Aria

Cold Hands

Lately this past year my hands seem to get cold very easily. I though it was due to low blood pressure, but I have seen a nurse lately and they say I am perfectly fine. Another friend said that it may be due to energy blockages and told me how to open them but I haven't been successful maybe because I am not understanding what I need to do. I was thinking of seeing an acupuncturist, but I thought I would see what people think and suggest.

Lately this past year my hands seem to get cold very easily. I though it was due to low blood pressure, but I have seen a nurse lately and they say I am perfectly fine. Another friend said that it may be due to energy blockages and told me how to open them but I haven't been successful maybe because I am not understanding what I need to do. I was thinking of seeing an acupuncturist, but I thought I would see what people think and suggest.

I use to have the same problem as you, especially after qigong in the morning, here's my thread:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/12252-cold-hands-during-practice

Now I can say that it was an energy blokage problem: lately my hands are often warm; they turn cold again when I have an imbalance - insomnia, a cold, etc. If I meditate crossed legged, just 2 minutes of belly breathing and my hands turn warm again.

Do you practice meditation every day ? If you do and you're hands start to be colder than usual, don't worry, it will solve by itself. I think you have to get rid of that cold, so the meditation process is actually working well.

Just take care of you and of your meditation practice, like having a correct posture, good food, overall stability and balance (emotional, physical).

Be well

Thank you lol. For some reason I hadn't thought to look at past threads. I used to meditate everyday but now its on and off because I am practicing dreaming right now. I've been meaning to restart meditation fully again though. I can tell I need to.

I had been cold, especially my hands, for most of my life. This might have roots in energy blocks, I am not sure. But something that did (or does) help me is coconut oil, to be more specific organic unrefined (sometimes called virgin) coconut oil. I had read that it has a warming effect on the body, though I started including it in my diet for other reasons. After I started eating it have not had problems feeling cold, even in my hands.

Sounds like a circulation problem, which is often connected with deficiencies in the lungs and/or heart. It may be related to blockages that arise from incorrect practice, poor breathing or posture, low energy from long-term poor lifestyle, emotional or physical trauma, or other things. Hard to say with just one symptom!

Thank you lol. For some reason I hadn't thought to look at past threads. I used to meditate everyday but now its on and off because I am practicing dreaming right now. I've been meaning to restart meditation fully again though. I can tell I need to.

what's the practice of dreaming ? :)

I had been cold, especially my hands, for most of my life. This might have roots in energy blocks, I am not sure. But something that did (or does) help me is coconut oil, to be more specific organic unrefined (sometimes called virgin) coconut oil. I had read that it has a warming effect on the body, though I started including it in my diet for other reasons. After I started eating it have not had problems feeling cold, even in my hands.

I'll check that out. I've been mainly using flaxseed oid lately due to gallstone problems.

Sounds like a circulation problem, which is often connected with deficiencies in the lungs and/or heart. It may be related to blockages that arise from incorrect practice, poor breathing or posture, low energy from long-term poor lifestyle, emotional or physical trauma, or other things. Hard to say with just one symptom!

Wow. Probably many of those. This past year I've been turning my life around in many ways. Including losing weight. I was unhealthy for so long and now I eat more local organic foods or just more fresh in general at the moment and running three times a week and walking more.

what's the practice of dreaming ? :)

It's kind of like meditating. I learned of it from a friend who practices Toltec stuff from Theun Mares books. I am starting the first stage where you teach your body to relax and then you watch your thoughts allowing yourself to fall into just feeling. Then dreams arise out of it. They've shown me meaningful things whether its from someone coming to me and talking about what I am concerned about or hearing music and starting to sing my harmony to its song.

It's kind of like meditating. I learned of it from a friend who practices Toltec stuff from Theun Mares books. I am starting the first stage where you teach your body to relax and then you watch your thoughts allowing yourself to fall into just feeling. Then dreams arise out of it. They've shown me meaningful things whether its from someone coming to me and talking about what I am concerned about or hearing music and starting to sing my harmony to its song.

It sounds interesting, I'll look more into it - thx!