ronko

Drinking heavy & then letting Chi take control

Just experienced this , it will wipe you out

had a pretty heavy drink , yup i know drink is shit but sometimes you just need to get some shit out of you and drink is the key ,

got near the end of the4 session and just sat back and let the chi take over and ,wooo

really really strong pulling me , pulling me side to side , back to front , mad

anyone else experienced this ?

its wiping me out

really throwing me about ,

reallly doesnt mix ,

i was ok till i felt the mco start flowing

yup i know drink is shit but sometimes you just need to get some shit out of you and drink is the key ,

o.k. :unsure: Yep you can get smashed and then muck around with your energy.... but like singing when drunk IMHO you are the only one who thinks it sounds good :D

Still........ getting drunk is a well established human tradition, just make sure you choose wisely and play in a safe place if you are going to be out of control.

o.k. :unsure: Yep you can get smashed and then muck around with your energy.... but like singing when drunk IMHO you are the only one who thinks it sounds good :D

wise words :D

had a pretty heavy drink , yup i know drink is shit but sometimes you just need to get some shit out of you and drink is the key ,

Alcohol as being the shit of one of the lowest life forms on earth does take some bad chemicals out of our system -such as MonoSodiumGlumate (MSG) -which is also the shit of bacteria- but it puts more into us than it takes out. 'Better sometimes to just find a corner and spank the shit out of your monkey.

Just experienced this , it will wipe you out

got near the end of the4 session and just sat back and let the chi take over and ,wooo

really really strong pulling me , pulling me side to side , back to front , mad

anyone else experienced this ?

Yes, I've experienced this before. Alcohol relaxes the body greatly and allows for greater energy flow than during 'sober' times. There are dangers, however, as I'm sure you'd expect.

Other than the effect of the poison for your body, of which I am sure you are already aware, the main danger is that of the man's tendency to succomb to folly when the intoxication hits. What do I mean by this? Emotions are greatly amplified and the inexperienced drunk becomes a slave to them. (Those of higher alcohol tolerance and of great experience in this field can learn to gain control of this element.) Rather than perhaps being in the present moment or working constructively with the energy, one adds fuel to the fire of emotion and this may have a destructive effect on one's physical body, energetic body, psychological landscape or one's relationships with other beings.

It is the blessing of being an autonomous consciousness that gives you the freedom to experiment with this as you wish. You are your own man after all and your body is yours to do with what you will. I do have some experience in this matter and will offer the following advice:

•  
  • Do your research into the effects of alcohol. Forewarned is forearmed. You'll need to know how to attain a quick recovery (e.g. amino acid replacement, salt, vitamin C, hydration, naps to recover lost REM sleep, etc.) and there are other fun things to discover such as the effects of other drugs when combined with alochol (coffee is a volatile one :P).
  • Similarly, do your research when it comes to spiritual practices.
  • I personally wouldn't recommend "spanking the monkey" as this would lead to a loss of vital energies and put a temporary hold on spiritual works.
  • Qi can certainly help with the detoxification process both whilst inebriated and upon recovery thereof. I would recommended that you do some gentle practices during the recovery period to help regain vitality.
  • Do some genuine psychological work on yourself. To think that drink is the key, however infrequent, to getting the "shit out" is a complete falacy. Drink acts as a distraction to the matter at hand and only holds off what needs to be confronted for a temporary period. Would you not rather face your "shit" when you are well and healthy rather than recovery from yseterday's drunken haze? Or perhaps your's is a matter of letting go and enjoying yourself because you find live to serious and responsibility a burden... Whatever the need behind getting drunk, find it and analyse it well. Getting drunk isn't a problem, it is our attachment to it that is.

The above is the opinion I have adopted after my experiences in such antics. If you find anything useful in it then take it on board.

Some spiritual masters used drink as an aid to their practices (e.g. Dorje Dradul) but rarely, if ever, to the point of inebriation.

May your path be blessed and your spiritual work most fruitful,

James

Edited by .broken.

Alcohol consumption is a drug. It leads to nowhere as sooner or later you still have to deal with your mind which is directly related to the state of your internal organs; hence, too much alcohol messes up with them.

Edited by durkhrod chogori

yup , i know drink isnt the way to go and the dangers ,

i stay away from it as much as possible,

as my energys have been getting stronger the last few weeks and i had not drank for a while

i had not experienced them together and they where a VERY strong combo

i wont be doing it again i tell ya !

