Sign in to follow this  
DanC

Attune you body with Dao Yin by Hua Ching Ni

I received this book the other day and must say that I am very impressed with the detail

contained within this book, it outlines 49 Dao Yin postures as well as self massage techniques.

It also has lots of different meditation postures (Mudras) for different energy transformations and spiritual confirmations, I have never seen any of these Mudras before and there is 18 of them.

The book is written in a way which guides you and recommends you do what is comfortable for you, although he gives different groups of postures you can choose which group suits you and do them or you can do them all in order. I am also reading Master Ni's book "The Power of Natural Healing" which contains various lectures he has done regarding Mediation, Spiritual growth and Chi Kung, he is an advocate of emptiness mediation and offers some very good insights into his Taoist practices, very different to Mantak Chia.

Daniel

I received this book the other day and must say that I am very impressed with the detail

contained within this book, it outlines 49 Dao Yin postures as well as self massage techniques.

It also has lots of different meditation postures (Mudras) for different energy transformations and spiritual confirmations, I have never seen any of these Mudras before and there is 18 of them.

The book is written in a way which guides you and recommends you do what is comfortable for you, although he gives different groups of postures you can choose which group suits you and do them or you can do them all in order. I am also reading Master Ni's book "The Power of Natural Healing" which contains various lectures he has done regarding Mediation, Spiritual growth and Chi Kung, he is an advocate of emptiness mediation and offers some very good insights into his Taoist practices, very different to Mantak Chia.

Daniel

I have this book and will take another look. I remember waiting anxiously for it and being pretty disappointed with the *lack* of detail. But it was awhile ago, and maybe I can see more stuff in it now..was there anything in particular that 'wowed' you?

T

I have this book and will take another look. I remember waiting anxiously for it and being pretty disappointed with the *lack* of detail. But it was awhile ago, and maybe I can see more stuff in it now..was there anything in particular that 'wowed' you?

T

You're right it does lack a little detail, I guess I just like simple things becasue its easier to

comprehend, one thing is he doesn't state what the benefit of each posture is. At the moment Ive re-discovered Da Liu's books and just finished "Toaist Health Exercises" and ordered his Tai Chi and Meditation book as well, what I like about Da Liu is he doesn't try to dictate how one should live there life in regards to Morals and Ethics. This is the one thing about Mater Ni that Im not ready for at this stage, in his book he says stuff like we must let go of sexual desires and not have too much sex if we want to obtain spiritual fullfillment, personally I just cannot follow that way of life. I do these practices to cultivate Chi as well as mental clarity and physical strength, I look at these practices as a way to empower me and enable to live a happy and health life.

Daniel

what I like about Da Liu is he doesn't try to dictate how one should live there life in regards to Morals and Ethics. This is the one thing about Mater Ni that Im not ready for at this stage, in his book he says stuff like we must let go of sexual desires and not have too much sex if we want to obtain spiritual fullfillment, personally I just cannot follow that way of life.

I think with letting go of sexual desire, it should just happen naturally. Do your meditation, and with time the desire can drop, or maybe it becomes easier to control, at least it doesn't affect me so much anymore... The whole personality seems to slowly clean itself up...

I'm not sure whether he means we shouldn't have too much sex or we shouldn't ejaculate... If it is the second, that becomes much easier when the microcosmic orbit (or small universe) opens. It becomes incredibly easy - there's too much energy there, ok move it; there's too little energy there, ok move it.

Allan

Allan,

I don't think I ever want to let go of sexual desire, to me a man without sexual desire is

not a man anymore. I really enjoy Meditation and Chi Kung but I find doing these practices actually

helps your sexual performance and desire, just a question, why would anyone want to have no

sexual desires, personally I cannot think of anything worse?

Daniel

Allan,

I don't think I ever want to let go of sexual desire, to me a man without sexual desire is

not a man anymore. I really enjoy Meditation and Chi Kung but I find doing these practices actually

helps your sexual performance and desire, just a question, why would anyone want to have no

sexual desires, personally I cannot think of anything worse?

Daniel

LOL! Everything happens when you are ready for it Daniel. I certainly haven't let go of it by a long way, but I have found I can redirect it into more appropriate channels which is very helpful when you are married.

I found for the first two years of practice my sexual desire became a great deal higher than before, in the third it eased because I was able to redirect it, although I am expecting it will come in cycles of higher, then lower, then higher again.

And who said anything about sexual performance??? From experience that just keeps getting better with practice.

Also I don't think no sexual desire would mean that you would never make love, it just goes from a more physical process to a more loving and spiritual process. Actually thinking about it the sexual desire hasn't diminished, it has just changed form, gone from a primal must be satisfied instinct, to an act of love.

I love this forum, everytime I try to answer a question I learn a lot more myself. Thank you.

It seems a transformation rather than a disappearance. I believe Dirk Oellibrandt and Barry Long have a great deal of very interesting things to say about sexual desire and making love.

I'm going to get too intellectual here...

Thinking about it, I suppose there would be a point where the sexual process may internalise itself.

I have a friend who travelled to a mountain where a taoist there told him, "Everyone finds the dao when they are ready for it." Don't worry, your sexual desire won't transform or disappear until you are ready.

Allan

Interesting viewpoint Allan, Ive never looked at it that way. I think because Im single and truthfully a

bit of a sex addict I couldn't imagine having less sexual desires, maybe one day I will be in control

of my sexual desires, but I really like having a these strong desires, so until the time comes along Im

going to make the most out of this.

Daniel

Sign in to follow this