jinjujitsu

The Gift of Tao - Ya Mu's DVD

I've been practicing the Gift of the Tao. I noticed last night that even though my wife wanted to go out for drinks, I strongly felt the need to practice Gift of the Tao instead. I felt better after. ;) I hope I can catch a workshop in the future.

Sounds to me as if you are practicing Listening. Very Good!

I sometimes do the movements very fast and sometimes very slow. INITIALLY it is very difficult to stop the world while moving fast.

Is this the KEY to true martial arts, moving very fast while stopping the world?

Is this the KEY to true martial arts, moving very fast while stopping the world?

The Gift of the Tao have no martial applications as they are strictly an energetic system. And I am not a martial artist so am not the person who should address this. I would think, though, that it would have a lot to do with it. Eliminating distractions seems to be key in a lot of arts.

Ya Mu,

When practicing Gift of the Tao, is it important to do all of the movements on the dvd in each practice session or can some be left out? If its ok to leave some out/only do a few, do they need to be done in the same sequence as on the dvd or can one go out of order?

thanks-

Ya Mu,

When practicing Gift of the Tao, is it important to do all of the movements on the dvd in each practice session or can some be left out? If its ok to leave some out/only do a few, do they need to be done in the same sequence as on the dvd or can one go out of order?

thanks-

Ya Mu can probably give a more detailed answer, however it is to my knowledge that the movements should all be done and in the given order as each movement actually takes you through a new shift in energy vibration, so you shouldn't skip any when practicing it.

Ya Mu can probably give a more detailed answer, however it is to my knowledge that the movements should all be done and in the given order as each movement actually takes you through a new shift in energy vibration, so you shouldn't skip any when practicing it.

This is correct.

Try to learn the whole sequence.

But that said, each movement will also stand on it's own as a particular vibration. Sometimes I just feel like grabbing one of them and doing it, because it is the particular thing I need at the time.

Thanks for your response, Michael. Out of curiosity, do you regularly supplement with Chinese Herbs or do you feel like practicing your chikung is enough and its unnecessary for those practicing your system?

Thanks for your response, Michael. Out of curiosity, do you regularly supplement with Chinese Herbs or do you feel like practicing your chikung is enough and its unnecessary for those practicing your system?

I don't think anyone should play with Chinese Herbs - much too powerful. Take when needed is my personal method.

I have been practicing GOT 1 for awhile ...

Ayes should be oppened or closed?

Jox ... :)

Generally speaking, do the GOT exercises with your eyes open and the Stillness-Movement (seated & standing) with eyes closed. After you've been doing GOT for a while and the moves & transitions have become second-nature, try doing them with eyes closed. I find the dynamics are different and I often close my eyes while doing them.

• Like 1

I have been practicing GOT 1 for awhile ...

Ayes should be oppened or closed?

Jox ... :)

Brian has the right of it.

I would also suggest that, since Gift of the Tao gets BIG, especially when doing them outside, that it is good to have the eyes open to know where you stepping :)

• Like 2

CAN be done in a hotel room, if necessary.A meadow works much better, though.

I'll try to remember to walk off the area I cover and post it here...

How much space do you need to practice these movements?

Thanks.

If you have just a few sq feet then you compress the moves to fit your space. I have done the full sets in very small places. But eventually you will want a large outdoor area cause they can get really BIG.

And I much prefer larger spaces which sure makes it tough for a venue for my workshops as I want everyone to have the ability to experience the full expression.

But, heck, I have done the moves in elevators. Kinda weird, though, when you are halfway through a move and the door opens with someone standing there. :)

• Like 8

LMAO Yeah, that's even more odd than doing it in a cramped hotel room where you have to stop every five seconds to turn 90 degrees or move two steps (or both) to fit the next movement. Actually, one of my biggest break-throughs happened in a cramped hotel in Denver when I was at a work-related conference...

EDIT: LAMP was supposed to be LMAO (Stupid Smartphone...) Fixed it.

Edited by Brian

LAMP Yeah, that's even more odd than doing it in a cramped hotel room where you have to stop every five seconds to turn 90 degrees or move two steps (or both) to fit the next movement. Actually, one of my biggest break-throughs happened in a cramped hotel in Denver when I was at a work-related conference...