"I personally wouldn't recommend "spanking the monkey" as this would lead to a loss of vital energies and put a temporary hold on spiritual works."

i think spanking the monkey was the factor that lead me to drink !

i have been practising dry multiple orgasms all week with pretty good success ,

was trying out a very strange japanese technique yesterday and it made me ejaculate twice ,

which i tend to avoid ,

not long after , wham !!!!

depression session in effect :(

thus , drinky drinky time leading to getting thrown about time :wacko:

thanks james for that post , very good info in it

Edited by ronko

Is there any correlation between consuming alcohol and preforming Zui Quan with greater effects? Obviously I don't mean for one to be falling-down-drunk, but does a slight intoxication help with chi manipulation in that style?

Inspired by this thread, I was on my 3rd beer last night, and the cricket wasn't going too well for the West Indies. So I decided to run a bit of energy just to see how it went......

Well I'm not sure what I did but it didn't go that well :lol: I spent the next 3 hours unable to stand up + I was rather ill :( I haven't been sick since my mid 20's and never on less than a 6 pack. I couldn't make it back to watch the TV so I had to listen on the radio while curled up :lol:

An interesting experience that I'm in no hurry to repeat. I distinctly remember thinking "this use to be a lot more fun when I was younger"

Not learning but still living :)

Well I had too much champagne yesterday and was singing 'onward christian soldiers' at the top of my voice. it sounded absolutely fab. everybody loved it. or they would have done, if they'd stayed in the room. there was urgent business elsewhere, suddenly. weird.

Inspired by this thread, I was on my 3rd beer last night, and the cricket wasn't going too well for the West Indies. So I decided to run a bit of energy just to see how it went......

Well I'm not sure what I did but it didn't go that well :lol: I spent the next 3 hours unable to stand up + I was rather ill :( I haven't been sick since my mid 20's and never on less than a 6 pack. I couldn't make it back to watch the TV so I had to listen on the radio while curled up :lol:

An interesting experience that I'm in no hurry to repeat. I distinctly remember thinking "this use to be a lot more fun when I was younger"

Not learning but still living :)

I dunno i'm 27 and if i drink my energy runs better. It's like it relaxes me and it just runs. Depending on how much i drink... if i drink more the next morning it runs well too. If i drink not too much the next morning my energy is less. Drink lots and energy is the last thing i think about!

It was chinese new year here the other day and my chinese sucks so i couldn't speak too much only drink. Drank a bottle of grants scotch 750ml and a few beers too and woke up feeling fine the next morning. Just normal. Couldn't believe it. I did eat before i slept though but didn't drink any water. Normally my eyelids would be sticking to my eyeballs after that much alcohol and no water. Wasn't so good climbing over the equipment at the park the next day though, but i still managed it alright and my balance was still better than those around me. Strange. Maybe something to do with the moon of the chinese new year. Gods were looking down on me =]

My thoughts are that alcohol is fine for cultivation. Cultivation is lifelong and alcohol is a part of many peoples lives. Don't fight against your desires, just follow what you want to do. Alcoholism is a different story though. Especially after you realise and you begin to stress in an attempt to stop. The stoop into addiction would be fine. The climb out is hell.

I love the Scuba-Cat avatar

Me too!!

You can tell Cat's really taken that Water thread to heart!

Being drunk + energy work... not compatible... mildly hung over + energy work - for me at least - works great.

If people want a relaxation effect to make their practice more effective, hold off drinking for a month to save up for a Stress Eraser.

Gives you a much deeper relaxation with positive side effects, instead of all the negative ones associated with booze.

IMO, having more than 2 beers (even that is pushing it) and practicing qigong is asking for health problems. That is just how I feel.

I, personally, avoid energy work when under the influence of alcohol or even some vaporized reefer... While I will agree that I do find it easier (at first) to feel the energy begin to pulse and cycle... It's my opinion that the qi assumes a far more erratic and aggressive quality... one absent from sessions when my mind and body are clear of chemical interference... Even during emptiness work, when my mind is (for all intensive purposes) on breathing and not on the revolution of energy, I find I'm acutely aware of the interference of a particular chemical and, consequently, find it difficult to reach equilibrium and let the task at hand absorb me....

...I believe mood-altering to be important... but like oil and water... some things just don't mix well.