Gerard

Light Qi

I am able to see light qi with my third eye as a white pure light which sparkels as tiny little stars (probably other cultivators see it in a different form) every time I absorb it through my crown and send it through my medirians to the rest of my body.

I believe this pure source of Qi is the underlying force of everything that manifests and gives shape and form to Samsara. It well maybe what religions call the ultimate God, or at least God's workings.

I would like to hear your experiences and opinions with this regard.

...a major aspect of the ultimate but not the ultimate.

Some use the name, "Lord Brahma"... many others use many other names.

Btw, imo there is no real "samsara", there is only something misunderstood that some people name as samsara.

Om

Some use the name, "Lord Brahma"... many others use many other names.

Btw, imo there is no real "samsara", there is only something misunderstood that some people name as samsara.

Om

Well articulated, thank you ^_^

Btw, imo there is no real "samsara", there is only something misunderstood that some people name as samsara...

Don't just stop there; what have you experienced that makes you say that?

In this interview with Jerry Alan Johnson, there is a fantastic discussion of Light from about 42:00 to 53:00 (well, what JAJ says is fantastic at least...)

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/qigongmasters/2009/11/24/interview-with-dr-jerry-allan-johnson

To skip right to 42:00, here is the link for the mp3:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/qigongmasters/2009/11/24/interview-with-dr-jerry-allan-johnson.mp3?localembed=download

He says a lot of the same stuff as Ya Mu is always saying around here. Maybe he'll have an en-light-ening post to share if he's not too busy.

There is also an instructive and hilarious story about the stages of qigong practice soon after the discussion of Light, from about 56:30-62:00

I am able to see light qi with my third eye as a white pure light which sparkels as tiny little stars (probably other cultivators see it in a different form) every time I absorb it through my crown and send it through my medirians to the rest of my body.

I believe this pure source of Qi is the underlying force of everything that manifests and gives shape and form to Samsara. It well maybe what religions call the ultimate God, or at least God's workings.

rolleyes.gif

You see electricity from lower dantiens that stimulates the optical nerves, producing "phosphenes" in the visual field. This is a very good sign that someday you will open the third eye if you continue what you are doing. Later in the cultivation path the tiny little stars will converge into a central luminous dot which the taoists call "the pearl". By the way this first stage in the meditation is called "the white snow" in Wuzhen Pian or other alchemical texts.

Later "the pearl" will become larger like a "full moon" and will be very strong during full moon and will vane during new moon. Ultimately the "moon" will be so luminous that it will became like a "sun" and you will experience something similar like Drew Hempel says : a pure white light. This is the Clear White Light of the buddhists. Until you achieve the clear white light you may or may not have many other confirmatory experiences of third eye opening, you may see colors or images of vivid realities. I don't have it open but I reached the "moon" stage last year. My friend have the third eye open and he described to me the whole process, and yes the tiny little stars is the first stage of the opening. And still, the opening is a continuous process, once opened many other "openings" may arise. Also ceasing the meditation practice may pull you down the path, right now I don't even see the tiny stars...sad.gif I need to do again the whole process...

PS. Mantak chia calls this experience "the cristal chamber" is like a chamber in the head full of cristals is lighted by a tiny ray of light that is reflected in the cristals. when the ray of light will become stronger the "cristal chamber" becomes like daylight.

Edited by steam

I once read that the snow phenomenon was just indicative of an overabundance of white blood cells. Can't find a link to that info right now...

Thank you very much for the input, Steam. Very concise and clarifying; however, I feel the steps you described may vary according to the practitioner and not necessarily in the order you described so well. I have seen colours, for instance blue, green light ascending in front of me like a beam of light which was related to my liver qi. I have seen vivid images of other realities in Vipassana retreat and also during normal meditation practice at home. I have seen what was sitting in front of me during meditation while my eyes were shut, etc.

