Sign in to follow this  
Mal

The Sorcerers' Crossing: A Woman's Journey

I don't know if it's just because I'm older and have done other stuff, including reading Castaneda's books. But Sorcerers' Crossing seems much clearer with more detail on practices.

Like most of my books I've had this one stored for a while but today I stumbled across it and unzip it. Must be the right time :) Now back to Chapter 7 Breathing and Shadows :D

It is quite shocking in this book when you read about the sexual network a woman's body carries from past lovers, isnt it.. I remember Ian telling me about the Barry Long idea that an evolved man who has got free sexually from objectivising women and all that damaging stuff, can have a 'magnetic penis' and heal the woman inside. I certainly did the recapitulation after reading this and even so.. eh ... no wonder 'sexual healing' is such a popular song..

• Like 1

Clara said emphatically. "Men leave specific energy lines inside the body of women. They are like luminous tapeworms that move inside the womb, sipping up energy."

say what...!

Yes a bit shocking. Actually my reaction was a rather selfish "So it's not men losing energy, retention is pointless after all (:lol:) it's all about connections"

"The whole world is unfair to women!" she exclaimed. "But that's not the point."

<snip>

"These energy fibers left in women's wombs also become merged with the energy makeup of the offspring, should conception take place," Clara elaborated:

"It may be the rudiments of family ties, for the energy from the father merges with that of the fetus, and enables the man to sense that the child is his own.

"These are some of the facts of life a girl's mother never tells her.

"Women are reared to be easily seduced by men, without the slightest idea of the consequences of sexual intercourse in terms of the energy drainage it produces in them. This is my point and this is what is not fair."

Reminded me of our "Get a job Get a wife" thread, both parents sharing/combining for the energy needs of the child.

I'm not really sure what to make of that sex perspective, especially in relation to promiscuous sex. But in anthropology we learnt of a tribe where they beleived the father had to keep having sex during pregnancy to ensure that the child would be healthy and strong. That story was presented to show how the tribe didn't understand the western science where it only took one sperm to create a life.......... I wonder which view is more "correct"

It is quite shocking in this book when you read about the sexual network a woman's body carries from past lovers, isnt it.. I remember Ian telling me about the Barry Long idea that an evolved man who has got free sexually from objectivising women and all that damaging stuff, can have a 'magnetic penis' and heal the woman inside. I certainly did the recapitulation after reading this and even so.. eh ... no wonder 'sexual healing' is such a popular song..
Well, that assertion would certainly be a great self-serving one for Barry. "Hey baby, let me "heal" you with my magical pen0r!!!" :rolleyes:

So, one wonders how accurate that and Clara's scare-mongering "neo-feminist" claim that men leave "energetic tapeworms" inside women really are?

And even if that were true, men would probably still be the shortchanged ones considering the amount of jing lost by men with each deposit. Not to mention, the whole evolutionary point of sex is procreation and giving the best to the potential baby. So, it would be only logical if BOTH partners gave up stuff during sex - but ultimately to the BABY, not each other. Only when you view sex from strictly a hedonistic, self-centered perspective might you feel it's so "unfair."

But, what's a baby but a giant parasite anyways, right? :lol:

"Women are reared to be easily seduced by men, without the slightest idea of the consequences of sexual intercourse in terms of the energy drainage it produces in them. This is my point and this is what is not fair."
Well, women used to be discouraged from casual sex - but then feminists complained that they were being sexually oppressed by "patriarchal" men. So, they "sexually-liberated" themselves and now enjoy casual sex like frat boys.

And, why should they be warned against "energetic tapeworms," when I've never even heard of that before (outside of Castaneda's work)? Let's hear some proof of this before we start sounding the alarm bells here, lol.

Moreso (and ironically), Taisha Abelar was one of Carlos's "witch" lovers - of whom he had a handful. Who also disappeared shortly after his death. But, I guess she and her fellow groupies had no problem accepting Carlos's tapeworms - that she cautions other women against?

At the heart of Castaneda's movement was a group of intensely devoted women, all of whom were or had been his lovers. They were known as the witches, and two of them, Florinda Donner-Grau and Taisha Abelar, vanished the day after Castaneda's death, along with Cleargreen president Amalia Marquez and Tensegrity instructor Kylie Lundahl. A few weeks later, Patricia Partin, Castaneda's adopted daughter as well as his lover, also disappeared. In February 2006, a skeleton found in Death Valley, Calif., was identified through DNA analysis as Partin's.

Some former Castaneda associates suspect the missing women committed suicide. They cite remarks the women made shortly before vanishing, and point to Castaneda's frequent discussion of suicide in private group meetings. Achieving transcendence through a death nobly chosen, they maintain, had long been central to his teachings.

Point being, while Carlos and his witches may not be the most authoritative sources here. It's common knowledge now that he is a cultural fraud who fictionalized his work, although I have heard that it does still contain some good insights. But everything probably should be questioned and taken with a grain of salt...not blindly accepted as carved in stone.

