Sign in to follow this  
YMWong

Neigong

For those interested I have posted a video and the first step of instructions of a Neigong set included in various martial curriculums, and popularized by late Xingyi master Bao Ting in the 1920s

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Journal-of-Chinese-Martial-Studies/303546464693?v=wall#!/pages/Journal-of-Chinese-Martial-Studies/303546464693?v=wall

Best

YM

Great stuff!

thx

Hello YM,

Thanks for the link, very cool - do you have any recommendations or links for those that would like to learn more about these sets? Are there any translations of the instructions or any instructors you'd recommend?

Also very interesting that movements were repeated at a different angle of the torso, keeping more tension in the abdomen.

Cheers,

R

Great stuff!

thx

Hello YM,

Thanks for the link, very cool - do you have any recommendations or links for those that would like to learn more about these sets? Are there any translations of the instructions or any instructors you'd recommend?

Also very interesting that movements were repeated at a different angle of the torso, keeping more tension in the abdomen.

I don't know if there are any good teachers around for this set.

I have seen a few in China, and Taiwan where the routine is also popular, but I have seldom seen any quality.

The guy is in the video seems good, but I got that from a documentary so I don't know his identity.

I don't think this material has been translated before, if there is enough interest I might consider doing some more from that same source (Bao's 1922 text).

Best

YM

I don't think this material has been translated before, if there is enough interest I might consider doing some more from that same source (Bao's 1922 text).

Best

YM

I'm interested! Thou I don't think it's enough ?! :blush:

Hi YM,

Thanks for posting this very interesting material.

I am also keen on learning more.

Best regards,

-matt

Sign in to follow this