Sign in to follow this  
ralis

Cultivation methodology other than retention.

There must be a million other ways of cultivation. What about using the energy in creative ways, rather than using the prostate as if it were some infinite reservoir. :wacko:

The gland itself is only the size of a walnut.

ralis

Edited by ralis

I like Michael Winn's teaching that rather than seeing the dantian as a battery-like storage center, view it as a portal to the infinite chi field within us. So 'storing' chi becomes widening the portal. This enhances flow.

It is a beautiful paradigm-shift.

Retention is not the only way to develop qi. It is a method of revitalize the endocrine system through circulation of electrochemical and biological hormones created through sperm/egg activity.

There is collection of qi in the dantien: thermal radiation, fascial, biochemical, electrochemical, electromagnetic and combinations thereof.

Spiritual energy is stored in generalized regions, but primarily in the heart and brain.

You can also turn jing into qi and store the essence in bone. Or store qi as fascial/tendon strength. Or store qi as muscular strength, but this moves it from qi into li.

Qi is a generalized concept that can be broken into many parts which is the main problem with translation into English from Chinese.

:)

There must be a million other ways of cultivation. What about using the energy in creative ways, rather than using the prostate as if it were some infinite reservoir. :wacko:

Friend,

you said it: its not infinite. There is a also a good sayin': "its not u coming its u going".

Friend,

you said it: its not infinite. There is a also a good sayin': "its not u coming its u going".

are you saying that "it's not infinite" is like a tautology, where, umm... nothing ever is?

and, is it "pun intended" for your good sayin' ?

are you saying that "it's not infinite" is like a tautology, where, umm... nothing ever is?

i am saying that "it is not infinite," is a fact. and "nothing ever is " is a fact. now gotta put 2 and 2 together.

the reason you look for other ways i presume is that you do not like to retent.. but dont you think that another method would give you something without you doing something in return that is to suffer? :)

for example look at automobile transportation, in comparison to traveling au foot its faster but it costs money pollutes the environment etc

although following that logic we could as well give up the business of existing altogether and would end up with about the same amount of fulfillment

Edited by gj551

the reason you look for other ways i presume is that you do not like to retent.. but dont you think that another method would give you something without you doing something in return that is to suffer? :)

for example look at automobile transportation, in comparison to traveling au foot its faster but it costs money pollutes the environment etc

although following that logic we could as well give up the business of existing altogether and would end up with about the same amount of fulfillment

I just think the idea that retention will lead to some greater state of being is kinda kinda silly really. But thats just me :P

Maybe if I saw that this isn't just some kinda superstition I'd think differently, but as I see things now it just seems like a sacrifice with no real benefits. Maybe you focus more with your mind off sex, or you focus less as you begin to obsess over this whole thing, I don't know.

Men's typical imbalance is to be turned on too much of the time, and retention often makes that worse. I think that the critical first step (often skipped) for male sexual energy cultivation is to be able to skillfully honor the yin part of your cycle. That is, to be able to cool down, circulate, be "not sexy" for a natural healthy tempo - then have regular normal active sex (yes, including ej) when it's time for that.

SineWave.jpg

I think that men typically skip over "normal healthy" and try for "advanced superman" and on that basis it often doesn't work out well in the long run.

How're you gonna have healthy yang if you don't know healthy yin?

YinYangCartoon.jpg

Sign in to follow this