Yes, it is interesting that sometimes the most un-thought-of-beforehand places will yield some of the most amazing experiences with the Gift of the Tao movements. Although I much prefer doing the movements in nature, out-of-doors, where I am the only one around for miles, I have found that Tao doesn't discriminate and that these breakthroughs you mention are often in the most unexpected places.

• Like 3

I have also practiced GOT now for a while and I also took part in Michael’s most excellent distance workshop. I remember that I had bought GOT some years ago already and after the first time I watched it, I thought that it was weird and I did not get what it was all about. Years passed, I practiced with other teachers, my sensitivity grew and a about a week before I signed in for the workshop this year I put the DVD in the recorder for the first time after years. The reaction was the same as most people react that seem to be ready for it and that was something like “Wow! What is going on here? Laughing, shaking, bliss!” lol*

I later described it to a friend (who is not a practitioner but an interested listener) like that:

“Imagine that there are higher levels to life just like a building has several floors. You made it to the first floor and you know for a fact that there is a second floor, third floor etc. And sometimes you get glimpses of these upper floors but the impression is not clear – a vague notion of their existence. Practicing GOT at times is like someone has ripped the ceiling away and you can feel the full impact of those floors.”

Experiencing it for the first time was almost overwhelming for me. GOT is very powerful! Highly recommended - as is Michael’s Stillness Movement Neigong!. Very powerful stuff with a strong lineage energy and very strong higher energy information!

Edited by Pai_Mei
  • Like 5

CAN be done in a hotel room, if necessary.A meadow works much better, though. I'll try to remember to walk off the area I cover and post it here...

I did GOT I in the snow last week and guestimated my "footprint" to be about 15'x25'.

• Like 2

I was doing GOT I last Sunday and had a unusual experience. All of a sudden I got the strong sensation that I was being watched. I turned around and saw what appeared to be a dense energy body moving into the room with me.

This kind of freaked me out to say the least, but it was also very energizing. I continued my practice and I could feel an almost immediate difference in the quality of the movements. One move in particular (the one right before zig-zag through ghostland) was seriously energized. I felt like my body was plugged in to a power outlet.

That was the peak though. After that move the energy slowly decrescendo-ed back down to about what I'm used to.

It just occurred to me that I forgot to thank whoever (whatever) was watching me practice. :( I guess in that moment I was a little apprehensive about it. Looking back, it seems like a blessing.

• Like 5

I have had observers, too. Seems to be not-uncommon within the system.

;)

• Like 2

I have also practiced GOT now for a while and I also took part in Michael’s most excellent distance workshop. I remember that I had bought GOT some years ago already and after the first time I watched it, I thought that it was weird and I did not get what it was all about. Years passed, I practiced with other teachers, my sensitivity grew and a about a week before I signed in for the workshop this year I put the DVD in the recorder for the first time after years. The reaction was the same as most people react that seem to be ready for it and that was something like “Wow! What is going on here? Laughing, shaking, bliss!” lol*

I later described it to a friend (who is not a practitioner but an interested listener) like that:

“Imagine that there are higher levels to life just like a building has several floors. You made it to the first floor and you know for a fact that there is a second floor, third floor etc. And sometimes you get glimpses of these upper floors but the impression is not clear – a vague notion of their existence. Practicing GOT at times is like someone has ripped the ceiling away and you can feel the full impact of those floors.”

Experiencing it for the first time was almost overwhelming for me. GOT is very powerful! Highly recommended - as is Michael’s Stillness Movement Neigong!. Very powerful stuff with a strong lineage energy and very strong higher energy information!

Very interesting way of describing the Gift of the Tao. Yes, when a person just looks at the DVD without actually trying the practice, it is totally impossible for them to be able to have any idea what these moves are about. As energy patterns as seen on the higher levels, when a person duplicates these patterns and shifts with each move, wondrous happenings occur for the energy body, raising the vibrations to the higher levels.

You were a joy to have in the distance class.

• Like 2

Thank you very much for your kind words. And it was a joy and honour being in your presence, Laoshi. I sincerely hope it was just the beginning.

• Like 1