Sign in to follow this  
Makyea

Hi From A Lost Girl

Just thought I would stop here and say hello! My name is Makyea and I live in Minnesota. I just registered cause I read about taoism in a book on world religions and I really thought the ideas of it spoke to me and who I really am and wanted more information on it. When I found this website I was so excited because as good as the information I read is it doesn't tell me what it truly means to be taoist and I thought this is amazing that I can talk to people who know. So, yeah this is pretty awesome.

Hey Makyea,

I'm a noob to this stuff too and I completely agree with your sentiments about the art of Taoism.

The thing that I love about it is that it can't really be defined as one thing! It is a anthology of useful practices in alchemy, spirituality and beliefs and for the most part "it is all gold!".

Sufism is much the same..

I would define these things as expansive/ non dogmatic religions, which is the way religion should be, I think..

The eyes are the gateway to the soul hey lol?

Keep it up :)

Matt.

Hey Makyea,

I'm a noob to this stuff too and I completely agree with your sentiments about the art of Taoism.

The thing that I love about it is that it can't really be defined as one thing! It is a anthology of useful practices in alchemy, spirituality and beliefs and for the most part "it is all gold!".

Sufism is much the same..

I would define these things as expansive/ non dogmatic religions, which is the way religion should be, I think..

The eyes are the gateway to the soul hey lol?

Keep it up :)

Matt.

Hello Makyea - nice intro - having stumbled into tao awareness once no take ever quite the same...

Way to go; have a good time.

Hi Makyea,

Welcome!

May you enjoy your time here.

Yes, Taoism covers all aspects of life. Most of them are discussed somewhere on this board.

Peace & Love!

Hellooo and welcome. I am new too and yes meditation is a great place to start. Especially for my head that can run a million thoughts per second and needs to calm down at times and get a clear view on things. So have fun and watch all the interesting people on here cause they know a lot of things. <3

"One who goes with the tao..."?

My point was that if it means anything, it is impossible to tell it with words.

Sign in to follow this