Sign in to follow this  
Apech

Sem priest Egyptian Shaman

I like this so I thought I would post it for anyone interested.

Just click on the pics to go to the next stage.

Tekenu

A.

Very cool. Thanks for that. Interesting how all shamanic traditions (including Tibetan Buddhist) include dealing with the yin world in order to gather spirit knowledge. Now, do egyptologists know what method did Sem priests use to access other astral planes? I am very curious about this.

Very cool. Thanks for that. Interesting how all shamanic traditions (including Tibetan Buddhist) include dealing with the yin world in order to gather spirit knowledge. Now, do egyptologists know what method did Sem priests use to access other astral planes? I am very curious about this.

A lot a Egyptologists would dispute the shamanic nature of the religion ... because they don't understand it .. but putting this aside a few things are clear. The methods would involve a) contemplating death + after death states b ) ritual including gesture (mudra) and the use of incense c) dream state work d) chanting/ repetition of verses and so on. I don't know about the use of drugs although they had a good medical knowledge and used herbs and so on.

I'm interested in the way in which the Sem priest wraps himself in animal skin. This is a recuring theme which appears in what is called the Sed festival - the king goes through this at his jubilee (usually after 30 year reign) where he wraps himself up to be 'reborn' or renewed, also there is a symbol related to Anubis (the god of embalming) called Imy-Ut ('he who is in his wrappings'). It seems like a kind of cocooning which allows internal transformation to occur. I don't know if other traditions have this.

Edited by apepch7

I'm interested in the way in which the Sem priest wraps himself in animal skin. This is a recuring theme which appears in what is called the Sed festival - the king goes through this at his jubilee (usually after 30 year reign) where he wraps himself up to be 'reborn' or renewed, also there is a symbol related to Anubis (the god of embalming) called Imy-Ut ('he who is in his wrappings'). It seems like a kind of cocooning which allows internal transformation to occur. I don't know if other traditions have this.

Native Americans used to wrap themselves in wild animal skins to gain power and wisdom of the particular animal.

navajoshaman.jpg

Siberian shamans used to do that as well (brown owl skin I read in various texts), not sure about today but some probably will still carry on with the ancient tradition.

Btw, Siberian shamanism is empowered by an extremely strong energy vortex centered at Mt Belukha in the Altai Mountains. I have been dying to pay a visit to Mt Belukha for a long time now as I heard a number of mystics inhabit the area and it wouldn't be surprising to meet the odd Chinese Taoist. :)

Native Americans used to wrap themselves in wild animal skins to gain power and wisdom of the particular animal.

navajoshaman.jpg

Siberian shamans used to do that as well (brown owl skin I read in various texts), not sure about today but some probably will still carry on with the ancient tradition.

Btw, Siberian shamanism is empowered by an extremely strong energy vortex centered at Mt Belukha in the Altai Mountains. I have been dying to pay a visit to Mt Belukha for a long time now as I heard a number of mystics inhabit the area and it wouldn't be surprising to meet the odd Chinese Taoist. :)

That's interesting - Mt Beluhka sounds a place worth visiting.

A lot of what is powerful in Ancient Egypt seems to go back to the kind of nomadic hunter gatherer pre-dynastic culture which existed in the Saharan region (prior to climate change to desert) - based on cattle ... hence the predominance of Hathor and other goddesses as cows and bulls-gods. The Sem priest wears a leopard skin but seems to be wrapping himself in cow hide.

That's interesting - Mt Beluhka sounds a place worth visiting.

A lot of what is powerful in Ancient Egypt seems to go back to the kind of nomadic hunter gatherer pre-dynastic culture which existed in the Saharan region (prior to climate change to desert) - based on cattle ... hence the predominance of Hathor and other goddesses as cows and bulls-gods. The Sem priest wears a leopard skin but seems to be wrapping himself in cow hide.

I know what you mean, unfortunately we know little about Ancient Egypt. I am not convinced either about Egyptologists' work who don't seem to go below the surface.

Same as the lost kindgom of Atlantis, mentioned by Plato in dialogues Timaeus and Critias. Really, we know nothing about this fascinating issue.

I know what you mean, unfortunately we know little about Ancient Egypt. I am not convinced either about Egyptologists' work who don't seem to go below the surface.

Same as the lost kindgom of Atlantis, mentioned by Plato in dialogues Timaeus and Critias. Really, we know nothing about this fascinating issue.

If you mean do they (the Egyptologists) understand the religion - you are right they don't (although there are few who make valiant efforts to get some meaning e.g Hornung). On linguistics and standard archeology you can't fault them.

I'm agnostic on Atlantis - although I am absolutely sure that there was a tradition which preceded recorded history.

If you mean do they (the Egyptologists) understand the religion - you are right they don't (although there are few who make valiant efforts to get some meaning e.g Hornung). On linguistics and standard archeology you can't fault them.

I'm agnostic on Atlantis - although I am absolutely sure that there was a tradition which preceded recorded history.

For what it's worth, I am aware that some Western masters have talked about accessing the Akashic records. Samael Aun Woer was one such master and he wrote extensively on various esoteric subjects... He does make reference to both Egyptian meditations methods and the history of Atlantis. He wrote over 50 books, however, and having only read one or two I am in no position to inform you any further :/

James

What I found interesting was that he was in a position very similar to the yoga asana, child's pose. An asana in which I personally have experienced very profound openings.

Thanks for the link.

This is a famous Buddhist monk who live next to Mt Belukha.. you can read his works over here..

http://beluha.net/2009-03-29-01-47-03/2009-09-30-02-55-28.html

This is a famous Buddhist monk who live next to Mt Belukha.. you can read his works over here..

Thanks a lot, KoHsuan! The whole area ranging from lake Baikal (most powerful Yin point of this planet) to the Caspian sea including the Himalayan mtns and the Karakoram range is extremely conducive to spiritual practices and attainments.

Well, you've met one -- though not Chinese -- I was conceived there and spent the first year of my life in Altai.:)

My father climbed Belukha right before fathering me. I have pictures in the family album...

How about Norway? Are the energetics beneficial? Norwegians strike me as one of the least spiritual and especially the least transcendence seeking people on earth. But I have also read that we are situated on top of the worlds crown chakra :ninja:

Edited by markern

How about Norway? Are the energetics beneficial? Norwegians strike me as one of the least spiritual and especially the least transcendence seeking people on earth. But I have also read that we are situated on top of the worlds crown chakra :ninja:

Norwegian Cave man has been living in the mountains like an eremite for 30 years.

He seems to like the energy B)

http://fx.no/sn%C3%B8hulemannen-hovedsak-i-a-magasinet/

Norwegians strike me as one of the least spiritual and especially the least transcendence seeking people on earth.

Isn't that more spiritual?

Well, you've met one -- though not Chinese -- I was conceived there and spent the first year of my life in Altai.:)...

I don't recall meeting you at all..or maybe in another lifetime in Shambhala but I forgot ;)

My father climbed Belukha right before fathering me. I have pictures in the family album...

Pictures of your conception!

Sign in to follow this