jinjujitsu

The Gift of Tao - Ya Mu's DVD

There are many movement qigong systems. The Gift of the Tao: Vibratory Acts of Power movement system referenced in my sig below is a highly efficient energetic system and can actually be learned from the DVD. A combination qigong practice of internal meditative style and movement style seems to be the best balanced and more efficient way of cultivating qi. There are many systems out there but it seems that many folks never consider efficiency.

I checked out Ya Mu's site for information on his DVD but there is not much info about it. What I would like to know is:

- What is the DVD all about? Qigong, Neigong?

- The DVD page talks of 'shamanic movements'. Is the technique same as stillness movement Qigong that Ya Mu described here?

- Does the DVD cover everything that one would learn in a stillness movement qigong workshop - in terms of techniques?

If anyone has the DVD, I would appreciate an independent review as well.

Thanks!

- What is the DVD all about? Qigong, Neigong?

- The DVD page talks of 'shamanic movements'. Is the technique same as stillness movement Qigong that Ya Mu described here?

- Does the DVD cover everything that one would learn in a stillness movement qigong workshop - in terms of techniques?

If anyone has the DVD, I would appreciate an independent review as well.

Thanks!

Might I suggest sending a PM directly to Ya Mu? Perhaps you could ask him to reply here?

Ya Mu - If we ask it's not spam, right?

Craig

Can give info - can't give independent review :lol:

The Gift of the Tao: Vibratory Acts of Power are reflected vibrational patterns as seen on the Higher vibrational levels. They are energy movements derived from the practice of dreaming qigong which is a sub-set of the sleeping qigong form of the Stillness-Movement system of neigong.

The DVD has Tao's Gift movements. Stillness-Movement requires attending class with me as vibrational patterns are projected to the student - energy based information - to initiate the student in the system (I project qi to the student for many reasons, this is one). A person can learn Gift of the Tao from the DVD. Even though I saw these patterns in dreamtime and developed the system I would like to credit Master Y W Chang (always referred to himself as Chen Pan Ling's senior student), Master Wang Juemin, and the ascended masters all for their input as I was developing these vibratory acts of power over a period of 15 years.

Look for Gift of the Tao II:______ ________ due to be released this year. (yes, I know what goes in the blanks)

Edited by Ya Mu

Can give info - can't give independent review :lol:

The Gift of the Tao: Vibratory Acts of Power are reflected vibrational patterns as seen on the Higher vibrational levels. They are energy movements derived from the practice of dreaming qigong which is a sub-set of the sleeping qigong form of the Stillness-Movement system of neigong.

The DVD has Tao's Gift movements. Stillness-Movement requires attending class with me as vibrational patterns are projected to the student - energy based information - to initiate the student in the system (I project qi to the student for many reasons, this is one). A person can learn Gift of the Tao from the DVD. Even though I saw these patterns in dreamtime and developed the system I would like to credit Master Y W Chang (always referred to himself as Chen Pan Ling's senior student), Master Wang Juemin, and the ascended masters all for their input as I was developing these vibratory acts of power over a period of 15 years.

Look for Gift of the Tao II:______ ________ due to be released this year. (yes, I know what goes in the blanks)

YaMu, thanks for the inputs.

I see on your website that you offer distance healing. Currently, is there no distance learning possible to learn Stillness-Movement from you? Thanks!

• Like 1

YaMu, thanks for the inputs.

I see on your website that you offer distance healing. Currently, is there no distance learning possible to learn Stillness-Movement from you? Thanks!

I have thought about it. But right now, no.

Thanks for your interest.

Hi Ya Mu, can the material on this DVD be practiced in conjunction with other moving qigong forms, or is it one of those systems that requires excluding material from other sources? Thanks in advance.

Hi Ya Mu, can the material on this DVD be practiced in conjunction with other moving qigong forms, or is it one of those systems that requires excluding material from other sources? Thanks in advance.

In general it should be no problem adding it to other systems as the moves are themselves balancing. I practice Stillness-Movement along side of the moves and it is wonderful.

I am not a fan of forced systems (forced opening of energy centers), and I would say try these moves without the forceful work and see if it works better. They are Shamanic Shifting moves. As one progresses through the moves there will be energy shifts that correspond (vibrationally) with natural openings of the energy centers. One is definitely shifted into a new awareness at the end of the moves.

• Like 2

Just wanted to add my 2 cents to this. My experience with The Gift Of The Tao movements is very positive. Afterwards I feel very balanced and buzzing with energy. For me it also turns the internal heat on. I can train in the cold and not even feel it (not that I make a habit of that). Even when I do them indoors it feels like I'm outside in the sun... In fact there is a very peaceful feeling that I have only ever felt before from primordial Qi Gong.

