beoman

Did I feel Qi while high?

Hello all,

I've read some of the topics about weed + qi here. What I gathered from the discussion is that "It can help you feel Qi / 'glimpse through the key hole', but it won't get you anywhere."

I smoked last night and I decided to meditate. I've meditated around 30 mins a day for 8 weeks, not too much. I haven't done Qi meditation or anything, just breathing. However, a few days ago I started reading up on Qi. I definitely felt something, but I'm wondering if it was a delusion or if it was Qi. Note I was cross-legged, not in lotus, not in a very 'good' pose.

While meditating, I realized my mind was wandering. I intellectually realized that I should stop, and then I just stopped. At that point I felt a wave of... maybe I'd call it "energy", but definitely a full sensation in my body.

I noticed what felt like a ball of energy forming about 1" above my belly button. As I noticed it, I felt it going upwards while rotating. I could feel it passing upward past my lips, and I guess it ended in the 3rd eye region.

I read about how the "hara" is the center of the body, so I tried focusing on the hara. Once I started doing this, once in a while I felt the energy greatly intensify and go upwards more quickly. It was almost overwhelming, but not quite. I tried to get the feeling to happen, but it only worked sometimes. Then I realized I got the feeling only when I was breathing in. So maybe it was just my blood pressure increasing with the breath?

The thought came up that my thinking of these as "balls" was an illusion, so I tried dropping that preconception. At this point the energy felt more like a shaft going directly from my stomach upwards.

I felt that the muscles around my stomach were being stimulated + were twitching because of the energy. Then I noticed it might have been cold in the room, so maybe I was shivering because of that. I couldn't tell if I was cold, though.

I also had sensations around my head. You know how if you put your head slowly in water, you can feel the "line" of water as it goes up your head? I felt a "line" like that, separating an energized part of my body from the unenergized part. I tried to energize my whole body. Any idea what that might have been?

Anyway, I was wondering if my mind was making things up based on what I had read the past few days, or if I felt something. I understand if it's impossible to answer. I'm going to try doing this sober and see what I feel.

It's normal to feel all sorts of sensations. It's not qi, but is a side effect of it.

Yep - nice thinking about qi and stuff - all sticks nicely in there when you're getting to not thinking...

when you're getting to not thinking...

Yes, THC can put you in touch with that, gives you a glimpse if you like. But you can do all that and much more without it :) As long as you don't fall into "I need this to do X" i.e. addiction err yes it can be great fun to play with IMHO B)

But in a synchronous event I was doing some energy work last night and actually thought "wow this is MUCH more trippy than drugs"

Oh BTW beoman welcome to the 'bums. Hope you have fun here :)

Hello all,

I've read some of the topics about weed + qi here. What I gathered from the discussion is that "It can help you feel Qi / 'glimpse through the key hole', but it won't get you anywhere."

I smoked last night and I decided to meditate. I've meditated around 30 mins a day for 8 weeks, not too much. I haven't done Qi meditation or anything, just breathing. However, a few days ago I started reading up on Qi. I definitely felt something, but I'm wondering if it was a delusion or if it was Qi. Note I was cross-legged, not in lotus, not in a very 'good' pose.

While meditating, I realized my mind was wandering. I intellectually realized that I should stop, and then I just stopped. At that point I felt a wave of... maybe I'd call it "energy", but definitely a full sensation in my body.

I noticed what felt like a ball of energy forming about 1" above my belly button. As I noticed it, I felt it going upwards while rotating. I could feel it passing upward past my lips, and I guess it ended in the 3rd eye region.

I read about how the "hara" is the center of the body, so I tried focusing on the hara. Once I started doing this, once in a while I felt the energy greatly intensify and go upwards more quickly. It was almost overwhelming, but not quite. I tried to get the feeling to happen, but it only worked sometimes. Then I realized I got the feeling only when I was breathing in. So maybe it was just my blood pressure increasing with the breath?

The thought came up that my thinking of these as "balls" was an illusion, so I tried dropping that preconception. At this point the energy felt more like a shaft going directly from my stomach upwards.

I felt that the muscles around my stomach were being stimulated + were twitching because of the energy. Then I noticed it might have been cold in the room, so maybe I was shivering because of that. I couldn't tell if I was cold, though.

I also had sensations around my head. You know how if you put your head slowly in water, you can feel the "line" of water as it goes up your head? I felt a "line" like that, separating an energized part of my body from the unenergized part. I tried to energize my whole body. Any idea what that might have been?

Anyway, I was wondering if my mind was making things up based on what I had read the past few days, or if I felt something. I understand if it's impossible to answer. I'm going to try doing this sober and see what I feel.

a few months ago (?), i had posted a new topic titled, "expectations creating sensations," which refers to exactly what you're asking about. check it out via search and see if it interests you. at the beginning of my post, i probably would have said your expectations may have created/influenced these sensations. at the end of my post, my opinion is that it really doesn't matter. what matters is that you have these sensations to work with and whether or not you feel these expectations/sensations are helping you reach whatever goals you have set for yourself. to me, it's not that important what you "label" these sensations- qui, side effects, or hallucinations... it's what you "do" with them. but yea... it's really important to practice this sober as well.