Tux

herbs for cleaning the lungs

Anyone know of any herbs that can be vaporized and inhaled that loosens up the gunk the gathers up in the lungs? I've smoked plenty of pot and cigarettes, no more cigs and I want to cough some of that stuff back out where it belongs.

Sorry you need to see a TCM practitioner for that. The stuff you inhale also affects the heart (fire), kidney-jing (water) and stomach (fire).

mullein is probably one of the best herbs for this, read up about it, see what you think. it would be beneficial in tea or tincture form, but could also be vaporized. mullein is often smoked in traditional native american ceremonies and rituals, and used as medicine as well.

mullein can be beneficial when smoked too. but depending on what kind of lung damage you have, taking it in other forms may be better. from my personal experience, and from what i have read, it seems that vaporizing can sometimes be harsher on the lungs than smoking. but thats up to you. either way you should read up on mullein.

my teacher says that mullein contains the lungs original imprint, that it helps the lungs return to their natural healthy state. sounds like thats what you need.

hope that helps!

Edited by immortal_sister
  • Like 1

Sorry you need to see a TCM practitioner for that. The stuff you inhale also affects the heart (fire), kidney-jing (water) and stomach (fire).

I agree with this. Any funny business with the lungs quickly throws the spleen out of hilt. If you have toxic build up, then mobilising the toxins without ensuring that your body's elimination capacity is also strengthened may just move the toxins elsewhere into the body where they can do serious harm.

You require therapeutic grade herbs and acupuncture, so please do follow durkhrod's advice and find yourself a good TCM or Ayurvedic practitioner.

How could the dried form of a plant in nature "contain

the original imprint" of a human organ?

its a metaphor. it simply means that mullein is said to restore the lungs to their original, natural, healthy state. those are just the terms that my teacher used to explain this to us.