

The words "always" and "defeat" might cause problems. Maybe find a new way of formulating it?

The words "always" and "defeat" might cause problems. Maybe find a new way of formulating it?

:),

or yes, but it will take 50 years to perfect :o

Still, I like a technique where you begin meditation w/ a series of negations. My version is like this:

I am not my body

I am that which inhabits it

I am not my thoughts

they come and go like clouds in a clear sky

I am not my emotions

I honor them and let them flow like ripples on a pond

I am not my past

it is old patterns I can choose to let go of

I am not my future

that is projections and fears

I am not my family

I am not my possessions