However the stuff I have mentioned was not happening within me. It comes from above like a beam of light entering my crown and then it disperses itself in a myriad of sparkling stars. Is this still the same attainment you just referred to? One last thing, it also happens to me while I fall in trance anytime during the day, i.e. walking in the street or watching something in my local park.

Edited: typo.

Edited by durkhrod chogori

However the stuff I have mentioned was not happening within me. It comes from above like a beam of light entering my crown and then it disperses itself in a myriad of sparkling stars. Is this still the same attainment you just referred to? One last thing, it also happens to me while I fall in trance anytime during the day, i.e. walking in the street or watching something in my local park.

I don't know exactly if the phenomena should be in that order, you are right they differ from person to person, but what you describe looks like the process shown in the movie "Spiritual reality" (you can access it through the link in my signature) in min. 16:30 or 25:50 or 32:33, although I believe you are in a more advanced stage of opening. I see the phosphenes but not the beam of light that come from above which is the link to God for all the beings. My friend says he can see that beam of light that go above into the infinity. If you see only the phosphenes this is a beginner stage, but if you see the beam of light that go above into the infinity, this is a very advanced stage, even the alchemical texts say that "seeing the white snow" is quite advanced (maybe not literally but so I interpret).

Seeing the colors correspond to the chakras openings or so he told me, later he saw the color of organs which are etheric energy more dense than astral. Chakras are seen first because they correspond to astral energy and the eye opened first sees the astral. In advanced stages the eye sees the etheric, which by the way very few can see.

:rolleyes:

Amazing!

This first happened to me some years ago when I was meditating on my lower dan tien. A shaft of white light descended from my crown, but surprised me so much that I never got it again. Not until yesterday that is. A jovial ganesh gave me a lotus flower which floats above my crown and it's roots of glistening white pearls delve into my body.

I can reach the stage again today by clearing my mind, or I can force it by visualising the lotus and calling his name.

It's beautiful. Half tempted to paint it :) and I am still at the stage of drawing stick men :P

Slight pressure in the top of my head every now and then too...

Love, light and happiness,

James

Amazing!

Good stuff!! Remember not to become attached to it as it is impermanent. Just keep going, you haven't reached your goal yet. :)

In this interview with Jerry Alan Johnson, there is a fantastic discussion of Light from about 42:00 to 53:00 (well, what JAJ says is fantastic at least...)

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/qigongmasters/2009/11/24/interview-with-dr-jerry-allan-johnson

To skip right to 42:00, here is the link for the mp3:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/qigongmasters/2009/11/24/interview-with-dr-jerry-allan-johnson.mp3?localembed=download

He says a lot of the same stuff as Ya Mu is always saying around here. Maybe he'll have an en-light-ening post to share if he's not too busy.

There is also an instructive and hilarious story about the stages of qigong practice soon after the discussion of Light, from about 56:30-62:00

That's an excellent interview (yes the interviewer lost the flow a bit when he freaked out over the use of "God" :lol: ) Thank you for linking it.

Fun quote.

"Why must all the good things in life only be for the chosen few"

Fun quote.

"Why must all the good things in life only be for the chosen few"

I think the quote would be better put -

"Why do only a few choose the good things in life"

I think the quote would be better put -

"Why do only a few choose the good things in life"

I'd say because it takes some time and hard knocks to learn that vice is not virtue.

Om

• Like 1

Durkhrod Chogori,

...came across a book that may be of interest to you if you don't already have it (?)

that speaks of some of these effects. (I just began reading it)

"Practicing the Jhanas", from Pa Auk Sayadaw teachings, authors Snyder & Rasmussen,

Shambhala press 2009

Om

post-51155-127202906183_thumb.jpg

Edited by 3bob

rolleyes.gif

You see electricity from lower dantiens that stimulates the optical nerves, producing "phosphenes" in the visual field. This is a very good sign that someday you will open the third eye if you continue what you are doing. Later in the cultivation path the tiny little stars will converge into a central luminous dot which the taoists call "the pearl". By the way this first stage in the meditation is called "the white snow" in Wuzhen Pian or other alchemical texts.