Anyhow, an interesting fact about Marvin Gaye's famous song:

Edited by vortex

I've read it too, and seem to recall that I thought glowing tapeworms were real but not limited to sexual activities in their origin. When I was reading that part, I recalled an interview with a clinical psychologist who always tried to talk her clients out of whatever "attachments" messed up their lives till she herself underwent an ibogaine session. With ibogaine, she saw that her body was entangled inside and out in exactly what The Crossing describes, glowing tapeworms, tentacles and tendrils and all that, and she (the psychologist) followed them and their length stretched across the continent and ocean all the way to Florida and that's where she found the source -- her mother! So she started ripping them off her body.

I retain one vestigial habit from having read that book. I don't wear a watch. Strongly believe in getting rid of mirrors too, but that's another glowworm and I can even trace it to my grandmother, who used to scold me, when I was a little girl, for never looking in the mirror!

Apepch7 I actually though you had given me the zip file :) Must have just found a torrent one day.

Heck! That's weird I've got a feeling I might have done then forgotten all about it. Ha! How very Castenada!

hehe Guess this is just the right time to "discover" this book :)

Read the first 4 chapters - the ideas in this (these) books are so powerful and direct that they really speak to me. I can find no fault in them in that respect. At first I was a bit skeptical about the CC tone of the whole thing with the mysterious house and so on and some of the scenes like in the restaurant seemed contrived to make a point - but I very soon dropped all that when it got on to the recapitulation.

When you start dealing with energy in a particular way the recapitulation starts to happen whether you want it or not. Crystal clear images of past events arise ...sometimes when you would rather they didn't! The luminous threads are real in that respect as the basis for these 'charged memories' is the luminous nature of the mind.

The two types of death ... everything ... wonderful ...

In Egypt there were spells about "Not dying a second time"! These were about preventing the disintegration of the 'double' (as the term is used in this book) following an ordinary death.

Continuing in the Castaneda tradition Ive just started this enjoyable little journey The Sorcerers' Crossing.

Im checking it out online http://www.aquakeys.com/toltec/index.html (there is also a ZIP of all the books, basically making the entire site available off-line)

I'm on chapter 5, very interesting stuff about sex being a flow of energy from women to men. Its nice to read about a womans path rather than a man and regardless of the conjecture about Castanedas life and teachings I do enjoy his universe

Just a word on Casteneda and the Toltec tradition. I haven't really followed the post here regarding these topics, but I have just spent the last 6 months deeply involved in these subjects. Surprisingly I found "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Toltec Wisdom" by Sheri Rosenthal to be a terrific source book,to understand much that was obscure in Casteneda's books, although it never does touch on sexuality(I guess you have to be more than an idiot to broach this subject). She also approaches the Toltec tradition from a woman's point of view. Check it out. You can get a used copy on Amazon.com really cheap.

I do some Magical Passes everyday. They had a real strong input from a Chinese man named Lujan who somehow got stranded in Mexico at least a 100 or more years ago(I forget). He was obviously a Taoist. He's mentioned in the introductory section of the 1st set of Passes.

Sorry if I'm moving off topic here.

Eric Yudelove

Edited by Eric Yudelove

Heck! That's weird I've got a feeling I might have done then forgotten all about it. Ha! How very Castenada!

When I did the "Sorcerers' Crossing" from the jungle to Lima, my hotel turned out to be located on the street named Grau. What are the odds?:)

By the way, has anyone seen "Donnie Darko?" -- those glowing worms are graphically depicted therein. They emerge out of the body and pull -- and the guy (the main protagonist's father, who doesn't see or feel them -- his weird son does though) gets lifted from his chair and pulled in the direction of the kitchen. The worms lead him to the fridge, and he opens the fridge. The worms wrap around a bottle of beer and he grabs the beer.

Yes a bit shocking. Actually my reaction was a rather selfish "So it's not men losing energy, retention is pointless after all (:lol:) it's all about connections"

Reminded me of our "Get a job Get a wife" thread, both parents sharing/combining for the energy needs of the child.

I hear you Mal, but its not very productive to gloss thru spirit ideas and mix it all together...

With most ideas it works like this: they work inside a specific context. if you move away from it, they don't work anymore...

The real danger in this is that we can find spiritual excuses to weasel out of tasks that we need to comply eventually...

No harm done either way, thou, evolution is not mandatory...

The funny thing about CC & crew is that they never show an example of an end point, or an accomplished being at it's highest peak... They wrote these books while being 'in the process', and something tells me they are still 'in the process'...

Great idea with Donnie Darko, i'll go and watch it a second time...

Btw, there were other witches that wrote, Florinda, but her books are messy :))

Donnie Darko is a deeply disturbing movie.. I love it :)

Donnie_darko_comics_issue_1.jpg

Everything is disturbing in that movie its a mad world......

