Sign in to follow this  
Birch

Strange things with MCO

I've been feeling something I wasn't before with MCO. As the subtitle suggests it feels like a "double" orbit with two "balls" tracking each other at opposite sides around the loop. It might just be something I'm doing (like switching between the two for whatever reason). When I try to reduce it to one "ball" it just gets harder to do. Any takes?

Actually, I have a list of weird things to relate so I might go do that in the private forum;-)

With thanks!

Kate

When I started doing orbits I would visualize them.

Over time I would start to feel sensations, sometimes the sensations were like my visualization but sometimes they would feel different. I could try to make those sensations conform to my visualization or I could pay more attention to those feelings and sensations and less to what I was trying to visualize or make happen.

IMHO once you can start to feel sensations go with that. My micro feels more like a rotating ring (or loop) and the macro like a flowing figure 8 rather than the point of awareness I started out visualizing.

Looking forward to other replies.

Guest sykkelpump

I've been feeling something I wasn't before with MCO. As the subtitle suggests it feels like a "double" orbit with two "balls" tracking each other at opposite sides around the loop. It might just be something I'm doing (like switching between the two for whatever reason). When I try to reduce it to one "ball" it just gets harder to do. Any takes?

Actually, I have a list of weird things to relate so I might go do that in the private forum;-)

With thanks!

Kate

dont try to reduce it to one ball,when mco circulate you dont feel a ball moving in the mco.you feel the whole mco moving around like rubber belt.

.. it feels like a "double" orbit with two "balls" tracking each other at opposite sides around the loop.

I noticed (and I've talked to friends who'd noticed the same thing) that during some phases there increasingly becomes interaction between du & ren right across from eachother, not just going around the loop. So, what you're experiencing (a variation of that) is common. No worries. Actually a good thing as far as I've felt it.

Other variations can happen as well, like the orbit going in fwd/reverse, feeling that there are different layers of the orbit folded over in some areas. It's all ok. Whatever arises - as long as it feels relatively balanced and like "a good thing". It's not all just like the book says. :rolleyes: Your 'feel' of it is more important than maps. "The map is not the terrain."

- Trunk

Awesome cool! Thanks Trunk. Also what Mal and Sykkelpump said. I had that a couple of times too (reminded me of a fan belt on a car :lol:)

Man this place is lots of fun (useful also!)

Joking apart, it would then seem that some things are "tried and true". But which ones? :ninja:

Try some?

Edited for:

- thanks to Trunk

- the sudden dawning of the understanding of something my yoga teacher said. "It's just the practice".

- small remorse for some amount of skepticism (but I'll hang on to it anyway;-))

Edited by Kate

there increasingly becomes interaction between du & ren right across from eachother, not just going around the loop

I don't know how relevant it is, but Minke De Vos from the HT school starts teaching the microcosmic orbit as two balls moving through the orbit. First at opposite ends, then chasing each other w/ additional 'balls' added into the path.

So interestingly enough, you're feeling one her teaching methods for the orbit :)

Michael

Hi!

I didn't manage to look at the Willy Wonka video on YT because I need to upgrade or something. Can you embed it here? I can see those.

Interesting that such an experience is being taught as a method. It echoes the secret smile for me in that the practice becomes the result. Also strangely enough, as soon as I'd mentioned it, it went "back" to being 1 ball again;-)

But it's starting to occur to me that being able to "see" both the inside and the outside equally well would be really useful when making any decisions about what to do about our health or our food or exercise...

Sign in to follow this