Sign in to follow this  
NeiChuan

Shen leaving the body

I read if not properly rooted in practice and moving to fast the shen can leave the body and im not sure if this has happened to me or its just a case of being unbalanced in some area..

But I've had stuff going on for awhile like short term memory loss/way less attention span/temporary blindness/deafness/loss of balance/not feeling in the situation. I was thinking this could be the cause? I've heard of it and its sad to admit but I dont quite feel like myself all the time. What I mean by that is I feel like I can't handle situations aswell anymore and I've been trying to work back what I feel I lost.

feedback is much appreciated.

I can relate. I rather think of it as circuitry that needs some refreshing. Shen left implies something lost that's gone, instead I put it as wires that have dulled in conductivity. What's the relationship between Shen and Yi again? I know there is one. Basically the magic is that wherever you focus internally you get more current, so those tired old wires can be woken back up.

Vision and hearing can be sharpened, attention can be trained. Find some practices for this.

I like to play with my peripheral vision, ear train for the western scale as well as harmonics in white noise, and play with the "frame rate" of my externally oriented narrative.

You are experiencing one of the numerous symptoms of arising and passing.

Read this info:

http://www.interactivebuddha.com/theAandP.shtml

http://web.mac.com/danielmingram/iWeb/Daniel%20Ingram%27s%20Dharma%20Blog/The%20Blook/F46A4E80-C4FF-43C3-B6FF-5708E9E4CA15.html

The best method I use is the following: pay attention to the arising and ceasing of all phenomena with equanimity. Watch, listen, observe the impermanence of physical and non-physical phenomena. Don't be disturbed by it. Persevere and you'll see the light at the end of the tunnel. :)

Edited: typo.

Edited by durkhrod chogori

Read this info:

http://web.mac.com/danielmingram/iWeb/Daniel%20Ingram%27s%20Dharma%20Blog/The%20Blook/F46A4E80-C4FF-43C3-B6FF-5708E9E4CA15.html

The best method I use is the following: pay attention to the arising and ceasing of all phenomena with equanimity. Watch, listen, observe the impermanence of physical and non-physical phenomena. Don't be disturbed by it. Persevere and you'll see the light at the end of the tunnel. :)

What practice do the Buddhists actually use to *not* be disturbed by phenomena? I'd like to know.

I can relate. I rather think of it as circuitry that needs some refreshing. Shen left implies something lost that's gone, instead I put it as wires that have dulled in conductivity. What's the relationship between Shen and Yi again? I know there is one. Basically the magic is that wherever you focus internally you get more current, so those tired old wires can be woken back up.

Vision and hearing can be sharpened, attention can be trained. Find some practices for this.

I like to play with my peripheral vision, ear train for the western scale as well as harmonics in white noise, and play with the "frame rate" of my externally oriented narrative.

Yeah I noticed that actually.. I keep trying to go back to older methods/things I liked to wake up some of that "broken wiring" aswell as doing stuff/thinking how I use too. Sometimes though I "do" tap into my memory, what I mean by that is sometimes I have nearly as good memory as I use too. Anyway yea I know its there but theres a disconnect.

really like a reservoir.

Read this info:

Yeah I've been coping lol. Thanks alot, I'll take that advice. ^_^

What practice do the Buddhists actually use to *not* be disturbed by phenomena? I'd like to know.

It depends on the school. From what I tried, the most effective is Vipassana or insight meditation but works best on long term retreat o multiple short/medium term retreats.

I read if not properly rooted in practice and moving to fast the shen can leave the body and im not sure if this has happened to me or its just a case of being unbalanced in some area..

But I've had stuff going on for awhile like short term memory loss/way less attention span/temporary blindness/deafness/loss of balance/not feeling in the situation. I was thinking this could be the cause? I've heard of it and its sad to admit but I dont quite feel like myself all the time. What I mean by that is I feel like I can't handle situations aswell anymore and I've been trying to work back what I feel I lost.

feedback is much appreciated.

Hi NeiChuan, I just underlined the answer to your issue, which you gave us at the start of your post.

Really vital to be properly rooted, so that you dont fall over, in all kinds of ways. :)

i have also experienced this.

My teacher taught me that you can heal any aspect of your self.

So one day i decided to send the intent for me "to take control and possesion of my soul and or spirt"

and something happened i felt this missing presence i use to have that i have forgotten about comeback to me.

For me it was a strong sense of manliness.

I felt like a cowboy who was just to cool but it wasnt ego driven i was just right with me. Just cool with who i was.

So yes...a part of your shen can leave you...how i dont know im still investigating that..but i think its an exchange with other people or beings. That come from how you interact with them ie- holes in your aura missing shen? maybe i dont know.

Edited by electric chi magnet

Hm well do you think working on the horse stance aswell as hui yin meditation will do the job? Lol

NeiChuan I dont know you at all so I dont feel I can make any specific suggestions tailor made to suit you.. So if I were you I'd experiment to feel what is most grounding and rooting for you.. standing in qigong stance and going into relaxation and imagining roots growing out of your feet deep into the earth and the earth energy coming up and being circulated through your legs, up your perineum, up your spine, over your crown, and down your front again back into the earth is a classic rooting excercise in which you get grounded. would also stress that it is vital to close down thoroughly after practice to avoid all kinds of transient phenomena and leakings.

@ electric sounds interesting.. I've sorta've tried.

@ cat Yeah I understand, I'll get more rooting done.

thanx all ^_^

Sign in to follow this