Later "the pearl" will become larger like a "full moon" and will be very strong during full moon and will vane during new moon. Ultimately the "moon" will be so luminous that it will became like a "sun" and you will experience something similar like Drew Hempel says : a pure white light. This is the Clear White Light of the buddhists. Until you achieve the clear white light you may or may not have many other confirmatory experiences of third eye opening, you may see colors or images of vivid realities. I don't have it open but I reached the "moon" stage last year. My friend have the third eye open and he described to me the whole process, and yes the tiny little stars is the first stage of the opening. And still, the opening is a continuous process, once opened many other "openings" may arise. Also ceasing the meditation practice may pull you down the path, right now I don't even see the tiny stars...sad.gif I need to do again the whole process...

PS. Mantak chia calls this experience "the cristal chamber" is like a chamber in the head full of cristals is lighted by a tiny ray of light that is reflected in the cristals. when the ray of light will become stronger the "cristal chamber" becomes like daylight.

Awesome, thanks!

durkhrod chogori & .broken. - Are you guys seeing these lights with your eyes opened or closed?

3bob - What is the "crystal body" that that book talks about? The Tibetan Rainbow Body/Diamond Body?

And what are the basic meditation tips in there? Any good ones?

Durkhrod Chogori,

...came across a book that may be of interest to you if you don't already have it (?)

that speaks of some of these effects. (I just began reading it)...

Thank you very much for bothering to do this, but I don't read written material on the subject anymore unless it is anecdotical stuff.

Awesome, thanks!

durkhrod chogori & .broken. - Are you guys seeing these lights with your eyes opened or closed?

3bob - What is the "crystal body" that that book talks about? The Tibetan Rainbow Body/Diamond Body?

And what are the basic meditation tips in there? Any good ones?

Closed. Any meditation is good as long as is done away from noise, distractions and all sorts of pollution, including mental.

Thank you very much for bothering to do this, but I don't read written material on the subject anymore unless it is anecdotical stuff.

You are welcome. Btw, it did seem to me that the first chapter of said book (masterly) pertained to your question at the beginning of this string.

Good fortune

Om

Amazing!

.... A jovial ganesh gave me a lotus flower which floats above my crown and it's roots of glistening white pearls delve into my body.

I can reach the stage again today by clearing my mind, or I can force it by visualising the lotus and calling his name.

It's beautiful.

From A Light Warrior's Guide to High Level Healing

My Mind is Like the Sun

My Heart is Like the Moon

Inside My body There is a Lotus

The Lotus Reflects the Light of the Sun and Moon

I Feel I am a Higher Level Being

I Can Move the Universe

For I am a Warrior of the Light

This light level is our essential physical presence, core energy. Its also our spirit.

My experience with this comes from the effects of Nei Dan practice, where one tunes into the light and spark-quality of the energy both inside and outside. When I am finished with a sitting I usually see tiny sparks and "stars" all around. And these sparks kind of "jump".

h

Thanks guys, reading your words receiving their energy motivates and brings joy.

In my experience these days, I make my self available to the Heavenly Chi and it responds with a Brilliant white beam that penetrates my crown and central channel and then suffuses the rest of my body. It is usually accompanied by a rush of bliss in my central channel and a burst of heat in my LDT and an expanding of my heart.

If I have been a bit Lazy in my practice these extra effects do not happen till the light has 'chucked out' some of the build up in my channels... That may take a few minutes.

Some times other more unusual stuff accompanies it.

Any visual practices that work with the beam of energy up through the middle also trigger this, such as Falun Gongs 'penetrating the two cosmic extremes' or any of the 'lift chi up, pour chi down' kind of practices.

For me personally it Feels that the Light is the source or underlying substance of all matter and chi.

and 3Bob...

"...a major aspect of the ultimate but not the ultimate."

Awesome! :)

Any one have any Views on the difference between 'Light Qi' and the rest of the energy universe?

Also what do people think about cultivation methods and light Qi?