Sign in to follow this  
AugustLeo

Personal Forum Control

please set subforum control so that personal forum owners can actually manage their own subforums. Or - let us know if that's no longer an option.

It shouldn't have changed with the upgrade so in your forum you should still be able to :-

delete others posts and topics

close and open topics

pin and unpin topics

set topics visible/invisible

basically just like a moderator in your own domain :)

I just checked your settings and you should have all of that, but if your trying to use

"Post moderation with selected"

That doesn't seem to work (at least not for me) so try topic moderation and to delete posts use the delete icon at the bottom of each post.

Hope that helps

Michael :D great to hear from you again, hope everything is awesome.

There is a toggle I can access.

"Can set topics as visible and invisible?"

"Can set posts as visible and invisible?"

Both are set to yes for owners of personal practice sections.

I just had a look at your settings and they appear to be active for you so let me know if it's not working.

However multi topic moderation (that Post moderation with selected) is switched off.

Is there a help page which describes how to moderate the Personal Subforums?

Would be nice wouldn't it, there is some general Invision V3 power board stuff on the net, but it's more on how the bulletin board works.

Like life, about the only way to find out is to poke the buttons and see what happens :) So I'm going to try an unapprove this post to see if I can remember how it work :lol:

So I'm going to try an unapprove this post to see if I can remember how it work :lol:

Yes that is weird it seems to do ..... absolutely nothing ?!?

Don't you just love control panels with lot's of toggle options when you don't really know what any of them do

(re the requests every now and then to turn the polls back on)

- Hope Sean has backed up the server recently :lol:

Anyhow I know set topic invisible works, it will turn it pink and only the forum owner can see it. BUT the access the moderators have is global, which means we can see invisible topics, although we respect the attempt at privacy and do not read the threads.

But confusingly the next moderator control panel option is "Can set posts as visible and invisible?" it puts the button up on your screen, but that's all it seems to do, weird.

Anyhow.

I have a few locked threads in my section (usually links) That's fun as it stops people turning them into conversations.

Also delete post will toss into the rubish bin a post you don't want in your thread (note - no undelete option)

T Is there a help page

Actually looks like there is on the front page active content tab linked (and probably from elsewhere also)

=1"]link

then click on the Help Files tab

(They are just generic help files so could refer to features not implemented etc. and are perhaps only as useful as any generic user manual )

Sign in to follow this