Sign in to follow this  
Non

nei kung resources

Can someone point me to a good nei kung resource, of course free would be preferred. Also nothing from Mantak please.

http://www.amazon.com/Book-Nei-Kung-C-Chu/dp/0961658606

I have been doing the exercises as perscribed in this book for the past 6 weeks, and plan on continuing forever.

That's the genius and beauty of this system. You can spend the rest of your life refining these techniques without ever needing to change anything. I've been at it for 2.5 years now and I'm a totally different person. I've heard of secret postures, mudras, and breathing techniques that are allegedly superior to other systems, but I often find them in this system already. What's your Embrace Horse duration?

www.neikungla.com has some great theoretical material behind the practice.

Edited by Blasto

Embrace horse about 6 minutes. I generally go by breaths right now, since I'm traveling and without a timer. 60 deep, slow breaths.

About a year and a half ago, I was doing Neutral Horse Stance and Embrace Horse for about 9 minutes each - vibration and the whole shebang. I stopped at some point, and am gently working my way back up.

I do the neutral horse stance and embrace horse every day, and the nei kung exercises twice a week as perscribed in the book. I am building up, as he suggested. Right now, my twice-weekly workout goes from embrace horse to playing pi'pa, both sides. Tomorrow I will add the next exercise.

Love it. how's it going for you?

Burning Palm System I have is all Nei Gung, it also has very special types of condiioning like Iron Palm but different uses the elements also.

When its ready ill put it up, still working on the dvd and book!

Ape

That's the genius and beauty of this system. You can spend the rest of your life refining these techniques without ever needing to change anything. I've been at it for 2.5 years now and I'm a totally different person. I've heard of secret postures, mudras, and breathing techniques that are allegedly superior to other systems, but I often find them in this system already. What's your Embrace Horse duration?

www.neikungla.com has some great theoretical material behind the practice.

Hey Bindo, would you mind talking more about what the practice has done for you? Also, do you do the Chu Meditation as well? And what kind of time requirement do both the practices need? Thank you!

BLESSINGS!!!

Hey Bindo, would you mind talking more about what the practice has done for you? Also, do you do the Chu Meditation as well? And what kind of time requirement do both the practices need? Thank you!

BLESSINGS!!!

Massive chi flow and everything that goes with it. Way more energy, greater flexibility, etc. I feel like my feet grip the earth more firmly. If I do it at night, I feel like I don't need to sleep.

I used to do the Chu meditation quite a bit, but now I may do the Spring Forest Meditation instead.

If you do the 20 minutes of standing in Nei Kung, you can finish the rest in about 15 minutes or so. It depends on how much time you want to put in to it. Same with meditation.

You can get some excellent results by doing 20 minutes nei kung and 20 minutes meditation.

Massive chi flow and everything that goes with it. Way more energy, greater flexibility, etc. I feel like my feet grip the earth more firmly. If I do it at night, I feel like I don't need to sleep.

I used to do the Chu meditation quite a bit, but now I may do the Spring Forest Meditation instead.

If you do the 20 minutes of standing in Nei Kung, you can finish the rest in about 15 minutes or so. It depends on how much time you want to put in to it. Same with meditation.

You can get some excellent results by doing 20 minutes nei kung and 20 minutes meditation.

My bad, I just realized I replied to Blasto instead of you, thanks for catching that and replying! Anyway, that's awesome cuz I have about an hour a day to devote to my training, so that's great. Why the switch to Spring Forest though? And TO BLASTO, I'd love to hear your experiences too! Thanks guys!

BLESSINGS!!!

I completely concur. The benefits are difficult to quantify for me because they express themselves in personal experience. But if we view the method as a means of targeting the nervous system, we can get some sense of it. The nervous system is the intersection of body and mind, and when it begins to perform with heightened sensitivity, it becomes more efficient at sending information back and forth between body and mind.

You can let your imagination run wild and assess what that might mean for your own particular constitution, but with what I've learned from alchemists in here and from my own experience, our natural gifts take an ascendent path and our character flaws begin to wane. So, a musician may discover that it's easier to vocalize a jazz improvisation solo or detect the chord progression of a song. An artist may discover a new level of mastery with whatever medium they are employing. I am almost ready to say that it is the best formula for increasing one's creativity, but it's too early for me to make such a bold claim.

