Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

The CST system

i love the CST system. the more i work with it, the more i love it.

i feel that it is a system which if practiced faithfully (meaning you develop yourself within the system to such an extent that your training becomes entirely intuitive, innovative and spontaneous, thus transcending the system itself) will lead to physical mastery, mastery of the third dimension.

i am enjoying the ride and i am still very much at the beginning, but i'm far enough along to realise i have definately moved.

i'm far enough along to realise i have definately moved.

How has it changed you?

I've noticed a systematic increase of relaxation and flow in the past 6 months of it. Subtle, but definitely noticeable and consistent. If this slight improvement continues at this pace for the next few years... that'd be nice.

The one big change is that I no longer sleep with a tight jaw. In another year, I'll be a good ole slack jaw southerner!

Amen!

the two most noticable elements are, firstly the weird degree of mobility now in my joints. in particular my thoracic vertebrae and hips. i am becoming more and more 'rubbery'.

the second is my level of fitness. i do no cardio workouts but do be-breathed and do the xtension circuit yet somehow i have managed to get very fit. i ride my bike long distances without getting puffed. also when riding i seem to be able to get into a 'flow state' as i read it defined by steven barnes.... in that i am riding and suddenly i am at the end of my ride without even realising i got there.... i was just so involved in it that the time dissapeared.

i expect a lot more benefits to occurr as time passes.

Awesome review, thanks! I'm not yet at rubbery, but I can definitely move better. I'm wondering if I am more rooted. My brother tried a good hearted surprise shove on me and he was the one who moved. Perhaps my body is getting better at keeping its balance.

oh yeah... balance.

forgot to mention that, my balance has gotten way better.

i still have problems in my knees, so i am going to go and get that seen to by an ART therapist.

i'm just about to buy my first set of big clubbells (15 lbs).... i think.

it's so expensive to have them come to australia, but really it's not the money which bothers me (i mean can i swing my money around and get incredible strength and agility and so forth???) but its the weight when travelling..... i am intending (subject to change, of course) to go to thailand in about 6-7 months for about 6 or more months. want to go there and chill without working and just write my stories and exercise. i will definately want to take them with me...... but it means i will be so limited in anything else i can take (although if i fly with thai airways, being a frequent flyer i can take 32 kg, and the 15's plus the mini's will take up 18 of that... still enough i guess).... and then say i decide to travel onwards from there?

haha see the predicament i am in?

i guess i could always just sell them or leave them with a friend.......

i don't like to stay in just one spot, but my aim is to eventually (1-2 years away) go to US and become CST certified, so i definately need to begin working with the clubs!

How about buying two sledge hammers and cutting the handles down? Sure, you have to be mindful, but you have to be mindful of regular clubbells too. That might fit in better with the jetsetting lifestyle.

hmmm.... nahhh.... i don't think its the same. i would never carry the sledgehammers with me, but clubs, i would.

my lifestyle aint that jetsetting, i do intend to stay fixed for at least 6 months in thailand and i will have a homebase when i intend to move again that i will keep coming back to.....

so.... fuckit, im gonna get them. they will outlive me anyways i'm sure, so when you think of it like that... it's not really that huge an investment (besides being on unemployment benefits and living at home with parents... it is actually the government paying hahaha!)

I'm just using my 5lb clubs right now, but I look forward to toughing up to start swinging a sledge! It gives me a bit of a Viking/Thor rush.

Is anyone on here in to Ba Gua Zhang AND CST? I would love to hear some 'compare and contrast' between the 2.

I wonder if doing Ba Gua with an iron ball in each hand will be the next fitness craze.. I'm gonna go copyright Ballbells right now... or should it be Baballs..?

Edited by 8trigrammer

It's been done. However unless you have excellent structure and shen fa it's just going to load the shoulders. This leads to local tension and is counter productive to whole body power.

Sign in to follow this