I felt results the first time I tried these movements but as with anything I would give three months of daily practice to do it justice. It does not take long to do either (I can do if you like).

• Like 1

Just wanted to add my 2 cents to this. My experience with The Gift Of The Tao movements is very positive. Afterwards I feel very balanced and buzzing with energy. For me it also turns the internal heat on. I can train in the cold and not even feel it (not that I make a habit of that). Even when I do them indoors it feels like I'm outside in the sun... In fact there is a very peaceful feeling that I have only ever felt before from primordial Qi Gong.

I felt results the first time I tried these movements but as with anything I would give three months of daily practice to do it justice. It does not take long to do either (I can do if you like).

Yes they can be very warming. We usually have to take breaks in class when we do them because we heat the room up so much. Energized but calm - amazing feeling, eh?

One of the medical qigong techniques we use is derived from this. If someone needs instantly warmed up all we need is to project that particular vibration (you know which I mean) to the person and instantly WHAM; a fire is burning brightly for them.

Cool stuff, gonna eventually buy the DVD when i feel the time is right and then combine it with my ZZ practice from the "Way of Energy".

Cool stuff, gonna eventually buy the DVD when i feel the time is right and then combine it with my ZZ practice from the "Way of Energy".

I think these practices of ZZ and Gift of the Tao would be highly complementary.

Gift of the Tao 2 has been delayed until I heal from a torn tendon. Hopefully by summers end.

I can't wait to get your gift of the Tao, I am about to order it :D .

So is your Gift of the Tao set of movements linear or non-linear like the stillness practice?

Also what was your purpose for spending the time to create this set of qigong exercises, what benefit do they give that the stillness movement does not?

Does the whole set of exercises in the Gift of the Tao work on the entire energy body?

I can't wait to get your gift of the Tao, I am about to order it :D .

So is your Gift of the Tao set of movements linear or non-linear like the stillness practice?

Also what was your purpose for spending the time to create this set of qigong exercises, what benefit do they give that the stillness movement does not?

Does the whole set of exercises in the Gift of the Tao work on the entire energy body?

The Gift of the Tao movements are highly energetic exercises that approximate complicated energy patterns as seen in Higher Levels. I received them through the practice of Stillness-Movement - Sleeping Qigong - Dreaming Qigong. As such, one could say they are extensions of Stillness-Movement. It IS a complete workout of the energy body.

Purpose for spending time to create these? No choice or thought process involved; I practice Listening and just Do.

So you never had the goal of making your own qigong set, it just kind of came to you and you went along with it. Would you say upon making the Gift of the Tao and practicing it everyday, you experienced a further increase to your energy vibration that was not there when you only practiced stillness moving qigong?

So would you say the Gift of the Tao starts out as a linear practice, but once one goes to your workshop and learns the stillness movement, then the Gift of the Tao can become a non-linear qigong which yields a much greater healing potential then if it was just linear?

So you never had the goal of making your own qigong set, it just kind of came to you and you went along with it. Would you say upon making the Gift of the Tao and practicing it everyday, you experienced a further increase to your energy vibration that was not there when you only practiced stillness moving qigong?

So would you say the Gift of the Tao starts out as a linear practice, but once one goes to your workshop and learns the stillness movement, then the Gift of the Tao can become a non-linear qigong which yields a much greater healing potential then if it was just linear?

Although I do realize it doesn't make any sense linearly "it just kinda came to you" is not what I said. This is nothing I planned, made up, had any intention of doing, etc. Re-read the section in the book about practicing "Listening".

Yes, absolutely it has made an extreme difference in my life - and the lives of other people - practicing these moves. As I said, they are highly energetic and help to open the energy gates. They also help induce a resonance for the levels from which they came.

Great! Can't wait to get started! I am the inquirer type of person always asking questions in what I am fascinated about, but I am sure that once I begin doing your practices everything that you talk about will just start making sense to me.

Happy Thanksgiving :)

Ben

just a question about practicing the Gift of the Tao.

So I believe you said the entire practice takes roughly 15-20 minutes to do. So I guess the minimum amount of time to practice Gift of the Tao would be about 20 minutes, however is there a maximum amount of time? I read or have been told from other qigong sources to never over do qigong as it can over strain the energy body. They compared qigong to wieight lifting in that if you over workout, then you can injure your muscles, and they said the same goes for qigong in that if you over practice past what your body can handle then you can over strain the energy body and cause harm to one's self. Is there any truth to this? Does this concept apply to your gift of the Tao? If so, can one simply start out doing 20 minutes, then work up to 40, then 60 minutes and so on until one could possibly do Gift of the Tao for say 2 hours straight or even more?

just a question about practicing the Gift of the Tao.