I also attribute power of chi flow to resolve deep levels of stress, physical and emotional, which jacks up your immune system beyond a level that most people have not experienced.

So there's my spin. Nei kung to unleash the creative genius inside of you.

Edited by Blasto

I completely concur. The benefits are difficult to quantify for me because they express themselves in personal experience. But if we view the method as a means of targeting the nervous system, we can get some sense of it. The nervous system is the intersection of body and mind, and when it begins to perform with heightened sensitivity, it becomes more efficient at sending information back and forth between body and mind.

You can let your imagination run wild and assess what that might mean for your own particular constitution, but with what I've learned from alchemists in here and from my own experience, our natural gifts take an ascendent path and our character flaws begin to wane. So, a musician may discover that it's easier to vocalize a jazz improvisation solo or detect the chord progression of a song. An artist may discover a new level of mastery with whatever medium they are employing. I am almost ready to say that it is the best formula for increasing one's creativity, but it's too early for me to make such a bold claim.

I also attribute power of chi flow to resolve deep levels of stress, physical and emotional, which jacks up your immune system beyond a level that most people have not experienced.

So there's my spin. Nei kung to unleash the creative genius inside of you.

That's great Blasto, thank u. What about Chu Meditation? Do you do it as well? What does it consist of? Sorry for all the questions but I'm limited financially so I'm trying to see if it would suit me and be worth spending money on getting. Thanks again.

BLESSINGS!!!

Hi there.

This is the system I've been using for 8 years almost daily.

The pictures of a nearly 100 year old Wang Ji Wu doing the set is all the recommendation this book needs.

Xing Yi Nei Gong

Clearly 8 years of daily use means it must have demonstrated profound benefit to you. Care to share some of the results?

Looks great but I don't have 90 bucks to drop on a book.

Clearly 8 years of daily use means it must have demonstrated profound benefit to you. Care to share some of the results?

You might be able to get it here:

http://tinyurl.com/y87cdeu

for 17.95 and free shipping, but they don't have it in stock

right now. If you call them, they might be able to tell you

when it will be in stock.

their "contact us" page is:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/contactus/

HTH

That's great Blasto, thank u. What about Chu Meditation? Do you do it as well? What does it consist of? Sorry for all the questions but I'm limited financially so I'm trying to see if it would suit me and be worth spending money on getting. Thanks again.

BLESSINGS!!!

I have no knowledge of his meditation technique. There are a number of free resources for meditation instruction if that is what you wish you supplement your internal alchemy/nei kung practice with. Zen centers can be found in almost any metro area and they usually offer free meditation instruction.

Hi there.

I'm not sure if the results come directly from this set of exercises or the combination of my personal cultivation program.

This includes daily Zhan Zhuang, walking, gym work twice a week,swimming once a week, and daily full lotus meditation.

I very rarely get colds/flu and other viruses. I have healed myself from lingering muscle and sciatica problems which I had before.

Heightened senses, especially smell.

Greater strength and flexibility.

MCO which runs 24/7 without any coaxing or meditation to initiate.

The ability to read other peoples intentions and motives. (not always pleasant).

Peace, compassion, tranquility and a love of the natural world. A general feeling of well being nearly all the time.

Probably many more benefits which are so natural to me that they seem a normal part of my life.

Much of these things can be achieved by all forms of nei gong, IMA's and meditation. The reason I chose this one in particular is when I saw a nearly 100 year old Wang Ji Wu performing the set.

If I can grow gracefully into old age like that, with all my faculties intact, and not stumble into it, then I'll be happy.

Also, Amazon.ca is selling "Xing Yi Nei Gong: Xing Yi Health Maintenance and Internal Strength Development," for $20.13 Canadian dollars:

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/0865681740/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

I ordered it; they are going to take a week or so to even ship

it to me. I assume they actually have it in stock.

They are calling it "Health Maintenance Zing Yi."

The s&h is about $10.

Sign in to follow this