Sign in to follow this  
tumoessence

anyone read this guy's books?

I wonder what the candle method could be? Flame meditation or making it move?

It's informational, not instructional.

I tend to prefer that in books, is the whole book like that (of just the candle bit). My pet hate in martial arts books is a brief overview followed by pages and pages of pictures and instructions teaching forms or techniques. Useful if you have no teacher or if you know a style and want reference material. But I like discussion of concepts and ideas, where I feel books can really excel.

I have one of his books since starting the topic and it si informational, but it is information that I can use.

He has a dvd offered at amazon which I will get in the next few weeks. From a review on amazon it looks like he demonstrates some real skill. I will give a review. I will also get his latest book.

THe book I have is The Ancient Art of Lazhu Fangfa. I also have his DVD. In the DVD he does arm circles and puts out the candle throughout the entire dvd while explaining or I should say defining certain principles.

I was disappointed with the book. When I said informational, I meant like a dictionary. It's a tai chi dictionary basically. Personally I was a bit bummed with it. He does go into some detail about the different levels of training which was pretty cool and the bit about flying was cool too. DVD? Take a pass.

Sign in to follow this