So I believe you said the entire practice takes roughly 15-20 minutes to do. So I guess the minimum amount of time to practice Gift of the Tao would be about 20 minutes, however is there a maximum amount of time? I read or have been told from other qigong sources to never over do qigong as it can over strain the energy body. They compared qigong to wieight lifting in that if you over workout, then you can injure your muscles, and they said the same goes for qigong in that if you over practice past what your body can handle then you can over strain the energy body and cause harm to one's self. Is there any truth to this? Does this concept apply to your gift of the Tao? If so, can one simply start out doing 20 minutes, then work up to 40, then 60 minutes and so on until one could possibly do Gift of the Tao for say 2 hours straight or even more?

Yes to all of the questions. Everyone needs to practice Listening. In class we do Gift of the Tao off and on for 2 days.

Ya, I thought this was an interesting way to put it, I read one of Michael Tse's (Wild goose teacher) articles about qigong. Someone asked him how long do we practice, he replied "you don't ask how much do we eat, you just stop when you get full, the same goes for qigong, you stop when you are full". I guess just like lifting weights, you will know when your body is done.

But is there truth that over working at qigong can harm the body, or are your methods safe enough where I could just pop in the Gift of the Tao DVD and just keep doing it for 3 hours, or should I work up to that level? I guess at least with your stillness movement, there is no maximum, 24 hours a day would be the best, although it might take me years to achieve that.

Ya, I thought this was an interesting way to put it, I read one of Michael Tse's (Wild goose teacher) articles about qigong. Someone asked him how long do we practice, he replied "you don't ask how much do we eat, you just stop when you get full, the same goes for qigong, you stop when you are full". I guess just like lifting weights, you will know when your body is done.

But is there truth that over working at qigong can harm the body, or are your methods safe enough where I could just pop in the Gift of the Tao DVD and just keep doing it for 3 hours, or should I work up to that level? I guess at least with your stillness movement, there is no maximum, 24 hours a day would be the best, although it might take me years to achieve that.

Start with one or two run-throughs working up to doing each movement longer after a couple of months. It is not so much a problem with the energy body as the system is balanced, although different people react more/less; it is more of a problem with the mind adapting. Better to do this more slowly and learn to stop the world.

Better to do this more slowly and learn to stop the world.

So is it that the slower you can perform each individual move and really be in "the moment" is when the moves become the most effective and beneficial. What exactly is your qigong routine, does it involve: Living the stillness movement 24/7 while very slowly performing the Gift of the Tao, while stopping the world, for several hours per day?

So in this sense it is more about quality than quantity, it doesn't matter how many times you perform the Gift of the Tao, if you are rushing through the exercises you are not receiving the same benefit you would get from going through the exercises one time but really putting your heart and feeling into each move.

I've been practicing the Gift of the Tao. I noticed last night that even though my wife wanted to go out for drinks, I strongly felt the need to practice Gift of the Tao instead. I felt better after. ;) I hope I can catch a workshop in the future.

Start with one or two run-throughs working up to doing each movement longer after a couple of months. It is not so much a problem with the energy body as the system is balanced, although different people react more/less; it is more of a problem with the mind adapting. Better to do this more slowly and learn to stop the world.

-Ya Mu i've been practicing Gift of the Tao everyday for a a couple of months now...and haven't felt any negative side-effects. Also i've been practicing ZZ since june.

-Should i start practicing every other day or should i continue it daily?

I've been practicing the Gift of the Tao. I noticed last night that even though my wife wanted to go out for drinks, I strongly felt the need to practice Gift of the Tao instead. I felt better after. ;) I hope I can catch a workshop in the future.

Yeah, practicing really gives me a good boost for the rest of the day: better than coffee.

What exactly is your qigong routine, does it involve: Living the stillness movement 24/7 while very slowly performing the Gift of the Tao, while stopping the world, for several hours per day?

http://qigongamerica.blogspot.com/2010/08/internal-external-energetics-program.html

I sometimes do the movements very fast and sometimes very slow. INITIALLY it is very difficult to stop the world while moving fast.

So in this sense it is more about quality than quantity, it doesn't matter how many times you perform the Gift of the Tao, if you are rushing through the exercises you are not receiving the same benefit you would get from going through the exercises one time but really putting your heart and feeling into each move.

Yes

-Ya Mu i've been practicing Gift of the Tao everyday for a a couple of months now...and haven't felt any negative side-effects. Also i've been practicing ZZ since june.

-Should i start practicing every other day or should i continue it daily?

Yeah, practicing really gives me a good boost for the rest of the day: better than coffee.

You can practice as much as you wish since you have already been practicing for a couple of months - I have never seen ANY negative effects from practicing Gift of Tao. I was stating that, when first doing the movements it is best to not go overboard and ease into it.