Picture too big to embed but it's beautiful

anyhow

Nice book, lots of good stuff in there. More would have been interesting but I guess it gets increasingly pointless to talk about it.

Intent is everything.

Magic is like psychology IMHO

Understanding comes from recapitulating their lives, and power gathers from their impeccable acts.
Recapitulation reminds me a bit of eye movement therapy. But psychology is too young a science to have access to the depth of power that traditions access. Rituals tap strong intent over many lifetimes, building on the experiences of others who were searching for the same thing.

Woom Power

1367900493_05d99cd2fe.jpg

That woom power image is wonderful.

It's an Alex Gray world we live in, no doubt about it. And the semen is a material substance that can be controlled with relative ease. Retention practices are in a way the idiots guide to not going around smearing your life force everywhere.. but the sorceror is able to do that on a non physical level..

Mal I love the stories about what you though of sex when you were little.. I believe that what we think of sex when we are little is really key to our sexual karma and is what we have to work with in this life.

I'm not really sure what to make of that sex perspective, especially in relation to promiscuous sex. But in anthropology we learnt of a tribe where they beleived the father had to keep having sex during pregnancy to ensure that the child would be healthy and strong. That story was presented to show how the tribe didn't understand the western science where it only took one sperm to create a life.......... I wonder which view is more "correct"

Interesting, isnt it. I think it is a good way of the father really knowing ( I mean a deeper knowing than just a factual one)he is the father of that child.. to me, it bonds the father, the process you describe. So it is useful... it also, I think, lets the woman realise more fully who is the father of the child. Otherwise, with the intense carrying relationship between mother and child, it is easy for the father to become peripheral, psychically.

Magic is like psychology IMHO Recapitulation reminds me a bit of eye movement therapy. But psychology is too young a science to have access to the depth of power that traditions access. Rituals tap strong intent over many lifetimes, building on the experiences of others who were searching for the same thing.

Woom Power

1367900493_05d99cd2fe.jpg

There's something very engaging about that image.

I'm on Ch 8 now. I don't find the tape worm thing at all surprising - I think the context is about moving from human concerns to freedom. The man/woman dependency thing is about how conditioned our consciousness is and how this shapes energetic relationships. It's as bad for the man as it is for the woman - because its as bad being parasite as it is having one.

What has happened to Taisha Abelar? I know she went missing after CC died and is presumed a suicide. I believe her car was found int he desert or something? Reading this book I have the feeling of real intelligence behind the writing and authenticity - no matter how literally you want to take it.

Hi Cat,

"I believe that what we think of sex when we are little is really key to our sexual karma and is what we have to work with in this life."

This bit you wrote seems pretty interesting. Can you explain this a little more in detail? :)

Thanks in advance

Adishakti

That woom power image is wonderful.

It's an Alex Gray world we live in, no doubt about it. And the semen is a material substance that can be controlled with relative ease. Retention practices are in a way the idiots guide to not going around smearing your life force everywhere.. but the sorceror is able to do that on a non physical level..

Mal I love the stories about what you though of sex when you were little.. I believe that what we think of sex when we are little is really key to our sexual karma and is what we have to work with in this life.

Interesting, isnt it. I think it is a good way of the father really knowing ( I mean a deeper knowing than just a factual one)he is the father of that child.. to me, it bonds the father, the process you describe. So it is useful... it also, I think, lets the woman realise more fully who is the father of the child. Otherwise, with the intense carrying relationship between mother and child, it is easy for the father to become peripheral, psychically.

I've got to get the book you're all talking about.

This is right down my alley and up my street. If you know what I mean.

"I believe that what we think of sex when we are little is really key to our sexual karma and is what we have to work with in this life."

That's interesting. I've wondered about that too. When I was a little girl I had a horribly painful experience when I landed on the bar of a boy's bike. I can remember the cringing pain to this day. My own sexual history was one of violence and pain. I've found myself remembering that bike memory from time to time over the years; certainly there is a connection.

I think there is something to what you're saying.

And 'what we think of sex' is totally formed by the adults around us. I have two awful memories there too. Once the mean Scotch lady on the corner caught me and my friend Harold looking down each other's pants. I think we were 5. She marched me home and told my mother. I was humiliated.

And then there was the time in posture class when I forgot to wear a t-shirt and all the other girls wore bras and they laughed at me. That was humiliating. That memory remains to this day.

Or the time I was scolded while bathing with Mom and noticing that she had a vagina. I asked 'what's that?' and she got mad and that's the last time we ever bathed together.

So maybe what happens to us as children is actually a manifestation of our sexual karma from a previous existence, as you say. And needless to say it's a no-brainer that our childhood experiences would certainly affect the rest of our lives. It does seem to reason that if a person experiences a quantity of the same type of experiences, as mine above, that we are somehow manifesting the tendency carried over from another time. Interesting thought.

Sign in to follow this